• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    The video says they're going to offer it in 380, 357 sig, 40, 45, and shotgun slugs.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    G2 Research, INC

3 hours ago

The 9mm is the only round in production. The 380,40 and 45 will be available in roughly 4 months and will be sold under the DRT ammo line.

We will also answer questions on Facebook under G2 Research about the 9mm.
    It retails for $ 44.00 per 20 rounds.

We are at this time out of 9mm.
    You may be able to purchase the round at http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/ in TX, or http://www.ammozone.com/ in AR.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

-G2 G2 Research, INC

I found this when I Googled G 2 Research.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Or 357 SIG.

1400 to 1600 fps for a round weighing around 90gr. That'd level some serious hurt on something.

Overpenetration is definitely going to be a concern though.

seems to me this would be less likely to overpenetrate than ball/fmj. lots more fragments with plenty of surface area to transfer KE to the target.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I like to shoot enough of a given round for me to be able to trust it in the pistol I am carrying. The exotic stuff is always neat. However, I am not going to spend $2/bullet to run through a couple of mags for me to know I can trust it (some) and to see how it shoots in my carry gun. Since it's an odd weight it may not shoot to POA so I would want to check that also.

In the end, may be a neat collectible but not something I'm going to bet my life upon.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Neat stuff, probably costs a mint. May have to try some though. Not sure I would rely on it for feed unless I had tested a LOT of it through the same gun and barrel.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    96 grains and 16" penetration? I doubt it, unless you add up all the distances the fragments penetrated.

The only people that will buy those are the moronic zombie prepper types, because it's pointy.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Maybe I am one of those moronic prepper types...not really, but I would get a box or two for the novelty to see how it feeds and performs.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    seems to me this would be less likely to overpenetrate than ball/fmj. lots more fragments with plenty of surface area to transfer KE to the target.

Possibly, but seeing the core punch thru the ballistic gel block, does make me wonder.

At $2.20 a round, I'm not going for it.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Meh... Not sure that would stop a threat. It would eventually, but time and time again, these boutique ammos have been proven to be a complete waste of money.

To me, it looks like someone whittled away on a Barnes all-copper and then decided to shoot it.

The thing that looks fake is that they show handguns throughout, then they shot the gel block with obviously a much larger round -- possibly from a shotgun.

Shooting through cinder blocks does not impress me, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom