Man Charged with" receiving a mag with 20 + capacity"...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    His wife may have told the police he received the magazine in state or the arresting office may not know the law. Either way that charge won't stick. Unless they have documented proof it's hear say. Sometimes in these situations the police trump up the charges to make sure the DB is held and gets higher bail.
    Unfortunately if the Wife said he received it in the mail or from one of his friends it's not Hearsay, Hearsay applies to third party information. In this case the Wife may have first hand information and that is admissible in Court.

In a twist that some of us may be guilty of, if the Wife is pissed and was present when her husband received the Mag from a Friend the MSP could also seek a Warrant for the arrest of the Friend.

Just speculating on what could have went down, and it struck me how easy we could step in crap just passing a Mag on to a friend. I'm not saying I've done this in the past but it struck me that if one of my friends asked me to do them a favor while at a out of State Show I may have considered it but when this crossed my mind it gave me a Oh Crap moment.

I agree this may be a case of MSP looking to increase Bail, However if there is no PC to support the Charge the Court Commissioner wont consider it anyway. Considering the Deep Crap the guy is in any way the 20 Round Max Charge was frivolous and unnecessary.

Ed

Last edited:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Looking at the case search records I see the domestic case, but no record of the assault or aforementioned magazine criminal charges. Considering the age of this I would assume a Nolle Pros if the wife invoked marital privilege and then an expungement of the charges. Any other insight on this?

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    He had a reciept?:shrug: Maybe if he did not have one they assumed he bought it in MD at the illegal "greater than 20 round magazine dealer" in Baltimore..you know, the one downtown.

When in business, that kind of stuff could be gotten at any Sunny's Surplus :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom