• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    I just got back from Grizzlys, I really shouldn't be on here late on a Friday night. Next thing you know I have a tinfoil hat thread goin in the watercooler :lol2:

Last couple of times I was in there, the beer was cold but the wings were not good. Has it gotten better or...........you were there just for drinks and hoping for a hookup :innocent0

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Last couple of times I was in there, the beer was cold but the wings were not good. Has it gotten better or...........you were there just for drinks and hoping for a hookup :innocent0

It's just the watering hole for me. All my friends go there, its close by, they know what I want and its mostly the same people every weekend. My girlfriend likes to get out and socialize, I don't like strange places full of strange drunk people where problems might happen, so it's a good comprimise.

I personally love their food. They've changed through a few cooks so I have gotten overcooked wings before, but on the whole they're not bad. They really shine with their pizza, and it's half price on Mondays (Dine in only) fyi. Go for the Porkys Nightmare!!

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Anyone headed to MG tomorrow? I am going for my first visit right around lunch. Gonna shoot a couple of new S&W 9MM I bought.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Most anything backing up to Zekiah Swamp is GTG. We don't plan to fail we fail to plan.

Every once in a great while, MDE gets a hair going and wants to punish the abusers. Restoration costs can easily bankrupt an individual. Nosy, nasty neighbors usually are big contributors to your problems. I know a fellow that's still paying out for cleanup of a stream in the Welcome area (neighbor turned him in for dumping yard waste).

"Although the waters of the Zekiah Swamp watershed do not display signs of toxic impairments due to Cu, Pb, Se, and Zn, the State reserves the right to require additional pollution controls in Zekiah Swamp if evidence suggests that these metals are contributing to downstream water quality problems."

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    So today was my first trip to MG. For those that told me what to expect, thanks. Your advice was dead on. It was a gorgeous day to be out there and it was not crowded. I showed up around 3 and watched for a little while before getting into one of the empty lanes. The RSO was good and kept it safe and orderly without being over the top. He was shooting a revolver and talking to everyone. I did notice all the "stray" holes in the cans and shack. All I can say is IDIOTS! The benches were nice and had plenty of room to place items. The lanes were wide enough but I did have to position the target really close to the side to keep the supports out of my field of fire. Overall I had a great afternoon. I plan on going every few weeks until the weather is better. I have a few friends I may bring as well. Gonna try the indoor range in Waldorf soon as well. Not real sure what it will be like though.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So today was my first trip to MG. For those that told me what to expect, thanks. Your advice was dead on. It was a gorgeous day to be out there and it was not crowded. I showed up around 3 and watched for a little while before getting into one of the empty lanes. The RSO was good and kept it safe and orderly without being over the top. He was shooting a revolver and talking to everyone. I did notice all the "stray" holes in the cans and shack. All I can say is IDIOTS! The benches were nice and had plenty of room to place items. The lanes were wide enough but I did have to position the target really close to the side to keep the supports out of my field of fire. Overall I had a great afternoon. I plan on going every few weeks until the weather is better. I have a few friends I may bring as well. Gonna try the indoor range in Waldorf soon as well. Not real sure what it will be like though.

the rso.. did he sound like yogi bear? and mostly shoot 22lr? LOL

fyi.. no official rso there. once awhile you'll see one volunteer (me being one) to watch out for others.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Don't know if he sounded like Yogi. Hard to hear much with my muffs on. He was shooting a revolver on the second lane. Had a whistle and kept things going smooth. Oh, he was a smoker as well.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Don't know if he sounded like Yogi. Hard to hear much with my muffs on. He was shooting a revolver on the second lane. Had a whistle and kept things going smooth. Oh, he was a smoker as well.

old a little on the heavy side? yes? that will be yogi. :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Haha, that was Yogi, technically Henry. :lol2:

As the weather improves, it'll get busier, but stick to the weekdays and you should have a good time. :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Last time I was there he was on 8, but normally he's also on 1.

Had to borrow my brass rod to knock out some squibs on his .357, made his personality that day all the more bubbly. :innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Last time I was there he was on 8, but normally he's also on 1.

Had to borrow my brass rod to knock out some squibs on his .357, made his personality that day all the more bubbly. :innocent0

did he ask you if you're single? haha

he's alright but quirky and hard headed mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom