• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ugggghhh, website is down but I got in anyway. Too bad no one can read this.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Brown-Ulman campaign must have hit it with a denial of service attack.

They're not that smart. I think it was just a flood of members who overloaded the site and exceeded the bandwidth limits or whatever. There were some overage charges that had to be paid as a result. Donations are being accepted.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I just purchased a cleaning rod from Liberty Tree for $24.95 shipped. That's $2 less than the price at which Liberty Tree's ebay site is selling them. I'm sure everyone who knows MNs knows where to get parts, but I just thought I'd provide the link in case someone was interested. I really like Liberty Tree and have always been pleased with their products and service. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=506&idcategory=17

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My very first Mosin was a Type 53. It had a Russian Cleaning rod with it.
    The cleaning rod is now on the Albanian Stocked M44.

I have both cleaned up and ready to shoot next week.
    I'll be keeping the Albanian Trench Art one and sell the other unless the Albanian does not shoot well.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just purchased a cleaning rod from Liberty Tree for $24.95 shipped. That's $2 less than the price at which Liberty Tree's ebay site is selling them. I'm sure everyone who knows MNs knows where to get parts, but I just thought I'd provide the link in case someone was interested. I really like Liberty Tree and have always been pleased with their products and service. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=506&idcategory=17

Wow, that's way more than I'd have expected they were. I'm good with no cleaning rod!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ok, I had Niki (that's what I'm calling the Albanian Trench Art gun). I still don't have a good pick but there's the carving of what looks like Nicoli or Nikolas on the right of the butt stock but was later scratched out some.

This one had the tall front post already so centering it with Surplus was a breeze. I had to drift the front sight left (it was hitting left) to the point that it was sticking over the left edge of the dovetail about a mm or so. For the short sight radius and first day out, I'm pleased with this group. This was my first and only 5 shot group after adjusting the front sight. I could probably bring this group tighter with reloads and/or a trigger job but I think its going to be left alone for now. This is the only M44 I've seen with Trench art posted from either here or Gunboards so I'm happy with this one. I have to try the other M44 sometime soon, but don't know when.

Pic is at AGC, 50 yards,Bench & bags standard iron sights.

Attachments

• NikiAGC1.JPG
      NikiAGC1.JPG
      42.4 KB · Views: 165
    • NikiAGC2.JPG
      NikiAGC2.JPG
      52.1 KB · Views: 157
    • NikiAGC3.JPG
      NikiAGC3.JPG
      38.9 KB · Views: 156
    • NikiAGC50.JPG
      NikiAGC50.JPG
      43.4 KB · Views: 160

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    #2 M44 had a stuck case after I took the first shot. Had to take a 91/30 cleaning rod and punch it out. Case had nasty gouges in it. I use my USB camera snake and the chamber edge had 2 nasty burrs. Used this tapered treatment on the drive extension. A little at a time until it was like butter. Sharpie on a spare shot surplus in and out to verify no more gouge. Shot it today and all good. Not only all good but better than most Mosins. It was shooting waaaay left and high. I drifted front sight way left. Once again hanging over left side about 1mm like the first one. I did not have my spotting scope so adjusted every 1/2 hr.. It's not grouping as good as the other but I'm going to snug up the stock better before I take it out again. I think the crown is nicked up also.

Anyone get theirs to the range?

Attachments

• image-767778940.jpg
      image-767778940.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 105

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I cleaned mine up real good and put 10 rounds down the pipe in the backyard. Shoots like a champ! Just a little high at the close range I was shooting (about 20 yards). Might bring this with me to shoot over Thanksgiving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom