• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm curious what your looking for on Facebook (and I mean that in a nice way). Are you looking for more discussion topics? More news posters? Original content?

We are really open to suggestions for improvement.

almiller1963

Oct 18, 2013
    Forest Hill, Md
    This is a very interesting time for us.

I live nearby and will stop in to see MSI at the Forest Hill VFW. I'm hoping your above comment is hinting that something is coming and that we are gaining ground.

I haven't joined yet but plan to in the near future.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Considering some of our most active members have left leaning political beliefs, I'd say quite well.

My point is a simple one.

Do we have a clear and compelling majority of the votes in the state behind us? I would submit we have a minority of the votes.

Have the constitutional arguments worked thus far to prevent bad law? Not so far.

Thus we need alliances. To gather a majority that isn't present today.

Baltimore has alliances with Montgomery and PG, and thus gets the goodies despite not having a majority of the votes. Alliances are what you have to do so very often in this life if you hope to succeed.

With whom and how should they be forged? Worthy of debate and thought. In part because conservatives are not accustomed to forging alliances. Liberal Dems are. But not conservatives. Which is why we are in the sad shape we are in.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    We have only as many "votes" as we push for and convince people to cast. The wider we cast the proverbial net, and with a solid message, the better we'll be.

Right now, gun shops, clubs, ranges, and outdoor stores across the state are receiving pamphlets and flyers with the latest messaging, and information on 2A Tuesday. More are being added daily.

We have made more progress in this past year than in many of the past years combined, though not all of it obvious.

Facebook and Twitter have started seeing traffic for the coming needs.

We will have an announcement in the coming few days regarding the "alliances".

We're in pretty good shape ang moving forward every day.

What we need now is for people to join in, make noise, and start the GA session today. Without Marylanders remiding their critters we're determined to hold them accountable, all we have is a bunch of volunteers standing out in the cold.

If I didn't think you all could do this, I wouldn't be out here.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    My point is a simple one.

Do we have a clear and compelling majority of the votes in the state behind us? I would submit we have a minority of the votes.

Have the constitutional arguments worked thus far to prevent bad law? Not so far.

Thus we need alliances. To gather a majority that isn't present today.

Baltimore has alliances with Montgomery and PG, and thus gets the goodies despite not having a majority of the votes. Alliances are what you have to do so very often in this life if you hope to succeed.

With whom and how should they be forged? Worthy of debate and thought. In part because conservatives are not accustomed to forging alliances. Liberal Dems are. But not conservatives. Which is why we are in the sad shape we are in.

We are not in sad shape.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm curious what your looking for on Facebook (and I mean that in a nice way). Are you looking for more discussion topics? More news posters? Original content?

We are really open to suggestions for improvement.

I think MSI should post relevant news daily from Facebook. Run an ad for 2/4/14, over and over. MSI can share posts from other gun relevant pages.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I think MSI should post relevant news daily from Facebook. Run an ad for 2/4/14, over and over. MSI can share posts from other gun relevant pages.

I actually like that they don't post constantly. When I shared the page earlier, I made it a point to say that they won't spam up people's news feed (constantly seeing the stuff can just get obnoxious to those who aren't as passionate about this as we are, sometimes to the point where the hide the posts or just ignore them). It's a delicate balance.

BTW, I'd like to point out that the "invite friends to like this page" function was pretty successful. So far I got 9 people to 'like' MSI just from today. Everyone who has a facebook should invite as many 'friends' as they can.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We could probably post a bit more without becoming annoying. We will see what we can do.

We can also do a better job of advertising the 2nd amendment resource room, which is more daily news article reposts.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    We could probably post a bit more without becoming annoying. We will see what we can do.

We can also do a better job of advertising the 2nd amendment resource room, which is more daily news article reposts.

Sadly the NRA and NAGR are both pretty annoying with the e-mails. Everyday e-mails from them is way too much.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    We are not in sad shape.

MD conservatives not in bad shape?

Man, I must be reading different newspapers. We are bent over constantly on property rights, taxes, 2A, and everything else under the sun. The ability to stop the Dem machine once it decides to do something is pretty much nil.

The liberal Dems control both houses and the governor's mansion, and after having done that for a very long time have packed the courts. Every ballot initiative has gone the way the liberals want. They gerrymandered a western MD congressman out of his seat.

Now to quote Henry V, "we may be small, but we are fierce", but to take the next lesson from him our fierce forces must not be squandered but rather deployed with care and more strategically than one needs with the blunt force of large numbers. Sadly, conservatives more often look like the black knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail, than Henry V, who loses legs and arms but challenges the clear victor to keep fighting.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    MD conservatives not in bad shape?

Man, I must be reading different newspapers. We are bent over constantly on property rights, taxes, 2A, and everything else under the sun. The ability to stop the Dem machine once it decides to do something is pretty much nil.

The liberal Dems control both houses and the governor's mansion, and after having done that for a very long time have packed the courts. Every ballot initiative has gone the way the liberals want. They gerrymandered a western MD congressman out of his seat.

Now to quote Henry V, "we may be small, but we are fierce", but to take the next lesson from him our fierce forces must not be squandered but rather deployed with care and more strategically than one needs with the blunt force of large numbers. Sadly, conservatives more often look like the black knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail, than Henry V, who loses legs and arms but challenges the clear victor to keep fighting.

We `are not conservatives. If that's your goal you should move. If you think I am going to kill my chances to win by trying to turn MD into Texas -- sorry ..

Now win what you can here -- or leave..

If we overplay we lose-- and even if we win -- the infection will spread to other states. That can't happen. Md must always remain, in part, a cesspool - a safe haven for liberal idiocy --- there will always be crime -- it is not in the interest of the surrounding states to allow it to spread..

Thus some states must be sacrificed -- I assumed this was well understood.

MD role is to create an open air prison in order to make other areas safer. Baltimore is a good place for that since its already a failed city.

We need to tip the balance just enough to prevent the spread -- then if the Baltimorons get a clue they will come to our way of thinking If not its on them.

Our message is simple -- piss in your own drinking water not mine.

It has the advantage of being true and may even work -- but trust me when I say the best proponent of conservative values is the long term failure of liberal ones. I repeat we are not in sad shape -- we are right on schedule.

Feel free to guess if this is a satire-- I have long ago lost track and I stoped caring even before that ..

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Another response from Delegate Beitzel...

And I quote.....

"Good to see you at the Veterans Day event (in Oakland). Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner on this message, but I was out for an extended period and had more than a thousand messages when I got back. Still trying to work my way through them.

I agree that the 2013 session gun control bill, SB281, was an absolute travesty. The claim that gun control measures are to stop gun related crime is such utter nonsense when one looks at the content of the bill. There isn't one thing in this misguided law, or any others like it, that will do anything to stop the murders in Sandy Hook, Baltimore City or anywhere else. Not one thing. The only thing this bill does in infringe upon a Constitutionally guaranteed right being exercised by law abiding citizens. If they can take away our guns then they will take away our freedom.

I vigorously opposed this bill and have opposed all other gun control measures, as did nearly all rural delegates and every Republican Delegate. All of the 2nd amendment protectors need to get out in force in the next election to help elect people who agree with us to get rid of those elected officials who supported this legislation to strip us of our 2nd amendment constitutional rights. This is just one example of the abuse of power when one political party is given total control of the state.

I was proud of all of the people that came to Annapolis to oppose this legislation, but you witnessed the steam roller effect of the O'Malley administration and the General Assembly dominated by the same party that cowtails to his every wish. Those few members of the dominate party who did stand up against this bill will certainly be punished by the House and Senate leadership.

The next election of all state elected officials is coming up , the primary next May and the General Election in November 2014. All, emphasize - ALL of like minded citizens, like yourself, must get out to vote, bring others out, and make sure that those you vote for are of like mind. It doesn't end there, hold their feet to the fire, make sure they keep their promises.

I am one of those who supports freedom, we know our Maryland federal representatives support gun control, We all need to do something about it at the next election, especially in Congressional District 6 where Roscoe was defeated because the Governor gerrymandered our district to put a bunch of liberal Democrats from Montgomery County in our district!

I am working on a bill to fix a provision of the SB 281 bill that became law for the next session, but I feel it would be futile to get any traction on any legislation to repeal this legislation.

Be well, do good work and stay in touch

Delegate Beitzel"

The REPEAL of FSA 2013 (SB 281) is still a good idea. Voting those out that made it happen is a damn good idea, too!

Yeah, I know I'm preachin' to the choir, but let us steam roll them "idjuts" out of the General Assembly.

:gun1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom