• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Just mailed off an order for an HRA service grade and a can of ammo. Will keep you posted

Mailed off order: 4/7/14
    Received: 4/10/14
    DBU email: 4/15/14
    E-Store: 4/18/14
    CC charged for Ammo: 4/18/14
    Ammo shipped: 4/21
    Ammo Received: 4/24
    CC charged for guns
    Gun Shipped:
    Gun Received:

Last edited:

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I mailed and ordered a M1 Garand today (CMP Special RM1SPECIALHRA). I attached all the required papers and the docs are in the order. I don't anticipate any problems with this order.

I will keep you posted on the status; the day that CMP charges my credit card, when a tracking number if any is provided and the day it finally arrives. I will also post the date of receipt and a picture.

Any guesses when it should arrive? If anyone guesses the exact day, I will send you a box of M1 ammo (MD only). Post your entry... One per member.

Mailed on - 03/29/14
    DBU Email - 04/07/14 (as of 04/21/14)
    CMP Estore - 04/17/14 (Status "Processing") as of 04/21/14
    Credit card charged on - TBP
    Tracking number issued - TBP
    Arrival date - TBP

---------------------------------------------------------
    Contest Players

May 3rd - CasualObserver
    May 5th - MacMoov
    May 7th, - Clark W. Griswold
    May 8th – Overboost44
    May 9th - Threeband
    May 13th – Cgrant726
    May 23rd – Mooseman
    May 23rd – Jonnyl
    May 28th – stu929
    May 31th – Onwrd Farm
    June 4th – Mendozaco
    June 9th – dad4
    June 10th – rswanz

Threeband, Early May does not qualify.. Need an exact date. May 3, 5, 7 & 8 are already taken.

Here is an update for the CMP Order and a list of contest players. Good Luck!
    DBU Email - 04/07/14 (as of 04/21/14)
    CMP Estore - 04/17/14 (Status "Processing") as of 04/21/14

Attachments

• CMP Order.jpg
      CMP Order.jpg
      46.1 KB · Views: 290

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    Looks like I'm running neck n neck with Mendozaco.
    Service Grade:
    Mailed 3/24
    DBU 4/3
    E Store 4/18

Actually hoping for a new stock, did not want to ask. Just the privilege of owning it will be enough history for me.

After a couple of beat up Mosins and a truly disgusting T53 I want something pretty in the safe.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Mendozaco, I'm torn. For your sake I hope your Garand comes this week. For my sake I hope it comes on May 23. Either way, I can't wait to see pictures.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Service Grade:
    Mailed 3/24
    DBU 4/3
    E Store 4/18

Actually hoping for a new stock, did not want to ask. Just the privilege of owning it will be enough history for me.

After a couple of beat up Mosins and a truly disgusting T53 I want something pretty in the safe.

Always ask. Something like a new stock is almost a 100%.

Don't you dare leave it in the safe. Once you get a CMP rifle you have to shoot a CMP match. Really, you do, it's in the fine print. If you don't we are required to send down the lady with the pink sparkly mosin to confiscate the underutilized rifle.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Don't you dare leave it in the safe. Once you get a CMP rifle you have to shoot a CMP match. Really, you do, it's in the fine print. If you don't we are required to send down the lady with the pink sparkly mosin to confiscate the underutilized rifle.

CMP Match this Sunday in Thurmont.

http://www.tcandsc.org/tcscCMPMatches.htm

The sad thing is there is a Swiss Rifle match at the same time. I'm planning on bringing both a Garand and K31 and will decide which match to shoot once I get there.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    CMP Match this Sunday in Thurmont.

http://www.tcandsc.org/tcscCMPMatches.htm

The sad thing is there is a Swiss Rifle match at the same time. I'm planning on bringing both a Garand and K31 and will decide which match to shoot once I get there.

Uh-oh. Looks like someone screwed up.

We can't have two matches on the same range at the same time.

Edit to add:

I think the date listed is wrong. I think the CMP match is actually this Saturday, April 26. They usually are on Saturdays, and the Calendar does list it on April 26.

Look at the Calendar: http://www.tcandsc.org/FilesFromOther/TCSC_Calendar/2014_TCSC_Calendar/TCSCEventsCalendar.html

I have made inquiries to straighten this out, and I'll update this when I know for sure. Right now, I think the match is Saturday.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Service Grade:
    Mailed 3/24
    DBU 4/3
    E Store 4/18

It sounds like a friendly competition. First one that post a picture wins. Regardless who post first we are both winners. Good luck.

Mooseman hope you are right.:party29:

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester

Edit to add:

I think the date listed is wrong. I think the CMP match is actually this Saturday, April 26. They usually are on Saturdays, and the Calendar does list it on April 26.

Look at the Calendar: http://www.tcandsc.org/FilesFromOther/TCSC_Calendar/2014_TCSC_Calendar/TCSCEventsCalendar.html

I have made inquiries to straighten this out, and I'll update this when I know for sure. Right now, I think the match is Saturday.

Thanks for the update. This will be my first trip to Thurmont, so I figured they had multiple ranges to cover matches on the same day. At least I know what rifle I will be shooting on Sunday. I can't make it on Saturday so I will bring my Garand for the June match.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have confirmation that the CMP match is scheduled for this Saturday, April 26.

I recommend people plan to be there no later than 8:30.

This is an excellent match for first timers. It is not a big deal super competition with Exalted High Masters shooting 99 -8x Offhand. It's just a casual bunch of guys shooting Garands and 03 Rifles.

I really need some lousy shots to come out and make me look a little less bad. I am way out of practice, and I think my eyes have gotten even worse over the winter. So don't be intimidated if you can barely hit a two foot square at 100 yards. I really need you to skew the curve.

These are shot at 100 or 200?

We shoot at 100 yards on SR-1 targets. No pits- we all just walk downrange to score the targets.

We usually shot the short course: 5 sighters, 10 rounds prone slowfire in 10 minutes, then 10 rounds prone rapid in 70 or 80 seconds, and 10 rounds offhand in ten minutes.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton

Edit to add:

I emailed Kevin about this a couple weeks ago. He said
    "I don't have the schedule in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that the 1st CMP John C. Garand Match for TY 2014 is Saturday, April 26, 2014. The following Sunday is a Swiss Rifle Event."

I'm planning on being there Saturday morning.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have confirmation that the CMP match is scheduled for this Saturday, April 26.

I recommend people plan to be there no later than 8:30.

This is an excellent match for first timers. It is not a big deal super competition with Exalted High Masters shooting 99 -8x Offhand. It's just a casual bunch of guys shooting Garands and 03 Rifles.

I really need some lousy shots to come out and make me look a little less bad. I am way out of practice, and I think my eyes have gotten even worse over the winter. So don't be intimidated if you can barely hit a two foot square at 100 yards. I really need you to skew the curve.

Rain or shine?
    Is this the website (says its on the 27th which would be Sun): http://tcandsc.org/tcscCMPMatches.htm
    Looks like we have to have a notarized document? Is there a notary there?

I've only had the CMP Garand out once since I've gotten it, but this sounds like fun. Im sure I can help your curve;) Can we stay at the range and shoot some afterwards? I've never been up there and am not a member.

Edit: Ok, I see it listed as the 26th (Sat) on the calender as mentioned in prior posts.

How long does it usually take? Typical number of competitors? Just wondering how long I need to tell the wife I'll be gone. Im a newbie of you can't tell;)

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Rain or shine?
    Is this the website (says its on the 27th which would be Sun): http://tcandsc.org/tcscCMPMatches.htm
    Looks like we have to have a notarized document? Is there a notary there?

I've only had the CMP Garand out once since I've gotten it, but this sounds like fun. Im sure I can help your curve;) Can we stay at the range and shoot some afterwards? I've never been up there and am not a member.

Im curious as well I was working on a load and havent back a chance to sight it in or shoot at all in while.

Also curious about the notary. Last one I seem to remember a member was a notary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom