• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Have written to Delegate Beitzel and Senator Edwards for Garrett County, requesting they prepare and submit legislation in the 2014 General Assembly to REPEAL SB 281. No response from either since yesterday.

Contact your reps requesting they co-sponsor such legislation.

:bullhorn:

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Appreciate the sentiment and enthusiasm, but going through the MD legislature to get this bill gone, ain't gonna happen. Our efforts are better focused else ware.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I got this email from Mark Fisher a few days ago:
    Dear Friend,

Thank you for your email concerning the Regulated Firearms Application (Form 77R) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII).

As you well know, SB 281 passed in the Senate and the House. I voted against this bill.

Once again, the Governor and the folks who control Annapolis have infringed upon your constitutional freedoms and are now posing a threat to your privacy.

Please know that I DO NOT support any of the recent gun control measures and I will continue to vote against any legislation that restricts your Second Amendment rights.

To that end, I look forward to working with you to repeal this bill.

Yours in service,

Mark

So is there a move afoot amongst the legislators to repeal it or is it too late once its in COMAR?

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    I am going to let every one of my potential representatives know I will only vote for them if they vow to repeal this law. We need to keep the pressure on state leaders. We need to demand this law get repealed! Don't stop fighting!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    You can repeal a bill anytime. It just removes or renders unenforceable the COMAR.

That said, a repeal of SB281 is impractical at this time. We need to focus on removing delegates and Senators who voted for SB281, then repeal has better odds. Right now, the same people who voted to pass it, would be voting on the repeal.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    this has some validity to it , will it work this session , very doubtful BUT we put them on notice and hopefully remind them that 14 is an election year and the 15 session it can be repealed

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Reply from Senator .....

....Edwards::

"Thank you for your email in which you ask for legislation to repeal SB281. I agree very much with your comments. I am sure legislation will be put in and I will support it. The problem is you are dealing with the same people, so to get a repeal will be very difficult. The best chance may be after the next election as you will have many new legislators to work with on these issues. Again, thank you for taking the time to write and express your views. It is much appreciated."

Senator George C. Edwards
    Legislative District One
    (301) 722-4780

:gun1:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Why not make them vote on it again.. cost is low..
    Unless we think that will cause them to try and add more anti gun activity to the calendar... after all they get paid to be there we loose pay to be there.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Forgot about this thread.

I have been told that a bill to straight-up repeal FSA13 is going to be introduced.

I have nothing I can share beyond that.

If nothing else it will be a clear pre-2014 election indication of where the critters stand. If it makes it to the committee hearing stage in the process, testifying will be one more chance to pee in Frosh's Wheaties.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    If nothing else it will be a clear pre-2014 election indication of where the critters stand. If it makes it to the committee hearing stage in the process, testifying will be one more chance to pee in Frosh's Wheaties.

You bring up a good point (and I have a vague memory of this being a topic for the coming session)...

Every bill should get a hearing. Period.

If nothing else, it will cut down on the number of "fluff" bills, and allow focus on the truly important stuff.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Reply from Delegate Bietzel......

More support of from those that think like REAL Americans .......

And I Quote Delegate Beitzel....

Thank you for the continued support. It is abundantly clear that Maryland residents, particularly those who have made firearm purchases in the last several months, are outraged, not only by the passage of the gun control measures, but especially by the long delays in processing the applications to purchase regulated firearms.

You can rest assured that I am totally opposed to any efforts to erode our second amendment rights. As a veteran, alternate to the Board of the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses, NRA member, past president of Garrett Woods Chapter of Whitetails Unlimited, Ruffed Grouse Society member, and member of National Turkey Federation you will not find a better friend in the Maryland Legislature in support of the 2nd amendment than the delegate from District 1A. I have been hunting most of my life, every since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Problem is there are not enough rural Maryland legislators who oppose more gun control measures to overcome those in the metropolitan areas where gun violence is most prevalent, and who want to restrict use and possession of firearms.

I vigorously opposed this bill, as did nearly all rural delegates and every Republican Delegate. You and all other fellow 2nd amendment protectors need to come out in full force in the upcoming election to help elect representatives who understand how crucial it is for citizens to retain their Constitutionally guaranteed rights. It is vitally important for continued support throughout the state to remove of those elected officials who supported this legislation to strip us of our 2nd amendment constitutional rights. This is just one example of the abuse of power when one political party is given total control of the state.

I was proud of all of the people that came to Annapolis to oppose this legislation, but you witnessed the steam roller effect of the O'Malley administration and the General Assembly dominated by the same party that goes along with his every wish, even in the face of such overwhelming opposition to its passage. Those few members of the dominate party who did stand up against this bill will certainly be punished by the House and Senate leadership.

The next election of all state elected officials is coming up, the Primary next May 2014 and the General Election in November 2014. All, with emphasis on - ALL of like-minded citizens, like yourself, must get out voting, bringing others out, and making sure that those you vote for are of like mind.

Otherwise, expect more of the same piling on of taxes and infringements of our constitutional rights. To quote Ben Franklin "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Respectfully,

Wendell R. Beitzel, Delegate
    Allegany & Garrett County

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You can repeal a bill anytime. It just removes or renders unenforceable the COMAR.

That said, a repeal of SB281 is impractical at this time. We need to focus on removing delegates and Senators who voted for SB281, then repeal has better odds. Right now, the same people who voted to pass it, would be voting on the repeal.

Exactly. A message needs to be sent via the voting booth that this BS will not be tolerated. Then, this might stand a chance. Otherwise, it is here to stay. Also, if a message is not sent via the voting booth in 2014, then the opportunity is lost barring some further egregious gun control measures.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Which is the thing We, the People, SHALL do.............

...........:

Stand up and Fight!

I know the reality of trying to repeal SB 281 is un-likely at this time. BUT! This thread has already instilled the idea for many that it is time vote into the General Assembly the type of Senators and Delegates that pay attention to their constituents and not the so-called "leadership", ( I use that term very loosely, MOM, Frosh, Gansler, etc. included )

Get ready for the next round of bills to "enhance" FSA 2013 (SB 281).

They're not done yet.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    More support of from those that think like REAL Americans .......

And I Quote Delegate Beitzel....

Thank you for the continued support. It is abundantly clear that Maryland residents, particularly those who have made firearm purchases in the last several months, are outraged, not only by the passage of the gun control measures, but especially by the long delays in processing the applications to purchase regulated firearms.

You can rest assured that I am totally opposed to any efforts to erode our second amendment rights. As a veteran, alternate to the Board of the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses, NRA member, past president of Garrett Woods Chapter of Whitetails Unlimited, Ruffed Grouse Society member, and member of National Turkey Federation you will not find a better friend in the Maryland Legislature in support of the 2nd amendment than the delegate from District 1A. I have been hunting most of my life, every since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Problem is there are not enough rural Maryland legislators who oppose more gun control measures to overcome those in the metropolitan areas where gun violence is most prevalent, and who want to restrict use and possession of firearms.

I vigorously opposed this bill, as did nearly all rural delegates and every Republican Delegate. You and all other fellow 2nd amendment protectors need to come out in full force in the upcoming election to help elect representatives who understand how crucial it is for citizens to retain their Constitutionally guaranteed rights. It is vitally important for continued support throughout the state to remove of those elected officials who supported this legislation to strip us of our 2nd amendment constitutional rights. This is just one example of the abuse of power when one political party is given total control of the state.

I was proud of all of the people that came to Annapolis to oppose this legislation, but you witnessed the steam roller effect of the O'Malley administration and the General Assembly dominated by the same party that goes along with his every wish, even in the face of such overwhelming opposition to its passage. Those few members of the dominate party who did stand up against this bill will certainly be punished by the House and Senate leadership.

The next election of all state elected officials is coming up, the Primary next May 2014 and the General Election in November 2014. All, with emphasis on - ALL of like-minded citizens, like yourself, must get out voting, bringing others out, and making sure that those you vote for are of like mind.

Otherwise, expect more of the same piling on of taxes and infringements of our constitutional rights. To quote Ben Franklin "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Respectfully,

Wendell R. Beitzel, Delegate
    Allegany & Garrett County

This is just a generated letter - I got the exact same from Beitzel before SB281 even passed. Fact of the matter most of the delegates are too busy or dont really care, to personally respond to every individual letter and email.

But as an FYI Western Maryland means nothing to the rest of the bozo legislators down state. Why do you think we pay that BS flushing tax, considering our sewage drains into the Mississippi Valley, and not the Chesapeake.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Good luck getting Democrat and Liberal social issue voting gun owners to vote for gun rights in 2014.

I say it before and I'll said it again until I'm blue in the face, until ALL gun owners become single issue (GUNS) voters, we don't stand a chance.

In Maryland, Democrat and Liberal gun owners out number Republican and Conservative gun owners.

MOM and Friends knows this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom