• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan Rodricks has devoted his adult life to being an imitation Mike Royko. What he is is a make-believe, streetwise tough guy who in fact is a cartoon of a slavishly stereotypical liberal. He has no mind of his own - he is only a sump into which all the bad ideas of the 20th century have drained.

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    Wow what a DB !
    "Anyone who believes that they need to go about the world while armed has proven their cowardice,"
    Then call me a coward with a fighting chance not to be slaughtered by yet another mentally unstable assailant with a gun!
    "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" Wayne LaPierre 2013

Feb 28, 2013
    Have you ever invited Dan Rodricks to an indoor range and give him an afternoon of safety class followed by a few hours shooting? At some point the choir needs to adjust their tactics. I'll send Rodricks an email and invite him.

I hadn't thought of this. If he's willing to dirty his libtard hands with "assault weapons", I'd even be willing to let him shoot one of mine, just so I can watch his jaw drop to the floor when he notices that only one bullet comes come for each trigger pull.

But don't hold your breath. He doesn't want to come of his libtard fantasy world where the semi-auto version of the M-16 is more lethal than the full auto version.:sad20:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I guess Mr. Tough Guy (i.e., the article's author) drives sans seat belts and insurance, too.

Seriously, I have to say it again: inviting your liberal, gun-fearing friends to a free day at a gun range is gonna go alot further towards changing minds than debating history and facts with people who've already made up their minds. On the other hand, lowering yourself to their level and name-calling--whether merited or not--just gives them more fodder to use against you.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm sort of expecting some nutball lefty to grab on to the "single barrel shotgun" comment made during initial coverage, and 'logically' come to the conclusion that if ONE barrel can do this, then imagine how awful TWO can be!!!

smh

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    There are approx. 4 million licensed drivers in MD. The same reasoning would make each one responsible for and happy about every intentional or negligent traffic fatality.

Forget him. You can't reason with stupid people.:innocent0

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    These people have no clue. The world must have been great before guns! Unless of course you were a woman or a child. Where you could be abused at will because you were the weaker one. The world will always have bad people. You can't legislate the mentally ill. Bad people will always disobey the rules. The only thing that can stop them are good people with guns. Why do these people not go and shoot up police stations? There are always good people with guns in them. They go to the malls because good people are not allowed to have guns there. Less chance of a confrontation and higher success rate for them. Without guns you are relying on the moral standards of people and this world has shown a sever lack of morals.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I think it's helpful to understand the mindset of most gun control advocates, which is that if there actually were no guns of any kind in anyone's hands, there'd never be any gun-related deaths. And this is a valid point, which I believe must always be considered in the context of any gun-control discussion. For if you think that most on the other side are simply seeking fascist control over you, you're missing the point.
    Where the eliminate all guns argument gets into trouble is when, in an absolutely gun-free world, the dead keep piling up. What do you ban next? Knives, cars, swimming pools, fists--all of which kill more people each year than guns, especially "assault" style weapons? Of course, I'm just preaching to the choir here..

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I cancelled my subscription years ago. Whenever they'd call and try to get me to renew and I declined they'd ask why. I'd reply, "Because it is a liberal rag."
    They didn't try to refute it and just said,"Thank you," and hung up.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's simple projection I believe. They know that if attacked, they wouldn't be able to defend themselves. They project that fear upon gun owners because they choose not to be victims.

They may rant and rave about how you should just fight it out old fashioned, but they know in their minds that they couldn't fight off three guys attacking them.

It's projection and denial.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I spend so much time debating sheeple and anti gunners on facebook that I actually see an evolutionary pathway of their ideas. Whatever new hate mongering Bloomturd or Shannon Watts spews out, they pick it up and use those memes for a couple months, till the next one big one comes along. They all think they are so clever too. It happens with our side as well, but at least ours has major facts being used in the memes. I can't think of any of the "clever" anti gun meme dribbles right now, but the pro side has been running with the " most of the mass shootings have been committed by liberals", which is true, though liberals isn't the correct wording. I prefer to say "left leaning ideologies". The antis ignore any mention of this when it is used as a debate point, and go on about England or something LOL. Oh and the anti gunners seem to be experts at name calling and use of emotion. I often ask if they even know any "real gun people", still no answers. My latest "bullet point" ( ha ha ha) is bringing up the stereotype "gun nut" they use and asking why not 1 mass shooting was committed by a "redneck gun nut conservative tea partier". Again, crickets chirping...

If you want to see how stupid and ridiculous the anti gun groups and their followers are, check out the facebook page "Hypocrisy and Stupidity of Gun Control Advocates". Some of the anti gun pages they feature for picking apart are some REALLY crazy gems of STUPID. An anti gun page I haven't been banned from yet is Demand Action, so I enjoy trying to educate or just teach them something via my cynicism. Yeah, I do all this to keep my mind sharp. Been battling pre-menopausal airheadedness... ( a shame I can't use this talent to sway the idiots in the MD GA- they wouldn't listen any more than Shannon Watts or Ladd Everett would to me, plus these 2 shills are probably 2 of Froshie's bed buddies, along with Daniel Webster).

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    "Livingston, a graduate of West Point and former Army Ranger, was trained in medicine at Johns Hopkins. He has written books and spoken about many things, including suicide and grieving. I contacted him Saturday afternoon for commiseration and told him about my sense of resignation — those things that seem to be in the American blood, guns and violence as a solution. Livingston agreed we've been on the wrong track for too long."

"Anyone who believes that they need to go about the world while armed has proven their cowardice," he said. "To have such an idea sanctioned by the state is an endorsement of the fear that we are not safe with each other."

So now we have a supposed former Army Ranger publicly proclaiming that going out into the world armed is conclusive proof of one's cowardice. If that's so then members of 75th Ranger Regiment must be among the most cowardly people in the world. I can guarantee you, having been in combat, that if this embarrassment ever set foot into an area where hostile fire/imminent danger pay was authorized during his career that he was carrying a loaded M-4/M-16 or M-249 and most likely one or two M67 fragmentation grenades as well.

As a veteran and Police Officer I can say from experience that we most definitely are not safe with each other. Why? Because by my reckoning about five percent of the population here in Maryland is either persistently criminal or actively provides aid and comfort to those who are by sheltering them, laundering their money and aiding them in escaping detection and capture. Do the math and that adds up to just under 300,000 people. The state refuses to punish violent offenders, burglars and thieves harshly, has abolished capital punishment for murderer and has effectively criminalized self defense outside the home. You're damn right people should be afraid. Any sane person would be - and then they would take the steps necessary to protect themselves and their families.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Someone check to see if this guy really was an Ranger. If not, call him out publically for his stolen valor. Even if he was, he must have sustained brain damage in his "logical cortex". He is just book smart like the rest of these idiots with IQ's of 150.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Why does it seem like some of you are responding to this article with Conceal Carry comments when in reality it's our basic right and freedom to just own a firearm that this writer is attacking?

If you/we/someone is going to respond to this guy, please don't respond with comments like that. That just makes us all look like nut jobs that want to run around town packin' heat, which would have probably done nothing to stop or hinder the actions of one guy at Columbia Mall.

I would attack this guy for trying to limit or do away with our fundamental rights to own and bear arms, period.

just my 2cents.

eta: I see now you guys are responding to the Johns Hopkins comments. I didn't realize there were two 'fronts' to argue here.

Last edited:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    You can call me whatever you want. My "manhood" is not going to be shattered by Dan Rodricks calling me names. Just let MD have its civil right to carry and you won't have to worry about crimes like this happening anymore.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    From Livingston's site:

Dr. Livingston was born in Memphis, Tennessee and raised in upstate New York. He attended the U.S. Military Academy and upon graduation as an infantry officer was trained as a parachutist and an Army Ranger. He served for two years in the 82nd Airborne Division before attending medical school at Johns Hopkins from which he graduated in 1967. He interned at Walter Reed General Hospital before volunteering for Vietnam where he served as the Regimental Surgeon for the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. He was awarded the Bronze Star for valor. While in Vietnam he registered a public protest against the war and subsequently left the Army.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    From Livingston's site:Dr. Livingston was born in Memphis, Tennessee and raised in upstate New York. He attended the U.S. Military Academy and upon graduation as an infantry officer was trained as a parachutist and an Army Ranger. He served for two years in the 82nd Airborne Division before attending medical school at Johns Hopkins from which he graduated in 1967. He interned at Walter Reed General Hospital before volunteering for Vietnam where he served as the Regimental Surgeon for the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment. He was awarded the Bronze Star for valor. While in Vietnam he registered a public protest against the war and subsequently left the Army.

This tells you all you need to know about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom