• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    We went down to do some function checks today. We walked right up to a table. So who is the big guy with a beard and pony tail that likes ranting and raving about shooting one round per second? I'm assuming he is DNR?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    We went down to do some function checks today. We walked right up to a table. So who is the big guy with a beard and pony tail that likes ranting and raving about shooting one round per second? I'm assuming he is DNR?

dont know who that is.. maybe just another regular user of the range. was crazy al there? you could have asked him.. he practically lives there.. :lol2:

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD

That sounds like Dan he works or runs the Range kind of looks like Grizzly Adams

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    It wasn't Dan, I know who he is. This guy came running down the hill and started yelling and threatening to boot us out of there because we were shooting too rapidly. went on and on on how everyone was shooting up the target stands and how they were shooting at them backwards. I just kept my mouth shut and smiled a lot, his anger wasn't directed at me. He was overweight with a grayish beard and ponytail, DNR hat. One guy a few lanes down was shooting more rapidly than any one of us. The whole situation was handled poorly.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It wasn't Dan, I know who he is. This guy came running down the hill and started yelling and threatening to boot us out of there because we were shooting too rapidly. went on and on on how everyone was shooting up the target stands and how they were shooting at them backwards. I just kept my mouth shut and smiled a lot, his anger wasn't directed at me. He was overweight with a grayish beard and ponytail, DNR hat. One guy a few lanes down was shooting more rapidly than any one of us. The whole situation was handled poorly.

hmm... dont know who that is then.. maybe another guy that works at the office.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, I forget his name, but that's the guy that works with Dan, Ronny I believe is his name.

After they just got done doing a few grand in repairs, I think you can understand why they're a bit touchy right now, the rapid fire gets MG's neighbors all pissy, then they make a stink about it to the power's that be.

It happens from time to time, sometimes thing's pop up and they're handled quickly and respectfully, and other times not so much.

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    This will be my last post on this subject. We were testing a few mags only, not even using any target stands. Others were shooting more rapidly than us. When all of the tables are full and everyone is shooting how can you tell, let alone the neighbors that one is shooting to rapidly......I really miss SCSC.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md

he did the same thing to me and my buddy wednesday. came running down the ramp hollering and cursing. insisted we were rapid firing when in all actuality we were both shooting shottys at the same time so it sounded worse than it really was. instead of talking i guess he figured that acting rude and screaming was the better way to handle it. then he proceeded to curse and yell more about the target stands and people shooting them.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    he did the same thing to me and my buddy wednesday. came running down the ramp hollering and cursing. insisted we were rapid firing when in all actuality we were both shooting shottys at the same time so it sounded worse than it really was. instead of talking i guess he figured that acting rude and screaming was the better way to handle it. then he proceeded to curse and yell more about the target stands and people shooting them.

Using shotguns on the rifle range is frowned upon anyway because they DO tear up the target stands that HE probably had to make because of the Ignorance is a Civil Right morons shooting up everything there just to watch it fly apart or they like the way their bullets sound when they hit the post covers.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    Using shotguns on the rifle range is frowned upon anyway because they DO tear up the target stands that HE probably had to make because of the Ignorance is a Civil Right morons shooting up everything there just to watch it fly apart or they like the way their bullets sound when they hit the post covers.

buckshot is usually frowned upon but nowhere written as rule. we were shooting slugs anyhow. ALL ammo tears up the stands if you shoot them. if HE has such an issue then take it up WITH THE PEOPLE DOING IT. he had no issue with us shooting the shotguns. that never came up. lastly,all of this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that he acted like a complete idiot and could have handled the situation in an adult manner.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If any employee of Myrtle Grove found it necessary to curse and yell at me while on the range. My reaction would be to get their name, pack up my gear and report it to their superiors.

There is a right way to deal with people and a wrong way. Sounds like this guy needs a few lessons in people skills.

Mdeng

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    LOL, sounds like a bridge troll or in this case a range troll. Did he threaten to grind your bones up and make bread out of them. Oh wait, I think that is what a giant does.:)

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    If it's the same guy i'm thinking about, i've seen him deal with people before. he's an ass on occasion...

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    To be fair, if your spending the majority of your time rebuilding something that should last the better part of 3-4 days every other day, I'd bet it'd get to you too.

I won't defend the yelling/cursing, there are better ways of handling a situation.

The fact of the matter still remains, MG is in an area with very pissy and very vocal neighbors, who'd like nothing more than to see the range closed - permanently if they had their way.

So let's all be adults, use some common sense, keep the asshattery to a minimum, and enjoy the range while we still have it. Sound good?

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    That does sound good. But I think that everyone that uses the range is an adult,so when Joe Blow comes running down the ramp like a mental patient and talks,well let's be honest,yells at people like he's talking to a bunch of kids the reaction is what you're seeing on here. I hate to say it but he's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and not like the outcome.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've witnessed a tense situation or two where someone gets fed up with a range nazi...disagreements aren't as fun to watch when everyone is armed .

+1 - All the regulars at one point in time have witnessed one of those tense/awkward incidents, I've already stopped keeping track myself, and there's guy's here that have way more time at MG than I do.

It's just my opinion that if we police ourselves a touch more instead of just biting our lips when we notice the asshattery, maybe/hopefully it'd keep some of the less diserable types from coming back. We all from time to time may push a rule here or there, but I like to think we keep it within reason.

Maybe if we can do that, it'll keep the guys that have to maintain the range at a lower stress/annoyance level, who knows, it may improve their dispositions too. ;)

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom