• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    That does sound good. But I think that everyone that uses the range is an adult,so when Joe Blow comes running down the ramp like a mental patient and talks,well let's be honest,yells at people like he's talking to a bunch of kids the reaction is what you're seeing on here. I hate to say it but he's going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and not like the outcome.

i agree. i couldnt begin to count the number of times i have been to MG. i have never seen any range officer(or whatever he was) act like that until last week. i have heard Dan(i believe his name is) get stern with people before but he ALWAYS spoke politely and approached the situation in an adult manner.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    +1 - All the regulars at one point in time have witnessed one of those tense/awkward incidents, I've already stopped keeping track myself, and there's guy's here that have way more time at MG than I do.

It's just my opinion that if we police ourselves a touch more instead of just biting our lips when we notice the asshattery, maybe/hopefully it'd keep some of the less diserable types from coming back. We all from time to time may push a rule here or there, but I like to think we keep it within reason.

Maybe if we can do that, it'll keep the guys that have to maintain the range at a lower stress/annoyance level, who knows, it may improve their dispositions too. ;)

Just a thought.
    I agree totally about the ones that use the place on a regular basis should police the activities that could jeopardize the range but there is only so much one or two people can do on their own. I'm willing to bet the ones that are causing this discussion in the first place don't even have a range pass,I think that's where we need to start,see what happens after that is enforced. It might not cure the problem but it would thin out some of the asshats.

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    We have range passes, we took our scolding guilty or not we didn't need to be treated like red headed stepchildren. Whoever this guy is he is being paid to do his job. Lets hope he does it right before he goes off on the wrong person. Like I said before, his anger was not directed towards me but next time I won't be so nice. I hope we can end this negativity on this long going thread. Right now I'm sitting at the shop waiting to buy a S&W 5904. Sooo:D

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    We have range passes, we took our scolding guilty or not we didn't need to be treated like red headed stepchildren. Whoever this guy is he is being paid to do his job. Lets hope he does it right before he goes off on the wrong person. Like I said before, his anger was not directed towards me but next time I won't be so nice. I hope we can end this negativity on this long going thread. Right now I'm sitting at the shop waiting to buy a S&W 5904. Sooo:D

Don't take it wrong I was not pointing fingers,I'm talking in general.

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    Didn't take it the wrong way, just wanted to set it straight. By the way the Fal I took down that day functioned fine. Inch upper is way more forgiving than the metric uppers when it comes to the rear sights. I think I'll be making more appearances at the Grove since I got my son interested in wanting to build an AR. Those of you that know me know I' m not too hard to miss.

Just trying to get this thread back on track, any one else enjoying these FAL rifles as much as I am enjoying them:)

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Didn't take it the wrong way, just wanted to set it straight. By the way the Fal I took down that day functioned fine. Inch upper is way more forgiving than the metric uppers when it comes to the rear sights. I think I'll be making more appearances at the Grove since I got my son interested in wanting to build an AR. Those of you that know me know I' m not too hard to miss.

Just trying to get this thread back on track, any one else enjoying these FAL rifles as much as I am enjoying them:)

Amen brother!:thumbsup:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    With all of the bad behavior cited recently in this thread, I wanted to mention today’s Myrtle Grove trip. Nothing bad happened. There were a lot of friendly people having fun in a safe and knowledgeable manner. The tables were full, but very little wait. My wait time was just enough to prepare a target and look at what everybody else had for toys. The trap range sounded a bit chaotic, but I do not know what was going on up there.

I shot for almost two hours of trigger fun.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    got to go shooting today! was a little chilly...but not too bad...no range nazi's when i was there...shot some skeet...was thinking Crazy AL would show up but I guess he was eating breakfast and lunch...:lol2: all in all a good day!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Al didn't get down there till later in the day, after 2 I think. I was supposed to meet him down there, but car issues popped up. No fun driving with electrical issues and a crack in the front cover.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Al didn't get down there till later in the day, after 2 I think. I was supposed to meet him down there, but car issues popped up. No fun driving with electrical issues and a crack in the front cover.

does he have a profile on here? today was the first day ive been able to make it down...ive only been twice since july:sad20:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I don't see toommany issues when I go. I dont know if I am lucky or it is just that all the troulbe is still working when I am at the range.

natecade1

Nov 16, 2008
    Shady Side, MD
    I've just discovered myrtle grove but have not been yet. After going to school in western MD and shooting at big run state park, I've been dying to find a range atmosphere like that around here.

From what I've read on this forum it sounds like I'm in for a treat Saturday :-)

Just bought my first Ar last month and have yet to fire it.

I'm in southern AAco. How long do you think it will take mr to get down there?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I've just discovered myrtle grove but have not been yet. After going to school in western MD and shooting at big run state park, I've been dying to find a range atmosphere like that around here.

From what I've read on this forum it sounds like I'm in for a treat Saturday :-)

Welcome to the forum. From Southern AA County you are looking at about a 45 minute drive baring any traffic problems.

Mdeng

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

There's never any AR's at Myrtle Grove, your sure to be the bell of the ball :innocent0:rolleyes::D

Just kidding around, welcome to the forum!

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Played hookey on Friday. We had a good time shooting until 2 gentlemen;) came in with some new, high priced guns. One, obviously a first timer and one with some experience. After lecturing them for handling during a cold range, they proceeded to sweep us a few times. Time to go.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom