• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig Fan

Feb 15, 2011
    PRMD
    I went Tuesday night. Since it was raining, the tubs you put your metal items in had water in it. I gave them crap about it, saying I didn't want to set my phone down in a puddle of water. The guy picked up the tub and dumped the water out, but I made him hold my phone anyway.:)

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If you have a small swiss army knife on your keychain leave it in the car...they took mine Monday night.

Did they offer to allow you to put it back in to your car? Did you get it back?

Hell, they would probably freak out if they saw my 5" blade SOG folder.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Annoying, but it didn't seem to take us any more time to get in on opening day. FYI the scanners aren't very sensitive. Steel toe boots did not set it off.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's actually wasn't that much of a hassle. I was just bustin' the guys balls. Took maybe an extra 5 seconds to get in total.

I don't mind the time, it's the intrusion that bothers me. I really don't go anywhere without my knife.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This is a MLB thing, will be at Nats also.

To have tens of thousands of patron "metal detected" with 5 sec or less delay, the sensitivities are turned down so far that anything smaller than a 4 way lug wrench probably wouldn't set one off. All deterence theater.

CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    I went last night. No crowd, No line. Walked right in <20 mins before 1st inning. Unless the game is an absolute sellout, I doubt you would notice anything different, even then it was 1000x faster than a Ravens game,

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There has to be a certain amount of mass for the detectors to sound off. 2 house keys would never set off most metal detectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom