• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lindsay's Dad

Oct 21, 2008
    Monrovia
    e-mails sent this am 2 came back undel due to full mail boxes, will try thos two again later. Sent a thank you to Del Weldon

MikeV

p.s I have had a back and forth with Sheriff Jenkins over tha last couple days. seems to be with us on this. I encouraged him to come out on the 24th. Maybe someone with authority here might want to "reach out" to him.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It seems to be a recurring theme with the emails. Perhaps they've figured out that if they don't clean them out, they don't have to respond to anything.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    A starting point, plagerize at will

Hello Mr. Vallario,

I've written several times to express my earnest support for this bill. Its fate literally and figuratively rests in your hands. Allowing it to be voted on is the right thing to do. In the past you've supported the Civil Immunity Bill; obviously, you believe in the law-abiding citizen. There are more than enough facts to be had supporting shall-issue legislation and plenty of fear-based factless emotional rhetoric against it.

Please look at some facts:

40 states are shall-issue (if you can legally buy a gun and prove proficiency you can carry it to defend yourself)

The Dept. of Justice states 2.5 million violent crimes were prevented by armed law-abiding citizens

LESS THAN 8% of those resulted in a shot fired and even fewer of those resulted in injury or death to the assailant

No state has revoked shall-issue laws once laid in place

The current may-issue discretionary policy is racist, classist, discriminatory and places more value on objects than on life

Even with the best possible scenarios, you still have to be able to call 911 to get a police officer to you in 3-5 minutes.

I would be more than happy to discuss this further through email or over the phone. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Respectfully,

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I'm on this today, even though they are all not in my district ill do it anyway, maybe they will be careless and not check...... particularly if the subject line of the email states for or against

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My opinion is that it is legitimate to contact the members of the committee regardless of district. You have a vested interest in how they vote on the bill.

Once we get to the House as a whole, it gets a little murkier...as we heard on Friday night.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Keep up the good work.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

jill.carter@house.state.md.us
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Delegate.J.Carter@house.state.md.us
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If it's gotten to the Senate, then it seems Vallario must have let it pass.

I'm going to mail written testimony, and if it makes it to the Senate, I'll go and testify. Unfortunatly, I only have three days of paid leave until June.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    With the track record that we had with it last year, I think it reasonable to think that it will progress through the house again.

We need to pressure the Senate and the Chairman heavily.

With 20 sponsors, 6 of whom are on the committee, it's pretty obvious that there is a mandate for this bill to pass.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    God I hope you are right. :thumbsup:

Got a question....the political activist tool has 6 different lists for mailings. Do I use all 6?? I'm a little confused on what I send to who.

Last edited:

Lindsay's Dad

Oct 21, 2008
    Monrovia
    Any Idea how long it takes for the "Bill Text" pdf file to become available from the GA web site? Or is this a Xerox of HB2/08?

MikeV

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Any Idea how long it takes for the "Bill Text" pdf file to become available from the GA web site? Or is this a Xerox of HB2/08?

MikeV

Same bill. The text will probably be up in a couple of days. It looks like they must dump a bunch of data as an update late every night. I think that this bill showed up after midnight last night.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Both of my delegates sponsored but I will send an Email thanking them.

Nothing wrong with that.

Just be sure to contact the rest of the folks on the committee that aren't sponsors. Without them, the bill goes nowhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom