• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Hello
    I’m am new here. I have been a diesel and hydraulics tech for 39 years. I grew up in and still live in the country.
    I am a bit apprehensive about being here. When I was young, my uncle was home invaded. I didn’t go well. I will spare details but they new whi he was from him being at gun shows. There were many who invaded all at once from many entrances. I wish not to have that issue replied to. I thank in advance for that.
    Thank you for having me.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Welcome aboard from Washington County. Cast you apprehensions aside. Good people and solid advice on almost any conceivable topic is found here.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Don't post your home address and you'll be just fine. Or... procure a couple dozen claymores and then post away.

All jokes aside welcome to the forum!

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Welcome aboard from Washington County. Cast you apprehensions aside. Good people and solid advice on almost any conceivable topic is found here.
    Thank you for the warm welcome Scout ( second I saw your name, my mechanic brain instantly went to, huh? Don’t work on many gassers but,, pretty sure the International Scout did not have a 308 cubic inch engine. Split second later, said to self,, he is referencing some .308 carbine ).
    Washington Co is nice, my sister and husband have a horse farm there, a dental office there and one in Hancock.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Welcome from PA!
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!
    FORUM RULES
    Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe
    Admin News and Announcements
    Gun Rights and Legislation
    Industry Partners
    MD Shooters Firearms Map
    Acronym list
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I did read the rules before posting anything. What the heck is a shine box and where have I run afoul of the rules?as I do not wish to.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Why do you not want to have that home invasion situation discussed?

If you're apprehensive based on what happened to your uncle, why not let it out and discuss.

You ever hear about AI? I have.
    :D
    Because I wish not to. I respectfully asked that I not be questioned about it yet you are asking. Yes, I have heard of artificial intelligence. I see no relation to it, me or my post.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thank you for the warm welcome Scout ( second I saw your name, my mechanic brain instantly went to, huh? Don’t work on many gassers but,, pretty sure the International Scout did not have a 308 cubic inch engine. Split second later, said to self,, he is referencing some .308 carbine ).
    Washington Co is nice, my sister and husband have a horse farm there, a dental office there and one in Hancock.
    :thumbsup: It's a shooter's forum. Standard measurements are primarily in caliber and grains. My BIL has a thing for the other variety of Scouts... and an old one waiting to be rebuilt in a garage on his property, IIRC.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I did read the rules before posting anything. What the heck is a shine box and where have I run afoul of the rules?as I do not wish to.
    You haven't yet. Please click on the first couple of links in Dave MP's message. Then refer to post #12 in this thread. Stick around for a while and it will all start to make sense.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    You haven't yet. Please click on the first couple of links in Dave MP's message. Then refer to post #12 in this thread. Stick around for a while and it will all start to make sense.
    Except for MD gun laws. They will never make sense.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    0777E982-1DD7-458E-A676-960ABB41A4A1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads