• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Most anything backing up to Zekiah Swamp is GTG. We don't plan to fail we fail to plan.

Every once in a great while, MDE gets a hair going and wants to punish the abusers. Restoration costs can easily bankrupt an individual. Nosy, nasty neighbors usually are big contributors to your problems. I know a fellow that's still paying out for cleanup of a stream in the Welcome area (neighbor turned him in for dumping yard waste).

"Although the waters of the Zekiah Swamp watershed do not display signs of toxic impairments due to Cu, Pb, Se, and Zn, the State reserves the right to require additional pollution controls in Zekiah Swamp if evidence suggests that these metals are contributing to downstream water quality problems."

I am not running a comercial range. My back 5 1/2 acres are heavily wooded and my ravines deer highways. Not having neighbors directly behind me and topography that allows me to shoot into a hillside and gun/hunt friendly neighbors is nice amd endemic to the area. Hey Dave and Perrin I might have to join you guys on friday.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thankfully some fresh shooters came in with a female shooter, so he spent most of his time with her. :D

He definitely has his moments, but for the most part Yogi ain't bad, good intentions.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    My wife son and I where at the skeet range this afternoon from bout 1330 to 1430 and every thing was OK until to jack asses came up behind us and one went on each sid eof the range and shot several 12 ga rounds out of their shotguns at nothing and then alked away before I could do anything bout them shooting beside us. They didn't say anything at all.

I did hear whistling Willy down at the rifle range several time clearing the range.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    I am not running a comercial range. My back 5 1/2 acres are heavily wooded and my ravines deer highways. Not having neighbors directly behind me and topography that allows me to shoot into a hillside and gun/hunt friendly neighbors is nice amd endemic to the area. Hey Dave and Perrin I might have to join you guys on friday.

And nosy, nasty neighbors can change things. I wasn't saying you can't or shouldn't but it isn't a given that anything will last forever.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    So today was my first trip to MG. For those that told me what to expect, thanks. Your advice was dead on. It was a gorgeous day to be out there and it was not crowded. I showed up around 3 and watched for a little while before getting into one of the empty lanes. The RSO was good and kept it safe and orderly without being over the top. He was shooting a revolver and talking to everyone. I did notice all the "stray" holes in the cans and shack. All I can say is IDIOTS! The benches were nice and had plenty of room to place items. The lanes were wide enough but I did have to position the target really close to the side to keep the supports out of my field of fire. Overall I had a great afternoon. I plan on going every few weeks until the weather is better. I have a few friends I may bring as well. Gonna try the indoor range in Waldorf soon as well. Not real sure what it will be like though.

Wow, someone met Yogi for the first time and didn't want to choke him? He must have had a cold or something :lol2:
    Glad you didn't get a bad impression of him, he means well. That being said, if you bring a wife or girlfriend down to shoot a pistol, and he's down there...RUN! Otherwise you'll get to spend an hour watching him give her a GySgt Hartman style instruction on how to shoot. :lol2:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was there this afternoon with my wife we had the last two tables, she was shooting her snub nose revolver and I had my ar15 and savage rifle.

IT was a good day No wistling willy and no issues except one some guy with his family had a bad case of plumbers crack that wasnt a good sight:lol:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Keepshooting! Y U No have sling swivel bipods?!?! I'm trying to get back out this Saturday but dont feel like using my rest. Checked LaPlata Walmart, WCG Tactical, The pawnshop next door, Dicks Sporting goods, and keepshootings site. I can't find a bipod in this area to save my life! I know Freds will have plenty to choose from but i don't feel like getting shafted either...

woodoctor57

May 2, 2009
    Calvert County Maryland
    Hello everyone; I haven't been to Myrtle grove to shoot in about 12 years or so... Do you still need something to support your targets? We used to bring cardboard boxes or staple string to the posts and hang them from that. What is acceptable these days? Thanks.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome!

They now have wooden stands to hang your target from, sometimes they have clothespins with them - sometimes not, depending on how long they've been out. They have a orange mesh area on the stand's, try to keep your target in that area, that way the berm catches your rounds. (Bring Duct Tape - may come in handy.)

To the best of my knowledge, stringing between the columns is not really kosher anymore, since some people can only seem to hit the columns. :lol2:

Other than that it's pretty much common sense, rules are posted on the board at the top of the hill, on the tables, and on the shack in the middle of the line behind the tables.

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    The clothes pins for pinning the targets to the wooden stands are usually in the coffee can nailed to the shack behind the tables.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No problem.

We'll see you at the Grove, some of us practically live there.

(Still trying to find Crazy Al's camp-site. :lol2:)

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    The last time I saw Al (about an year ago, I think), he was shooting an AR type 22LR at 100 yds. He claimed to be shooting sub-MOA but when he brought his targets back, he tore them up quickly and discarded them ;) before I could get a chance to praise his good shooting skills. I haven't been able to confirm his claim but I do believe he's a good shooter, with his bubbarized gun and all. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom