• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If these ever come on the market, I'd like to personally xxxxx everyone who buys 10 of these to resell. Then I'd kick their dogs and call their sisters ugly.

Jul 1, 2012
    not to be Debbie Downer, but they will also more than likely be mix-master re-arsenals as that's what would be left in storage more than likely.
    One can hope they'll be all-original, pristine unissued pieces, but I doubt it.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If this comes off, I'm betting they will be one to a customer. At best, one per year.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I wonder what such an influx'd do to market prices?
    For the right price, I'd grab another WWII vintage '11 in a heartbeat. But I'd hate to find that the Remington Rand I paid dearly for has lost a good chunk of its value due to a large number of guns flooding the market.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I wonder what such an influx'd do to market prices?
    For the right price, I'd grab another WWII vintage '11 in a heartbeat. But I'd hate to find that the Remington Rand I paid dearly for has lost a good chunk of its value due to a large number of guns flooding the market.

In today's gun market, I don't think another 92,000 Govt 1911's would make any difference, esp considering all the internet chatter there would be. If anything, I'd expect your RR to increase in value.

mgrs

Nov 30, 2013
    not to be Debbie Downer, but they will also more than likely be mix-master re-arsenals as that's what would be left in storage more than likely.
    One can hope they'll be all-original, pristine unissued pieces, but I doubt it.

I'd still get one as long as they follow CMP's pricing model on their C&R rifles.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Any pristine, matching numbers type pistol is going to go into the CMP auctions, I really doubt you are going to find many diamond in the rough pistols. But just owning a piece of history will drive many to want to own at least one. My thought is that they will limit to 1, the number you can buy. With the maximum number of pistols being around 92k, the CMP will not allow multiple purchases until such time they see sales slump.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'd take a US arsenal mix master anytime because it is authentic US military issue...its history.

I just received my first US arsenal mix master 1911 and I bought it precisely because it is military issue with a history. It's got a lot of character - late 1918 serial number, eagle's head stamp, Augusta Arsenal stamp, high standard barrel for WWII. Every scuff, scratch, and wear mark has a story behind it that I'll never know, much like the photo of my father aiming a .45 somewhere in a Pacific jungle in 1942.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I followed a lot of the links in the news about this when it first came out and some had pictures of 1911's that LEO agencies got under the free guns and tanks program.

The pictures of the 1911's showed many with replacement commercial slides and dovetailed tactical style sights. If these depict accurately how they came from DOD I'm worried about how many still have a resemblance to GI issue......

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    This is exactly the type of situation I can get behind. A good, authentic shooter that doesn't cost 2K.

I'll be keeping me eye on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom