• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Myrtle Grove was crazy busy today, turned around and left, but I did need to shoot my pistol as I installed a new barrel bushing in my 1911. I had to do a little fitting on it and it needed a bit of a break in so I ended up at Fred's. Expensive as hell, 2 people 2 boxes .45 2 boxes .380 for $130. Still got in and out. Wish I coulda done the grove today, woulda only cost $10. Good news, my barrel bushing came out good when I cleaned today, better news the accuracy was WAY better with the new one instead of the old broken one.

With the weather warming up, looks like the only way to get a good day at the grove will be to take a day off work.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I did the same, the lanes were full with probably 20 people in line. One of the people in line did say the range didnt open until 1:00 today and that was cause for some of the line.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I didnt know either. I have only been 3 times and never got a lane. I had a friend down in lexington park who belonged to one fo the clubs down there I used to go to. I have been to freds, only cost me $140 for my wife and I to shoot 150 rounds!

Is there any place arcoss the Nice bridge, fairly close to dahlgren or colonial beach I could go to.

I dont really expect MG to get any better with all the gun buying going on.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    sure. we just post in the thread about henry cause he reads it. and he's a dickhole. so the more we post in it, and the more he reads it, maybe one day he'll ****ing figure it out. :D

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    sure. we just post in the thread about henry cause he reads it. and he's a dickhole. so the more we post in it, and the more he reads it, maybe one day he'll ****ing figure it out. :D

I stopped going there because of that *******. I go to NRA HQ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    At the Grove today (oops, I mean 'yesterday'). Good crowd. Got there early. Line formed early & there was about an hour + wait. Everybody was pleasant & obeyed the rules. No 'gangbangers' or 'Range Nazis'. Good day. Good shoot.

Last edited:

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    Went to MG this morning. Got a bench @ 9:20. Left @ 11:20 when there were 3 other benches open. Good group. Obeyed rules, no problems with 'Cold-Hot'. Some people were 'raking up' their areas, but I was the only one policing my brass.

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Anybody planning on being there tomorrow? Thinking about heading out there if the weather holds up. Finally planning on shooting my Mosin for the first time...bought it last summer...

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The skeet range can get bad at times. It is only one range and one shooter on the line at a time

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    When I was there Sunday the shotgun range didn't seem too crowded, but there was somebody up there. If it only handles one group at a time, then I guess it was full lol. I got there at like 1:15, and the rifle ranges were full (whistle guy was there) with me being about the 5th group in line. Got a spot by like 2-215, left right at 3 when it started to rain. By the time I got to the bench, there were people all the way up the ramp waiting. Honestly though, when 8 benches are filled up, the time keeping thing does help a little to keep things moving smoothly. I can't attest to the obnoxiousness of the guy though (assuming it was "Henry"? Older skinny black guy).

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    When I was there Sunday the shotgun range didn't seem too crowded, but there was somebody up there. If it only handles one group at a time, then I guess it was full lol. I got there at like 1:15, and the rifle ranges were full (whistle guy was there) with me being about the 5th group in line. Got a spot by like 2-215, left right at 3 when it started to rain. By the time I got to the bench, there were people all the way up the ramp waiting. Honestly though, when 8 benches are filled up, the time keeping thing does help a little to keep things moving smoothly. I can't attest to the obnoxiousness of the guy though (assuming it was "Henry"? Older skinny black guy).

Henry is not what I would call skinny and he is definitely not black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom