• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Just beware the possibility that the idjuts will start carrying even more brazenly and knocking each other off, thinking they now "have the right".

Not saying it will happen... but sure not saying it won't.

I suspect it may happen. I think it is highly likely that carrying a firearm will cause a number of problems. We will have to take the same approach to improper display and brandishing of concealed weapons that the people took towards drunk driving (without the heavy-handed, intrusive invasions of our liberty foisted upon us by the state).

Just the other day, some DemocRat political candidate (in Idaho, I think) pulled out a handgun, threatened store personnel, jumped in her car and fled. Abuse is an unfortunate, but unavoidable consequence of exercising civil rights.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I suspect it may happen. I think it is highly likely that carrying a firearm will cause a number of problems. We will have to take the same approach to improper display and brandishing of concealed weapons that the people took towards drunk driving (without the heavy-handed, intrusive invasions of our liberty foisted upon us by the state).

Just the other day, some DemocRat political candidate (in Idaho, I think) pulled out a handgun, threatened store personnel, jumped in her car and fled. Abuse is an unfortunate, but unavoidable consequence of exercising civil rights.

My summary is thus:

"Freedom can be scary sometimes."

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Just beware the possibility that the idjuts will start carrying even more brazenly and knocking each other off, thinking they now "have the right".

Already starting with the articles about carrying a gun. Here is one from an AP reporter regarding the Neighborhood watch shooting in FL. http://wtop.com/?sid=2794718&nid=884 "Holding a gun may make you think others are too".

Can't say I have ever had this problem while CCW.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I just cleaned out the carb on my KLR, so I may be a little fuzzy in the head --

What are the possible outcomes of this teleconference, and when would those outcomes come into effect?

Thanks in advance.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Up to the Judge...we'll all be the wiser not too long after the telecon (could be hours, days etc)

I just cleaned out the carb on my KLR, so I may be a little fuzzy in the head --

What are the possible outcomes of this teleconference, and when would those outcomes come into effect?

Thanks in advance.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Already starting with the articles about carrying a gun. Here is one from an AP reporter regarding the Neighborhood watch shooting in FL. http://wtop.com/?sid=2794718&nid=884 "Holding a gun may make you think others are too".

"watch captain" :tdown: :rolleyes:

FPS has a thread about it here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=78872

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    My summary is thus:

"Freedom can be scary sometimes."

Agreed. But whether you are talking 2A or national politics, we have to be concerned about the court of public opinion, too. The answer is to move slowly, deliberately and inexorably towards our goal.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

The main thrust of the article is about a study how people CWW perceive objects that others are holding. They briefly mention the FL incident.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Agreed. But whether you are talking 2A or national politics, we have to be concerned about the court of public opinion, too. The answer is to move slowly, deliberately and inexorably towards our goal.

Agreed. public relations is very important. We all need to be very aware of this responsibility.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I see the Judge showing extreme mercy in this case, in that he is calling for a teleconference. He either doesn't want to see a grown man cry, or he wants to fully restrain himself by keeping the AG farther than arms length.

But really, you're the AG, what do you say? He'd be better off just delivering his head upon the proverbial silver platter, taking his butt whooping, and hoping more people are watching the NCAA Basketball playoffs.
    You can mute a teleconference when you're laughing hysterically, much harder to do in open court.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

As long as the idjuts maintain just enough discipline to only hit each other, I can't really see the problem.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... I think it is highly likely that carrying a firearm will cause a number of problems. ... Abuse is an unfortunate, but unavoidable consequence of exercising civil rights.

There are bound to be some bad incidents, and however few or minor, they will be hysterically sensationalized by the press.

Still, I don't see why Baltimore's experience should be much different from Detroit's.

http://www.freep.com/article/201107...re-gun-shy?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Good article.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom