• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    krucam and esqappellate,

Thanks for the updates and insight, I hope neither one of you mind, but I have been pilfering your input and copying it over as needed to a thread on MDpreparedness.com for those members over there, that are not members here.

BTW, esqappellate, if we ever meet in person, I will ask if you are wearing a tie...:lol2:

That's a hoot!! Pilfer away. As to ties, I have some very fine $200 ones that I wear to court. I otherwise hate the damn things. :D

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Wikipedia, but easier to find than any real source:
    Gun homicides per 100k population:
    #1 LA: 10.13 (New Orleans must be an even bigger dump than I thought...)
    #2 MD: 6.95
    #16 PA: 3.72
    #17 NC: 3.71
    #18 VA: 3.63
    #37 DE: 1.32

Good luck convincing Judge Legg that MD's policies are a unique and beautiful flower not deserving a gallon of Agent Orange, when every other state in the circuit has 50% the gun violence rate. :lol2:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    It sounds to me as though he has already answered, in his mind, the 4 part test, and he is going to give the AG ONE bite at the apple to change his mind, just out of professional courtesy. The way his questions are phrased, however, good luck with that. :D

Pretty much. The questions put the state to the Test. Really in a box. Very nicely done. This judge is very smart!

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    maybe with regards to the msp stating they will have further info from the powers that be on friday they think they will know how the judge is leaning thursday afternoon. and will carry forward appropriately.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I'm getting the feeling its more to be like "Dear Gansler, Stop whining about how this will hurt you"

To me, it's more like "Put up or shut up." It's possible that the sky could fall. But it's not the judge's job to succumb to whim. If the streets will run with blood if there's no stay, it should be possible to demonstrate that with evidence, not just hyperbole. The judge is hinting that he will ask AG why the people of Maryland are so much less responsible that those of Virginia and Pennsylvania. If the sky will fall, why hasn't it fallen to our north, west and south?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    There's nothing to stop Legg from ruling on Friday.

True. He could rule from the bench and explain his ruling then and there. Unusual but hardly unheard of. He may still issue a written order on the motions, just to keep it tidy. This is really interesting just in the abstract.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    To me, it's more like "Put up or shut up." It's possible that the sky could fall. But it's not the judge's job to succumb to whim. If the streets will run with blood if there's no stay, it should be possible to demonstrate that with evidence, not just hyperbole. The judge is hinting that he will ask AG why the people of Maryland are so much less responsible that those of Virginia and Pennsylvania. If the sky will fall, why hasn't it fallen to our north, west and south?

I agree with this take. " Put up " is exactly what Judge Legg is saying

Mr H

Banana'd

Just beware the possibility that the idjuts will start carrying even more brazenly and knocking each other off, thinking they now "have the right".

Not saying it will happen... but sure not saying it won't.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Is there any way possible this new development is the result of discussions between the three parties (judge/plaintiff/defense)?

I only ask since MSP has told several permit applicants that a decision to move forward would be forthcoming on Friday (Latest was today when I got a call from MSP stating my interview would be postponed pending the state's decision on Friday...I wanted to ask what he was talking about but didn't.....)

We will likely never know

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Pretty much. The questions put the state to the Test. Really in a box. Very nicely done. This judge is very smart!

I see the Judge showing extreme mercy in this case, in that he is calling for a teleconference. He either doesn't want to see a grown man cry, or he wants to fully restrain himself by keeping the AG farther than arms length.

But really, you're the AG, what do you say? He'd be better off just delivering his head upon the proverbial silver platter, taking his butt whooping, and hoping more people are watching the NCAA Basketball playoffs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom