• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is this actually going to happen, or is it just an idea at this point? Time to go check at CMP...

It's a law that needs to be passed and signed by YOU KNOW WHO.
    Even if he signs it, he will spit out a executive order to prevent pistol transfer faster than Hillary can grab campaign dollars from millionaires

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Even if he signs it, he will spit out a executive order to prevent pistol transfer faster than Hillary can grab campaign dollars from millionaires

Sums it up nicely

Need a pro-gun POTUS to get those Korean rifles back in and work on something like this. I'd buy a s&#% load of these

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie

Depends whether it is a stand alone act or attached to a larger bill like the next defense authorization. It might be hard for Obama to veto that for a minor issue like selling some old Army pistols. And I think even he might have difficulty putting out an executive order in direct contravention of a new law. I'm not going to hold my breath but seems to be a better bet than most of the CMP rumors that get bandied around.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have been putting off getting a Garand for a while, this may just push me over the edge and order one of each. Shoot... Maybe 2 of each

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    There's a lot of discussion, but nothing definitive, on the CMP Facebook page and it's a topic on their forum pages. There's the issue of getting the bill through the Congress and signed by the President and there's the related issue of amending the CMP charter to allow the selling of handguns.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'd be all over this like a monkey on a frog. :thumbsup:

FIFY:D

In regard to the thread topic:

A message to all, don't hold your breath and get all excited about this b'cuz unless there is a MAJOR shift to the Right in the National political scene (White House, Senate, and House), those 1911-A1's will rust and crumble into ferrous dust before they ever come into this country.

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    I want the CMP to just take my money!!!

Attachments

• Money_Take_It.jpg
      Money_Take_It.jpg
      9.9 KB · Views: 740

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    92,000 pistols won't last long. I'd bet they will be sold out in less than a week. It would be nice if they sold to C&R license holders only. I can't see where they would want to deal with the whole FFL issues. Waiting for the FFL to fax their license, then matching it to the actual buyer. That would be a huge headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom