• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I use the mesh bag on my ar and it works ok for about 20-30 rounds anymore and I start to get jams and misfeeds. If I keep the bag empty it works well.

I also mark my reloads with a pinkish color paint that a femail friend gave me :innocent0 on and around the primers.

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I'm headed out to the grove today to test fire my new AK-74, and a few others that I've made recent mods or repairs to. As a working stiff, I've never had a chance to make it out there during the week. So I was dissapointed to see that the range doesn't open till 1:00 during the week.

Here's the question. I was thinking about taking a staple gun and picking up a roll of orange webbing. If I got there at 12:00, do you think I could: #1 get in/on the range to replace the webbing on the target stands? #2 Would I get in trouble if I got caught on the range before 1:00? (Of course I would leave my firearms cased and unloaded untill 1:00)

Any thoughts? Anyone interested in meeting me down there and lending a hand:

Edited: Oops I misread 1:00 is only on Monday. I'm off to the grove

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I'm headed out to the grove today to test fire my new AK-74, and a few others that I've made recent mods or repairs to. As a working stiff, I've never had a chance to make it out there during the week. So I was dissapointed to see that the range doesn't open till 1:00 during the week.

Here's the question. I was thinking about taking a staple gun and picking up a roll of orange webbing. If I got there at 12:00, do you think I could: #1 get in/on the range to replace the webbing on the target stands? #2 Would I get in trouble if I got caught on the range before 1:00? (Of course I would leave my firearms cased and unloaded untill 1:00)

Any thoughts? Anyone interested in meeting me down there and lending a hand?

March 1st through October 31st
    Sunday: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
    Monday: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    Tuesday through Saturday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM

November 1st through February 29th
    Sunday and Monday: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
    Tuesday through Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Exception to the Monday Hours
    If Monday is a State Holiday, the Range will open at 9:00 AM and close at the times listed above.

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I was actually surprised when I got to the grove yesterday. Most of the target stands had pretty good webing on them already. Must have been replaced recently. I did replace the webing on 2 of them that had been pretty well blasted away by shotguns.

As for my newly assembled AK. It ran like a top. 6 - 30 round mags (180 rounds), with no jams, no misfeeds, not even a single stove pipe. :gun7: I'm a happy camper. Now I need a new project. :D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    my sig p556 will toss brass across 6 tables so I maybe I will practice angling the rifle to down the left and dropping brass on the last table's shooter..

Amateurs! My CETME throws brass so hard it sticks the empties into wood partitions! I think a couple of them achieved low Earth orbit at my last 3-Gun match!

Jim

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I was actually surprised when I got to the grove yesterday. Most of the target stands had pretty good webing on them already. Must have been replaced recently. I did replace the webing on 2 of them that had been pretty well blasted away by shotguns.

As for my newly assembled AK. It ran like a top. 6 - 30 round mags (180 rounds), with no jams, no misfeeds, not even a single stove pipe. :gun7: I'm a happy camper. Now I need a new project. :D

They replace the target stands on Mondays I believe.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Good trip today. Nothing like a little rain to up the difficulty lol. Had a couple of younger guys with a 10/22 and an air rifle there. They saw me shooting my M1 Carbine and SKS with the 30rd clips and were quite impressed. My range peen felt thiiiiiiiiis big :D

Got the new scope for my 10/22 zeroed in. Lovin it. Good trip, good people, over and out :party29:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The wife and I went to the skeet range this afternoon so shoot a box and 1/2 of 12 ga. when we got there a guy was waiting for his frined to get there and he let us shoot for a while. it all worked out and I think we all had a good time.
    One of the younr guys corrected me on my shooting saying "sir you are shooting low" He was right I was shooting low but the sir part got me.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom