• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Check the 2014 General Election reports for enough numbers to keep you busy for an evening.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/press_room/

This might be the droid you're looking for...

Thanks! What jumped out to me is not the turnout numbers, but the % if the pool why are neither Republican nor Democrat affiliated. MD is not as heavy Democrat as the end voting results would indicate. Also, there are many who don't get to vote in the primary elections because of being unaffiliated; we need to reach those unaffiliated voters.

As for election fraud, it sounds like at least Frederick has been identified as a problem. There is a lawsuit about that issue as well - http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/29/massive-non-citizen-voting-uncovered-in-maryland/
    I think we need to reach out and team up with that Virginia Voters Alliance group!

Last edited:

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Here's the early voting turnout by county, totals at the bottom.

http://elections.state.md.us/press_room/2014_stats/GG14_EarlyVoting_ByParty.pdf+

Edit- beat to the punch :(

Thanks for posting this.

In the rural areas, the enthusiasm favors the Rep-registered voters (ie a bigger percentage of registered Reps voted early).

However, in the key populated urban counties like Baltimore, Balt City, Montgomery, and PG, the enthusiasm favors the Dems.

It looks like the Dem get-out-the-vote machine is active and it is working for them, in the places where it counts.

Folks to state the obvious once again, this one will be close, but it totally depends on which side gets out the vote. These numbers suggest the Dems are getting it done.

So ... you MUST vote.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I don't believe in the release of any information relating to voting until the polls officially close, whether that is voter turnout or not. The release of demographic information prior to the polls closing has a potentially polarizing effect on the election (on both motivation and chilling effect sides of the coin) and, in my opinion, is electioneering on the part of the Board of Elections.

That information should be available to the representative judges in the various jurisdictions, but subject to a non-disclosure agreement until after all polls officially close on Election Day.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Does anyone know why Bob Cassilly has a "B" rating from the NRA from 2013.
    As near as I can figure that is the only reason that he is the Dist 34 AGC pick over Mary-Dulany James - a Tax and spend Democrat who is trying to move to the senate after serving as delegate last term...
    She has a decent 2A voting record Ill admit but after talking to her last year I don't trust her. I've never spoken to Cassilly but Ive just seen a pic of him in army uniform carrying an M4 which causes me to question the AGC recommendation in this race

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Folks to state the obvious once again, this one will be close, but it totally depends on which side gets out the vote. These numbers suggest the Dems are getting it done.

I don't entirely agree. While fewer Democrats voting is probably helpful for a Republican candidate in any election, we're in a state where they outnumber Republicans 2:1. Unless turnout is horrendously poor, no enthusiasm gap for the act of voting itself (which is all we have from these numbers) will get a Republican where they need to be to win. Rather, what's important in this case is how many people who have registered their party affiliation as Democrat are tired enough of the problems being created by the Democrats running this state to cross over and vote the other way.

In other words, regardless of how many people are voting, the only path to a Hogan victory is when large numbers of Democrats and independents back him. We have no guidance either way from the number that have been provided thus far, which is why I've said before that they're barely worth looking at. Trying to read anything from these is about as effective as reading bones or tea leaves. Best thing you can do is make sure you vote in this election (if you haven't already) and to help educate your friends and family on how this election impacts them personally.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Does anyone know why Bob Cassilly has a "B" rating from the NRA from 2013.
    As near as I can figure that is the only reason that he is the Dist 34 AGC pick over Mary-Dulany James - a Tax and spend Democrat who is trying to move to the senate after serving as delegate last term...
    She has a decent 2A voting record Ill admit but after talking to her last year I don't trust her. I've never spoken to Cassilly but Ive just seen a pic of him in army uniform carrying an M4 which causes me to question the AGC recommendation in this race

Notes have Mary-Dulany James down as voting against 2A-friendly amendments to SB 281 (aka Firearms safety act). See post 1

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The raw numbers of Dem vs Rep voting mean absolutely nothing.

It does not correlate to who voted for whom.

If you ASSume that all Dem votes are going to Dems, well then.....you get the picture.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    saw this on Mary dulaney etc

btw - she is a career owemalley politician that runs in harford county but lives in baltimore county

Attachments

• omalley ad.jpg
      omalley ad.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 138
    • omalley boat.jpg
      omalley boat.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 131

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Notes have Mary-Dulany James down as voting against 2A-friendly amendments to SB 281 (aka Firearms safety act). See post 1

saw this on Mary dulaney etc

btw - she is a career owemalley politician that runs in harford county but lives in baltimore county

found another one

and I don't trust her - she votes per owemalley and not to help the county

@Jay--- thats the pic of Cassilly I got in the mail too and I also said I dont trust her...so thats two of us that get the same vibe. I'd heard about her residence thing too but not seen it proven.

Still doesn't answer the question why does James have an A- and Cassilly have a B.... has anyone ever talked to Cassilly? "Endorsed by Nancy Jacobs" should be a no-brainer for this crowd.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I don't entirely agree. While fewer Democrats voting is probably helpful for a Republican candidate in any election, we're in a state where they outnumber Republicans 2:1. Unless turnout is horrendously poor, no enthusiasm gap for the act of voting itself (which is all we have from these numbers) will get a Republican where they need to be to win. Rather, what's important in this case is how many people who have registered their party affiliation as Democrat are tired enough of the problems being created by the Democrats running this state to cross over and vote the other way.

In other words, regardless of how many people are voting, the only path to a Hogan victory is when large numbers of Democrats and independents back him. We have no guidance either way from the number that have been provided thus far, which is why I've said before that they're barely worth looking at. Trying to read anything from these is about as effective as reading bones or tea leaves. Best thing you can do is make sure you vote in this election (if you haven't already) and to help educate your friends and family on how this election impacts them personally.

You have a point.

Any idea how to get a grip on the cross-over vote? I don't.

And, the counter to your point: it is widely reported the Dems withdrew ad spending focus, to concentrate attention on getting THEIR people out to vote. So when Dems turn out in bigger numbers, it is not a stretch to assume it is the loyal Dems showing up.

Either way, in 3 days we will find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom