• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    Just another article from the LEFT that makes me glad the I will be there on 2A Tuesday! Am new here, hope to meet others with open minds!!!!

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Just another article from the LEFT that makes me glad the I will be there on 2A Tuesday! Am new here, hope to meet others with open minds!!!!

Irish, welcome and glad to hear you will be in Annapolis on #2ATuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Necessary Evil

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I have never had Rodricks or Cox reply to anything I have sent them. Thats kind of cowardly if you ask me. Then to quote a soldier who " deserted his post " , so to speak . Come on Dan, check your sources.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Irish, welcome and glad to hear you will be in Annapolis on #2ATuesday.

:thumbsup: I hope to see a lot of folks from this forum there.

Yesterday was MSI's Executive Members meeting; good turn-out and the activities chairman said they were expecting MORE people than attended last years rally (which was officially reported by the bean-counters in Annapolis as 4000~ people). The weather is looking like it will be mild (mid 40's, slight chance of scattered showers).

After attending so many events/rallys/meet-ups, etc. I think I enjoy just hanging out with like minded pro-liberty people the most of all the great things we get out of attending these events. There are only a couple major events that I use vacation time from work to attend; and the 2A Tuesday Rally is the most important.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Have you ever invited Dan Rodricks to an indoor range and give him an afternoon of safety class followed by a few hours shooting? At some point the choir needs to adjust their tactics. I'll send Rodricks an email and invite him.

Invite all you want, let me know if he accepts your invitation. Best of luck. My money says he doesn't. The reason I challenge him on HIS turf is so that at least others can see his arguments destroyed with facts, data and logic. His mind likely will not ever be changed.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How is being prepared to be self-reliant during an emergency cowardly? Does he think it's cowardly to wear seatbelts or have a fire extinguisher in your home? What a douche.

Yup, it's called being pragmatic. The true coward is the guy who brought the shotgun to the mall to kill unarmed innocents and after seeing the first LEO responders, shot himself. Would either of the victims in this situation or others have been "cowards" if they had sought to arm themselves?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I'm not sure I'd trust Danny Boy to handle any loaded guns, plus do we know if he is not a prohibited person? If he is not prohibited, then I'd still worry as he seems to have anger issues. I wonder if a couple of us gals here got together and invited him if that would cow him a bit. LOL. I have the land...( he probably thinks Cecil county is a redneck wasteland though and would refuse to go to such an outhouse county- Making a Schaefer poke there)

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Seriously, I have to say it again: inviting your liberal, gun-fearing friends to a free day at a gun range is gonna go alot further towards changing minds than debating history and facts with people who've already made up their minds. On the other hand, lowering yourself to their level and name-calling--whether merited or not--just gives them more fodder to use against you.
    this really is the truth

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The really sad part about most of that article is that it was already written in some manner and all he did was fill in the information. He had that thing written and published within hours of the incident.

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/830/article/p2p-79041802/

Dan Rodricks says we won! We didn't win. The media and liberals seem to think that we who exercise our 2A rights take pleasure in these horrible shootings. I've got news for you Dan, we don't celebrate these acts. In fact we deplore them. We want answers too. In regards to mental health, how do you determine a person is mentally ill if that person doesn't seek treatment? Do you sweep in like the Gestapo and round up people who are suspected of being mentally ill? Involuntary holding those people until an evaluation is done?
    So, Dan contacts a Hopkins trained ( read brainwashed ) man who says that if you have to go through life armed you are a coward! Taking his statement with less then a grain of salt, is this what we've come down to; name calling! Really?
    Maybe if you spend some time with and getting to know what the 2A community is about you will learn some interesting things.

Although I don't speak for the vast majority of gun owners, I believe we are highly trained, responsible citizens. We go to great lengths to ensure that we stay within the confines of laws that are written. We don't own firearms because we are cowards, we own firearms because we are brave! We face tremendous criticism from law makers, the media, and those who belief that normal citizens should not have guns. If normal citizens should not have guns, that leaves only abnormal people armed with guns. Now that thought is scary.

Imagine your utopia of unarmed normal citizens. Now imagine your utopia filled with abnormal people with guns. Can you tell me the normal unarmed citizens can all be protected from the abnormal armed people? No, they can't all be protected. Dan, would it surprise you to learn that your utopia does exist? It exists right here in Maryland right now. As I write this I am leaving my home to be out and about the streets of Baltimore. My guns are safely locked away and I am unarmed. I hope I don't run into an abnormal armed person on the street, because I am at their mercy. Oh by the way, if a normal person is described as a law abiding unarmed citizen then an abnormal person is described as an armed criminal or armed mentally ill person. Does that sound like the utopia you wanted, because that is the utopia you have.

I would argue that it takes a very responsible person to even think about owning a firearm (legally, of course - the criminals don't care). This is especially true if you conceal/carry in this state or others - given the weight put on you to BE responsible with that right, the (unfortunate) possibility of having to use said firearm, the (inevitable) legal (and emotional) battles if you do....all because you *chose* to be responsible, to be a sheepdog.

How much easier is it to walk outside your door every morning and pretend (or even believe) that nothing bad is going to happen to you that day? That evil will just look the other way?

As firearm owners, we face the cold, hard truth. There are bad people out there, and they don't fight fair. It's not an easy thing to digest, but I'll take the truth over living a fantasy any day. If that makes me a "coward" to someone like Dan, then so be it.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Receiving Ranger training does not make one an Army Ranger. I graduated from Ranger school in 1988, but I do not consider myself a Ranger. One must serve in one of the Ranger Battalions to be considered an Army Ranger in my book.

Thanks, I wondered about that. Sort of like how a Marine going to jump school is not necessarily "recon."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    He is another of the many who don't understand. The guns haven't changed, the people have.

I had a gun rack in my bedroom when I was 12 years old. My relatives had easily accessed weapons in their houses. I bought ammunition at the local gas station as a teenager.

Heck, you could by a firearm at the local grocery store in Harford County well into the 70's and early 80's.

Nobody did mall shootings. Nobody did school shootings.

So tell me, what's changed because it's not the access to firearms? Up until 1968 you could order one out of the Sears catalog and have it delivered to your house.

The Sun used to be a bad paper when it was a Baltimore paper (and the competition died). Now that it's a Chicago paper, it's unreadable.

Last edited:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    So tell me, what's changed because it's not the access to firearms?

You already stated it: people. Or, more precisely, society's acceptance of (and political rationalization for) peoples' bad behaviour, which, in my estimation, was unleashed with LBJ's "Great Society" programs of the mid-sixties.

Sadly, I'm as much to blame as anyone, because, as a life-long Democrat, I'd (previously!) championed many of the laws that replaced Leave It To Beaver's America with....well, whatever it is that we've mired in now. Tho', to be fair, I've always been a JFK-style democrat, which, in today's political climate, generally places people like me just slightly right of center.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Nobody did mall shootings. Nobody did school shootings.
    to be entirely fair, i can think of a prominent school shooting from the 1960s...

but yeah, you're absolutely right that something's changed, and it's not the firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom