• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I am headed in a different direction with this.

Make a "deal deal". Sit down with the enemy. Find out what they want. Empathize and find a way to get them what they want, and help them get it in a way they can take credit for it, be a hero to their people, and win elections and donations.

Open a collaborative discussion with folks in Baltimore City. I don't know the power players personally, but guys like Frank Conaway come to mind. Learn about who he is and what he is about before the first meeting so the likelihood of an inadvertent misstep does not occur out of the gate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_M._Conaway,_Jr.

Notice his relations on the right side of the screen. You won't be speaking to one man.

He wants to see his people stop killing each other with guns. We understand guns. Look for ways he can get what he wants, in ways we get what we want. We can probably solve his problem better than he can. In helping him perhaps we can help ourselves. Small pieces of common ground can be grown into trust. Small steps can achieve bigger goals. Focus on his needs, because he won't give a rats rear end about ours.

We listened to the plight of Baltimore during the last fight. We are here to help.

What he does not want is to see his people spend their lives in jail. Go in with a mission to focus on larger sentences for use of a gun and it will be a short conversation. That piece probably doomed us in the last fight.

I did that as well in the session. I switch hit. A lot.

Problem is I do not bargain with folks I can not trust. And I do not give up what is mine to keep some of what is mine.

I will and have engaged on anti crime issues. I will not engage on gun crime issues.

I promise you will lose any grand bargain that includes the likes of frosh.. if we meet offline I will explain why.

You need to understand why I say this.

That said I intend to meet with the Baltimore city delegation this session.. I am trying get folks from that community to join me.. and others of course..

I will know more if they show on the 4th..

I have started the process but I will not bargain on their terms... only mine....

I can prove my good faith.. they have yet prove Thiers.. this too must occur before any bargaining...

BTW the link comes up dry...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Make a "deal deal". Sit down with the enemy. Find out what they want. Empathize and find a way to get them what they want, and help them get it in a way they can take credit for it, be a hero to their people, and win elections and donations.

Open a collaborative discussion with folks in Baltimore City. I don't know the power players personally, but guys like Frank Conaway come to mind. Learn about who he is and what he is about before the first meeting so the likelihood of an inadvertent misstep does not occur out of the gate.

Notice his relations on the right side of the screen. You won't be speaking to one man.

He wants to see his people stop killing each other with guns. We understand guns. Look for ways he can get what he wants, in ways we get what we want. We can probably solve his problem better than he can. In helping him perhaps we can help ourselves. Small pieces of common ground can be grown into trust. Small steps can achieve bigger goals. Focus on his needs, because he won't give a rats rear end about ours.

We listened to the plight of Baltimore during the last fight. We are here to help.

What he does not want is to see his people spend their lives in jail. Go in with a mission to focus on larger sentences for use of a gun and it will be a short conversation. That piece probably doomed us in the last fight.

Exactly. We need to get some Pro 2A folks on the "Cease Fire Council". Read MD Public Safety Articles 5-502 and 5-504. Right now it's a winner take all situation for the Governor.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    By the way, the Shore does not want to see Baltimore thugs get extended time either.

Why?

Because MD practices a "catch and release" program. They are caught in Baltimore, spend time in jail south of Princess Anne / north of Pokomoke, then released outside that gate where they go to Salisbury and other nearby towns to set up shop.

They don't even get a free bus ticket back home to Baltimore.

I think we should meet and compare notes...

I have another of like mind I would like you to meet as well.. it an informal get together which was ininiated at his suggestion but it has been very useful and I would like to extend it

Time is short and distance is long but if agreeable in principle pm me and let's see what's possible..

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013

Final thought on this, then I'm signing off to go out back and shoot some 9mm, to see if a small change in my grip will help. :)

Make a short term end game plan be getting Frank's support in forming and have MD fund a study on how illegal guns make their way into Baltimore. Where was the last legal registration before confiscation after a crime? MD is good at solving things by throwing money at it. Ask for Frank's further help in identifying one or more of his people to be paid to be a key part of the study group. If you can find a Colin Noir type who is native to Baltimore that would be a huge score, if he exists. The point being to do something that has him in the tent. He will trust the results. He will support the conclusions. The data no doubt already sits in ATF and FBI, but include involvement by the key pastors in the community, to build support for whatever comes out of it.

Over and out.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Well it would make me not want to hear a word you say..

Stop talking about liberals and start talking with them.

First let them talk more than you. Then ask questions. Takes a bout. 5min before they are questioning their own positions...

But you must listen.. you can not lecture -- no one hears a lecture..

Or just give up. Lectures do not work. Period.

OK!

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I did that as well in the session. I switch hit. A lot.

Problem is I do not bargain with folks I can not trust. And I do not give up what is mine to keep some of what is mine.

I will and have engaged on anti crime issues. I will not engage on gun crime issues.

I promise you will lose any grand bargain that includes the likes of frosh.. if we meet offline I will explain why.

You need to understand why I say this.

That said I intend to meet with the Baltimore city delegation this session.. I am trying get folks from that community to join me.. and others of course..

I will know more if they show on the 4th..

I have started the process but I will not bargain on their terms... only mine....

I can prove my good faith.. they have yet prove Thiers.. this too must occur before any bargaining...

BTW the link comes up dry...

I understand your perspective.

But understand too we are not operating from any position of strength.

Second, I quote Saul Alinsky Rules For Radicals:

* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I understand your perspective.

But understand too we are not operating from any position of strength.

Second, I quote Saul Alinsky Rules For Radicals:

* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

Yes we are.
    And I do not take lessons from the losing side.

It it exacly because we play their game that we are in this mess.

Nra finally got a clue.... now each must relearn that painful lesson..

The problems they face are the direct result of the policies they a dviacte. Until that changes there is nothing to discuss. Crime is z read herring. Gun crime even more so.

The public knows this which is why their agenda is stalled.. even after new town. We are winning. They need us to play thee game so they can advance the agenda...

I will not play

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom