• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    1,000 would do the trick. At the rate they move, that's 4 months of work on top of their regular apps.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Great point. If the Super himself doesn't appear at the informal review that itself may be a failure on the State's part to follow its own procedures. Big no no. Super Pollazzi may be really busy attending each and every informal appeal, plus each meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board. Don't be shy boys and girls! :innocent0

Sounds petty. Not what I want. Take what you can get to make a difference, make your point, make a difference.

Did you note the board can over rule the Superintendent. I think the Pallozzi thing has been a Red Herring from the start.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    OK
    Did you note the board can over rule the Superintendent. I think the Pallozzi thing has been a Red Herring from the start.

Wrong. Ignore what the letter says, MSP always gets it wrong, and make it up as they go. The Board can reverse the Super and grant a permit. It cannot reverse the Super and deny a permit. Read the statute. Super is virtual King of permits, and the chair of the HGRB.

Put another way, the Board has no jurisdiction over permits the Super issues, only have jurisdiction to hear appeals for denied permits.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Wrong. The Board can reverse the Super and grant a permit. It cannot reverse the Super and deny a permit. Read the statute. Super is virtual King of permits, and the chair of the HGRB.

So it would be reasonable to say the Superintendent already denied it. I guess the best course would be an appeal to the board.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So it would be reasonable to say the Superintendent already denied it. I guess the best course would be an appeal to the board.

Wrong IMO. I am pretty confident, regardless of who supposedly signed the letter, it was denied by the Superintendent's designee as permitted by the statute. IMO, best course is to appeal informally to the Super, insisting on an actual audience with the Super. Why would anyone accept a review by the designee who denied the request, when the statute contemplates review by the virtual King. Convince the King, no reversal by the HGPRB. Don't win at informal, then you have to convince the Super a second time around, and another member on the Board. I wouldn't suggest skipping the chance at an informal. JMHO.

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    From what I understand, the trooper, Sgt Knaub, processed the app and gave his findings to a supervisor who noted them and issued the disapproval based on his recommendation. The informal review would be a group of troopers, in my case I am told the Sgt. who handled my app almost always conducts his own reviews with 2 other troopers. I can supposedly request to be present and also also ask for the commander. If that does not go to my liking, I can supposedly request the HPRB for a formal appeal. The HPRB is comprised of O'Malley appointees at this point.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Wrong IMO. I am pretty confident, regardless of who supposedly signed the letter, it was denied by the Superintendent's designee as permitted by the statute. IMO, best course is to appeal informally to the Super, insisting on an actual audience with the Super, as required by the statutes and regs. Why would anyone accept a review by the designee who denied the request, when the statute contemplates review by the virtual King. Convince the King, no reversal by the HGPRB. Don't win at informal, then you have to convince the Super a second time around, and another member on the Board. I wouldn't suggest skipping the chance at an informal. JMHO.

Correct.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Wrong IMO. I am pretty confident, regardless of who supposedly signed the letter, it was denied by the Superintendent's designee as permitted by the statute. IMO, best course is to appeal informally to the Super, insisting on an actual audience with the Super, as required by the statutes and regs. Why would anyone accept a review by the designee who denied the request, when the statute contemplates review by the virtual King. Convince the King, no reversal by the HGPRB. Don't win at informal, then you have to convince the Super a second time around, and another member on the Board. I wouldn't suggest skipping the chance at an informal. JMHO.

This is what puzzles me. So you are saying you actually get a sit down with the Don? Is it just a five minute phone call? I can't contemplate the Superintendent personally fielding how many reviews?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is what puzzles me. So you are saying you actually get a sit down with the Don? Is it just a five minute phone call? I can't contemplate the Superintendent personally fielding how many reviews?

I think when they say the "superintendent", they mean his designated representatives which would be those processing the apps.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Insist on the presence of the Super at the inofrmal. If he is inclined to be 2A favorable IMO that's your best chance. Otherwise at HGPRB his vote will be watered down by an Owe appointee. JMHO. If the Super does not appear at the informal he isn't following the statute. Either way you, me, or the next guys are going to hold Pollazzi, and therefore Hogan, accountable for good or bad.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Designee okay to process apps, informal review by Super unless you let them get away with having the same bureaucrat that denied you the first time around deny you again. What the hell is the purpose of an appeal if it is before the same person. Read the statute.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Sorry guys if I sounded short in above posts. Not what I intended, but I was working from a cell phone.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That sucks ass, Tim. My condolences, I was following this really hoping you would be approved.

Sorry Montoya. That sucks. Good luck with the appeal.

Thanks. This is more than a hit to me. This is a hit to all of us. I know MD is unreasonable, but I even applied under circumstances that other permit holders have already used to apply. This goes to show you that MSP abide by NO rules at all. I am hoping to to appeal and make this an event for all of us to look back on with promise. I am not done by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom