• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Many report how unsafe the Grove is, but I cannot recall any accidents ever taking place. I have caught people handling firearms with the range called cold, and some idiotic replys but no accidents.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I haven't witnessed accidents resulting in notable injuries - worst case I've seen is 'Garand Thumb'.

However I have been down there when a bloody baseball hat was found in the trash can, and a few drops of blood on the concrete pad - Table 3/4 area.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    It's been pretty safe the few times I've visited, but they're all Friday mornings. BradMacc, was that you joking about everyone being government workers two weeks ago?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's been pretty safe the few times I've visited, but they're all Friday mornings. BradMacc, was that you joking about everyone being government workers two weeks ago?

Possibly.

If you saw a bolt rifle on the table I was on, then it was probably me.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I haven't witnessed accidents resulting in notable injuries - worst case I've seen is 'Garand Thumb'.

However I have been down there when a bloody baseball hat was found in the trash can, and a few drops of blood on the concrete pad - Table 3/4 area.

:shocking:must not have been too bad or it would have made the news there. Still would be interesting to know what happened. Different story but I thought someone said a guy was down there trying to quick draw, slipped on some brass and shot himself in the leg/thigh:sad20:...this was a few years ago now.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :shocking:must not have been too bad or it would have made the news there. Still would be interesting to know what happened. Different story but I thought someone said a guy was down there trying to quick draw, slipped on some brass and shot himself in the leg/thigh:sad20:...this was a few years ago now.

It didn't look to be too bad by what me and Dan saw, but it's still an attention getter.

I've heard some stories, but I couldn't say how true they were.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Myrtle Grove. Getting flagged and muzzled is an art form:
    Haven't seen so many flags since the U.N. building tour...
    MG has more muzzling than the Preakness...

As heard at MG:
    -"Those ain't baffles, thems, there is targets!"
    -"You don't need targets for the stands, they do just fine by themselves!"
    -"How many rounds of AP do you think it'll take me to shoot through the baffle support?"
    -"Whaddaya mean I can't shoot buckshot at the stands?! Oh yeah, that's what the shack is for...silly me."
    -"Of course I can go change my target during live fire, I'll walk in my lane. Do you think I'm stupid?"
    -"...half a cat."
    -"...RAPE WHISTLE!!!"

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Myrtle Grove. Getting flagged and muzzled is an art form:
    Haven't seen so many flags since the U.N. building tour...
    MG has more muzzling than the Preakness...

As heard at MG:
    -"Those ain't baffles, thems, there is targets!"
    -"You don't need targets for the stands, they do just fine by themselves!"
    -"How many rounds of AP do you think it'll take me to shoot through the baffle support?"
    -"Whaddaya mean I can't shoot buckshot at the stands?! Oh yeah, that's what the shack is for...silly me."
    -"Of course I can go change my target during live fire, I'll walk in my lane. Do you think I'm stupid?"
    -"...half a cat."
    -"...RAPE WHISTLE!!!"

:lol: :lol2:

You forgot one - "I don't know how the hell you managed to do that...", when you tried helping me with that 60gr Vmax handload a while back.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    :lol: :lol2:

You forgot one - "I don't know how the hell you managed to do that...", when you tried helping me with that 60gr Vmax handload a while back.

lol. Sounds like you've been doing pretty good since the last time I saw you. :thumbsup: I may have to don a plate carrier and pay the Grove a visit soon. My life is getting boring. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    lol. Sounds like you've been doing pretty good since the last time I saw you. :thumbsup: I may have to don a plate carrier and pay the Grove a visit soon. My life is getting boring. :D

The Grove is always good for a bit of excitement, probably why I keep going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom