• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    So should I take this to Myrtle Grove, sit next to the dummy with the whistle and watch his head explode when the muzzle break blows his table clean?

brian-barrett1.jpg

FYI, this is an Israeli Barrett M82A1. Considering when it came back stateside, it probably has killed people. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So should I take this to Myrtle Grove, sit next to the dummy with the whistle and watch his head explode when the muzzle break blows his table clean?

brian-barrett1.jpg

FYI, this is an Israeli Barrett M82A1. Considering when it came back stateside, it probably has killed people. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lol2::thumbsup: go for it!!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    when you fire that thing Let me know I will be happy to pick up and remove the brass for you.

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Brandywine, Marylandistan
    Man, Brian has all the cool toys. I've seen the ammo for that monster at the store before, but not the actual rifle. Good thing, probably, because Mario would do his best to convince me that I really needed one, and that "it's only money, you can go out and make some more". Nice quote from my last visit.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

brian-barrett1.jpg

Please do. I would pay to see that. And the way he complains about peoples brass I would LOVE to see one of those .50bmg casings bounce of his melon :lol2::lol2::lol2:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I would like to know how much taht rifle is and what paper work tht one needs to buy it

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Saw one at Silverado a couple years back. Guy behind the table smiled and said it was a good varmint gun. Price tag was about 6k if I remember correctly. Not sure if it's regulated (Maryland, so it probably is, but you never know) or not, so maybe 7-10 day wait, or maybe just a quick NICS check. The problem with it is finding a place to shoot it. And paying for the ammo. .50 bmg is not the cheapest ammo out there.

Brian, open sights on that thing? You've gotta have a good scope back there in the warehouse somewhere.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV

brian-barrett1.jpg

YES! DO IT!

side note: who is that dude? i've had a few conversations with him...nice guy (for the most part) but that whistle...it has to go.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    YES! DO IT!

side note: who is that dude? i've had a few conversations with him...nice guy (for the most part) but that whistle...it has to go.

Once you get used to him, it's almost kind of nice to have someone who enjoys monitoring everyone and keeping things smooth. He's just a very overbearing pompous ass. He doesn't ask if people want pointers, he comes over to become their DI, even yelling at them for something like how they squeeze the trigger. He doesn't just ask about your firearm, he likes to touch them. He would be a great part of MG if he was more personable lol.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Once you get used to him, it's almost kind of nice to have someone who enjoys monitoring everyone and keeping things smooth. He's just a very overbearing pompous ass. He doesn't ask if people want pointers, he comes over to become their DI, even yelling at them for something like how they squeeze the trigger. He doesn't just ask about your firearm, he likes to touch them. He would be a great part of MG if he was more personable lol.

IMO, his old lady needs to put out more often...that should solve the problem...:innocent0

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    it is all good, he isnt the only one that can buy a whistle.
    I have one on the case that holds my hunting / MG permit :innocent0

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Anyone planning on heading to MG on Labor Day?

I am going to be there early, before it opens, to make sure I get a table and to beat the heat. Only bringing a few long guns with me, AR-15 I picked up from Scott's after having trigger worked on (still have not had the chance to shoot it) and maybe my Swedish Ljungman AG-42B

Last edited:

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    You drive all the way to MG from Odenton? Did they close the rifle range on Fort Meade, or stop letting non-base personnel use it?

somddude

Has a big Member
    Mar 14, 2010
    Anyone planning on heading to MG on Labor Day?

I am going to be there early, before it opens, to make sure I get a table and to beat the heat. Only bringing a few long guns with me, AR-15 I picked up from Scott's after having trigger worked on (still have not had the chance to shoot it) and maybe my Swedish Ljungman AG-42B

I wish I could, just learned yesterday that I need to be at work at 0700. Thanks for the recommendation for the trigger job, Scott's has mine right now, should be ready any day now. Have fun shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom