• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I think he is trying to say that new people should not be dictating what they want our nation to become, because they haven't taken the time to learn much about us, except for the things on the surface. We are descendants of immigrants, yes, but of the same token, we were born here and grew up here. We grew up in the culture, society , and mentality, that is America. We don't want it changed, because one interest group wants it changed.

This is an example of how the immigrants and illegals are trying to make us conform to their wishes and wants, when they should be conforming to the way America is. Muslim immigrants want to enact and enforce Sharia Law in America, just because our laws are not harsh enough. Would you allow them to do that? A yes or no for an answer will suffice. No further explanation is needed.

I completely understand what you are writing however the issue I have is when immigrants are generalized as if they are the ones causing all the trouble. There are as many home grown fanatic law makers that impose their crap on me with unjust rain taxes and so forth.
    I may not have been born her (missed it by just 6 months) but this is my country and I will defend it from people that want to impose their beliefs on me or anyone else. They can say it and I can ignore it but the last straw is when they impose it like they did with Obama care, this is not Europe.

As far as the Islamic thing goes, they can say it, it will offend me that they said it and I will tell them where to get off.
    This is an Islamic issue not an immigrant one. My greater family started migrating to this country since the early 50s. They contributed to this country and helped build it's backbone. If anyone understands deeply the offence of illegal immigration it will be those that that went though great pains to be naturalized.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    I completely understand what you are writing however the issue I have is when immigrants are generalized as if they are the ones causing all the trouble. There are as many home grown fanatic law makers that impose their crap on me with unjust rain taxes and so forth.
    I may not have been born her (missed it by just 6 months) but this is my country and I will defend it from people that want to impose their beliefs on me or anyone else. They can say it and I can ignore it but the last straw is when they impose it like they did with Obama care, this is not Europe.

As far as the Islamic thing goes, they can say it, it will offend me that they said it and I will tell them where to get off.
    This is an Islamic issue not an immigrant one. My greater family started migrating to this country since the early 50s. They contributed to this country and helped build it's backbone. If anyone understands deeply the offence of illegal immigration it will be those that that went though great pains to be naturalized.

Great post, spoken like a smart gentlemen. Need more like you. :thumbsup:, couldn't agree more on Obama care and these taxes.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

We are cool, hoss. Let me get to a computer so I can actually type the post correctly.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Great post, spoken like a smart gentlemen. Need more like you. :thumbsup:, couldn't agree more on Obama care and these taxes.
    Well thanks.

I just got my quote and oddly I'm paying a little less last year with the same coverage. Some may look at it as a good thing but when I do the math I realize it's a fantasy because I can game the system especially when preexisting condition risk is no longer in the equation. They will have to bail out the insurance companies. Just for giggles I plugged in the subsides and it looks like who ever qualifies can get great plan for almost nothing.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    Well thanks.

I just got my quote and oddly I'm paying a little less last year with the same coverage. Some may look at it as a good thing but when I do the math I realize it's a fantasy because I can game the system especially when preexisting condition risk is no longer in the equation. They will have to bail out the insurance companies. Just for giggles I plugged in the subsides and it looks like who ever qualifies can get great plan for almost nothing.

I haven't tried to get a quote since I have insurance already but I'd imagine it has major issues. They need to go ahead and repeal it. Is there any chance it gets repeal aslong as Obama is the president? Doesn't he get to veto anything that cross his desk that he doesn't like? And if Hillary win Obama care is pretty much here to stay huh?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I haven't tried to get a quote since I have insurance already but I'd imagine it has major issues. They need to go ahead and repeal it. Is there any chance it gets repeal aslong as Obama is the president? Doesn't he get to veto anything that cross his desk that he doesn't like? And if Hillary win Obama care is pretty much here to stay huh?

I think it was designed to fail to bring in single payer when it reaches state of crisis and the Republicans will push it though as a solution except that it will be called emergency health care reform 2.0 . If they can use many of the gun ownership arguments as it relates to liability insurance I wouldn't put it pass them to do the same with those people who want to engage in risky activities like weekend motor sports and hand gliding. This is where they will get their pre-existing conditions and impose their penalties on my pursuit of happiness.
    Judge Alito let me down and so did the Republican party, you can bet they will do it again when Obama passes the dream act.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Nobody, but nobody, better ask me to assimilate and give up my genoa salami, coppa, soppressata, prosciutto, coppa, mozzarella, regiano parmigiano, kalamata olives, olive oil, linguine, etc. or there will be some hell to pay.

Look here, we are all Americans. American-Italian, American-Irish, American-Indian, American-Polish, American-Spanish, etc. Should also be American-African. America first. Plain and simple. The good thing about America is that we have the freedom to enjoy the culture from which we came, and then embrace these American sports called basketball, football, and baseball, even though they are complete nonsense. lol

Just kidding, but seriously.

The wonderful thing about America is, FREEDOM, and the ability to pursue happiness, which usually comes if you work hard and are not so greedy that you can never be happy.

Waxing philosophical once again. Time for me to get back to work so I can make the welfare recipients happy.

One of the greatest things about this American melting pot is that you can be enriched by other peoples culture or the remnants of the culture left behind. I love all of the above and I have become quiet the Espresso fanatic. Screw Starbucks, it's the PF Chang of Coffee.

Last edited:

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    I know I'm new so iit won't matter but I really enjoyed some of you guys. I apologized for anything that might have appeared tone against the freedom of speech. I absolutely love the constitution and would never want to deny any key the right to say what they want.

You guys take it easy.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I know I'm new so iit won't matter but I really enjoyed some of you guys. I apologized for anything that might have appeared tone against the freedom of speech. I absolutely love the constitution and would never want to deny any key the right to say what they want.

You guys take it easy.

Meh, I'll forgive your douchenozzleness.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    ...as is the case with every piece of real estate on this planet. I'm tired of this guilt complex as if the United States is this evil force that has uniquely positioned itself through the acquisition of land at the expense of others.

We act as if there are places in this world that exist in their pristine glory with only indigenous people within established geopolitical boundaries that were plopped there by God, aliens or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It's simply not true. Every currently occupied place on earth was acquired at the expense of someone else and I refuse to continue to feel guilty for benefitting from being fortunate enough to have been born here.

I didn't cause the Trail of Tears or participate in it. Neither did my ancestors. I never sold anyone a horse blanket.

We need to move on to the next topic that Americans are supposed to feel guilt over.

BAM!!!!

Exactly, there is no such thing as truly "indigenous people." Conquest is a part of natural history, and is not limited to humans either.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I'd like to see what would happen to me if I went over to Tehran and started protesting because Christmas and Easter don't appear on THEIR calendar.

They come from an intolerant culture. So when they come over here, they do what they know best, which is complain about everything that is out of compliance with Islam.

That's their right. It's also our right to react to it or ignore it as we see fit.

The real "wrong" is the removal of the Christian holidays by the school board, not the Muslim protest itself. When you comply out of fear of conflict, the terrorists win. :P

Norton is right...we apologize for too much. Compassion and understanding are one thing...supplication as a form of conflict resolution is another thing entirely. Some people just need to be told "no" once in a while.

Well I cant speak for the Iranians living here but I did have them as neighbors long ago when I was a child. They were very appreciative of being American and assimilating to this lifestyle. They were the first to tie a yellow ribbons in our area when the hostages came home.
    I have seen many other Iranians immigrants that just go about their daily lives and are happy to be here and don't get involved with protests. I'm sure the Iron Sheik loves it here.

Just because one or a few immigrants decides to change things why do we lump all of the immigrants into one big group think. Why cant we apply the same logic to the white man and the Native American because it's starting to become a double standard of who is responsible.

The first to make a stink about Christmas in schools wasn't the Immigrants, it was the atheists and the Jews but we dare not talk about the latter. Does that mean that all Atheist and Jews feel that way, I imagine not but just because a select few want to complain it's not fair to implicate whole groups.

Is Jessie Jackson the leader of black people or is he a leader of black people. There is a definitely distinction here. Immigrants are not the problem, the ideology of some people immigrant or not is. If we still want to blame immigrants lets first clean up our own house, there's lots of work to do.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I'd like to see what would happen to me if I went over to Tehran and started protesting because Christmas and Easter don't appear on THEIR calendar.

They come from an intolerant culture. So when they come over here, they do what they know best, which is complain about everything that is out of compliance with Islam.

That's their right. It's also our right to react to it or ignore it as we see fit.

The real "wrong" is the removal of the Christian holidays by the school board, not the Muslim protest itself. When you comply out of fear of conflict, the terrorists win. :P

Norton is right...we apologize for too much. Compassion and understanding are one thing...supplication as a form of conflict resolution is another thing entirely. Some people just need to be told "no" once in a while.

Well said!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Norton is right...we apologize for too much.

Exactly. First it is our calender, then this will be next http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511841/Children-8-racist-miss-Islam-trip-Schools-threatening-letter-parents-met-outrage.html

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

So I take it that Mrs. Small and Mrs. Edmonds are Islamic immigrants.
    I would like to know if there was an Immigrant lobby to force children to go on this field trip.

White guilt and an internal war on what white people's ideology should be by extremist measures of using someone else's culture to be provocative is what is being fought here. The problem is not immigrants.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So I take it that Mrs. Small and Mrs. Edmonds are Islamic immigrants.
    I would like to know if there was an Immigrant lobby to force children to go on this field trip.

White guilt and an internal war on what white people's ideology should be by extremist measures of using someone else's culture to be provocative is what is being fought here. The problem is not immigrants.

The problem is Liberals. They must be defeated at any cost. Immigration would not be a problem if you get rid of the Leftists.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    The problem is Liberals. They must be defeated at any cost. Immigration would not be a problem if you get rid of the Leftists.

Exactly. It is Liberals masking them self's as authoritarians and demoralizing the public.
    Immigration is still not a problem with the exception of amnesty and people who cheated the system by favors to get here. Immigration is still one of our most precious resource especially in the fields of technology and science.
    We wouldn't need immigration if the school system actually educated children and if stopped funding oppressive dictators in counties where we see lasting civil wars and refugees that seek asylum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom