• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    OK, so I have made the determination that I am going to apply for my MD CCW. I am about to make an appointment at livescan to get printed and what not over lunch. I am a business owner, but my business is incorporated in DE opposed to MD because of obvious tax reasons, but I live in MD and therefore conduct the majority of my business transactions here. I *think* that I can get through with the company based in DE but I am looking for others members thoughts on this. I make deposits, one today for 16k+ so I can prove transactions. The other thing I am going to attempt to do is also sight other reasons in order to have the restrictions lifted as much as possible. I understand that the MDSP will grant permits for "business activities" but that is such an arbitrary term and I fear that if some random LOE who is having a bad day may not view a business related activities, same as Montoya32 mentions with the carrying of my cell phone (business owned) the same was as I can. Due to my business of being a DoD contractor, my clearance/business is dependent upon me being the model citizen and therefore believe something needs to be defined more than a generic term that can be left for arresting LEO interpretation. Thoughts/advice?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    OK, so I have made the determination that I am going to apply for my MD CCW. I am about to make an appointment at livescan to get printed and what not over lunch. I am a business owner, but my business is incorporated in DE opposed to MD because of obvious tax reasons, but I live in MD and therefore conduct the majority of my business transactions here. I *think* that I can get through with the company based in DE but I am looking for others members thoughts on this. I make deposits, one today for 16k+ so I can prove transactions. The other thing I am going to attempt to do is also sight other reasons in order to have the restrictions lifted as much as possible. I understand that the MDSP will grant permits for "business activities" but that is such an arbitrary term and I fear that if some random LOE who is having a bad day may not view a business related activities, same as Montoya32 mentions with the carrying of my cell phone (business owned) the same was as I can. Due to my business of being a DoD contractor, my clearance/business is dependent upon me being the model citizen and therefore believe something needs to be defined more than a generic term that can be left for arresting LEO interpretation. Thoughts/advice?

Where your business is incorporated has no bearing on your eligibility. If you are a citizen on Md and do business in Md, then you are good. You SHOULD NOT need to provide any financial information. Your active business license or name should be all that would be required.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    From MSP;

1.Owner or employee of a business. You must submit photocopies of the Trader's, Business or Narcotics License or Articles of Incorporation to support Business ownership or as an authorized employee. You must also submit photocopies of six random deposit slips or deposits within a year for the business or a letter from the bank attesting that you have a business account. If you are an employee, you must submit a letter from your employer on the business letter head, verifying your employment and detailing the requirement or desire from the owner that you be armed.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    From MSP;

1.Owner or employee of a business. You must submit photocopies of the Trader's, Business or Narcotics License or Articles of Incorporation to support Business ownership or as an authorized employee. You must also submit photocopies of six random deposit slips or deposits within a year for the business or a letter from the bank attesting that you have a business account. If you are an employee, you must submit a letter from your employer on the business letter head, verifying your employment and detailing the requirement or desire from the owner that you be armed.

They did not require that of myself.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If one can, I'd recommend it. Others have posted they did and received their permit without fanfare.

Understand your angle, but I encourage people to go in without to see the reaction. My name is available to be used as a reference of someone who received his permit, as a business owner, with zero financial disclosure.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Understand your angle, but I encourage people to go in without to see the reaction. My name is available to be used as a reference of someone who received his permit, as a business owner, with zero financial disclosure.

And an angle we need to explore here is that a precedent has been set in that the MSP did not require those financial documents and that we need to capitalize on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom