• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I run my own business. My name is my business name. There is no requirement to have a registered business name in MD. My license has my business name as Timothy (Tim) Montoya.

If you had a car wash or some other type of company, then you would need a business name since car washes are not licensed other than the business license.

But you're a "independent contractor" hanging your hat under a brokers roof......... right? The broker sets your deal or split with hm so his rules, right????

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you have to pay Business Personal Property tax, that means your an LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, PA or CHTD - Your Articles of Incorporation should meet the MSP's needs to document your legitimate business - no "license" needed.

There are at least a dozen businesses that I can think of that require no license - even in Howard County.

Exactly. I am an S-Corp.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Exactly. I am an S-Corp.
    Which they can look up in 2 minutes flat via public records we ALL have access to.

So, the whole need to "prove" you are a business owner with financial transactions is utterly ridiculous.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Which they can look up in 2 minutes flat via public records we ALL have access to.

So, the whole need to "prove" you are a business owner with financial transactions is utterly ridiculous.

I know. I copied a whole shit ton of paperwork when it should be as easy as filling out my CR # on a space on the form....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just an update. I mailed a letter, signed by the manager of the office I work in, to MSP and the Sgt. in charge of my app. The letter, which I believe I posted here, stated that my brokerage has never had to get involved in any other MD agent's licensing process and that they take no stance on the permit (neither oppose or require). MSP received the certified letter last Friday, 5 days ahead of the deadline given to me in the email I received requesting the letter.

I will update as things progress, but I have a feeling I will be making an appeal.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Just an update. I mailed a letter, signed by the manager of the office I work in, to MSP and the Sgt. in charge of my app. The letter, which I believe I posted here, stated that my brokerage has never had to get involved in any other MD agent's licensing process and that they take no stance on the permit (neither oppose or require). MSP received the certified letter last Friday, 5 days ahead of the deadline given to me in the email I received requesting the letter.

I will update as things progress, but I have a feeling I will be making an appeal.
    Good luck sir!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No gonna work. Contrary to sometimes popular belief, they're pretty sure almost NO ONE should carry, this has been proven by their actions for over a decade now.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Tim, write a letter to Hogan about the stupid process and maybe he will tell MSP to lighten up because there is a new sheriff in town. :)

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Thanks for the update, I am very interested in how this turns out. Best of luck. I hope with the new administration things will change ...

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Tim, write a letter to Hogan about the stupid process and maybe he will tell MSP to lighten up because there is a new sheriff in town. :)
    Whenever a letter is written to the Governor about anything dealing with firearms, that letter is forwarded to the Department of State Police. A commissioned officer will respond to the letter on behalf of the Governor. Perhaps, Governor Hogan's administration will respond to these letters themselves. But historically, the governor never addresses these letters.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My letter was delivered on 3/13 to MSP headquarters. I assume(shame on me) that the Sgt. got the letter that day or no later than the 15th since it was certified. Now I await their decision.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    OFFICIALLY DISAPPROVED. :mad54:

I will be appealing, just don't know which method to take yet. I do not have the funds to hire an attorney to fight an imperfect system that is arbitrary. This just gets me all kinds of pissed off.

ccw_app_disapproval_edit.jpg

Last edited:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    OFFICIALLY DISAPPROVED. :mad54:

I will be appealing, just don't know which method to take yet. I do not have the funds to hire an attorney to fight an imperfect system that is arbitrary. This just gets me all kinds of pissed off.

NOT shocked......... it's Maryland :sad20: Maybe Hogan in the future......... who knows?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Huh, that blows, obviously no one is all that surprised though. I think they are afraid of setting a precedent with certain professions.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Does anyone know the difference of the formal and informal appeal process? It says the super reviews the informal appeal, but that the handgun permit review board reviews the formal appeal. Who actually reviews the permits for the super or does he actually review them himself? At this time, the handgun permit review board would be all of O'Malley's appointees, correct?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Did you open the letter, or have someone else look. Like Jimmy did when he got the Bar exam result.. Do they give any reason? I'm speculating no..

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Does anyone know the difference of the formal and informal appeal process? It says the super reviews the informal appeal, but that the handgun permit review board reviews the formal appeal. Who actually reviews the permits for the super or does he actually review them himself? At this time, the handgun permit review board would be all of O'Malley's appointees, correct?

Great point. If the Super himself doesn't appear at the informal review that itself may be a failure on the State's part to follow its own procedures. Big no no. Super Pollazzi may be really busy attending each and every informal appeal, plus each meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board. Don't be shy boys and girls! :innocent0

Sounds petty. Not what I want. Take what you can get to make a difference, make your point, make a difference.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    That actually would be a good idea. I think we need more civil disobedience. 20,000 members here all applying for CCW's would be a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom