• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    US Postal is more formal, but Email is becoming more common.

I still believe that old fashion mail gets more attention.

Thanks for stepping up.

-Boxcab

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Color looks good!

Yes, I like.

Attachments

• Brochures.jpg
      Brochures.jpg
      93.6 KB · Views: 165

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Thanks for the compliments.

Now we just need to get peoples attention on August 1st and get them into interested hands.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Great Job Boxcab!

Harford County representatives have been contacted and invited! Will let you know if I hear from them on their attendance.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Happy Tuesday...

This week I am in lovely California... I am reminded why we need to keep pressure on our representitives to stop making silly gun laws and revoke those that have already been passed. :sad20: How this place has changed in the past 20 years.

When I get home I will start the second round of letters to the Gov, AG and local law enforcement reminding them of our protest August 1st. Everyone needs to keep spreading the word, we need as many people as we can fit in Annapolis pushing for our rights!

Has anyone else printed out the brochure? Pass along any lessons learned for those that may benefit from them.

Stay Safe.

-Boxcab

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I plan to get some printed up. I figure at most I would have to hand out a dozen fliers to people who ask so that is about how many I am planning on printing up.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I plan on attending. Although I just came into this tread, I would like to make some observations and recommendations. There are many people out here who would do ANYTHING to make us look bad, ANYTHING. From this I would like to point out two things:
    1. Boxcab, did you check to see if we need a permit for this. I understand that this is not a "demonstration" or "rally" in the true sense of how they are defined. But, if some anti-gun government official pushes the issue we might see some trouble. I suggest contacting the city, state our intentions and find out if we need a permit. If they say no, I'd ask for something in writing stating so, just in case they change their mind either before during or after the fact.

2. You may run into some would do anything to make us look bad. As previously pointed out, be friendly and don't dress out in your best Saturday battle rattle. Khakis and a polo shirt would look awesome with a nice dropleg holster.:D If someone tries to cause problems, walk away. We want to educate the public about CCW not turn them against it. I have seen the press make an innocent situation into whatever their agenda desires so be careful if anyone with a camera is nearby.
    See you all out there.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I plan on attending. Although I just came into this tread, I would like to make some observations and recommendations. There are many people out here who would do ANYTHING to make us look bad, ANYTHING. From this I would like to point out two things:
    1. Boxcab, did you check to see if we need a permit for this. I understand that this is not a "demonstration" or "rally" in the true sense of how they are defined. But, if some anti-gun government official pushes the issue we might see some trouble. I suggest contacting the city, state our intentions and find out if we need a permit. If they say no, I'd ask for something in writing stating so, just in case they change their mind either before during or after the fact.

2. You may run into some would do anything to make us look bad. As previously pointed out, be friendly and don't dress out in your best Saturday battle rattle. Khakis and a polo shirt would look awesome with a nice dropleg holster.:D If someone tries to cause problems, walk away. We want to educate the public about CCW not turn them against it. I have seen the press make an innocent situation into whatever their agenda desires so be careful if anyone with a camera is nearby.
    See you all out there.

Agreed - I'm willing to bet most here are pretty level headed, probably more so than any anti zealots out there. In all honesty I've only met a few serious anti gun people in my life. The few people I know who are anti gun simply won't talk about it. It's no big deal, they just don't like guns. I'm not expecting to be set upon by many libertards.

I will inform any one I speak with that nearly 40 other states, including our surrounding states have CCW laws. (well with the exception of Del.)

It's actually striking if you look at a map like this, nearly the whole country has shall issue CCW. (it might be worth printing out a few of these to hand out)

Attachments

• ccwmap.gif
      ccwmap.gif
      14.3 KB · Views: 120

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    It is even more impressive when one looks at open carry too because even in Wisconsin open carry is legal. Add in that anyone can carry in DE and we end up with the right to carry in some form in 42 states.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Good point - I didn't know Del had an open carry policy

Also, I think DE possibly should be considered shall issue anyway because I think they recognize non-resident permits from shall issue states. However I am not sure if a state resident can use a Florida non-resident permit.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Response from Delegate Mary Ann Love, District 32.

Mr. Olsen: I cannot attend this gathering on August 1, 2009 because I will be away on my family vacation. Thank you for the invitation.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Delegate Love is good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase