• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    This guy is a moron without a point. Also, some of the comments above are disappointing. TSA screenings prior to voluntarily boarding a plane is hardly tyranny. Try to keep a shred of perspective in your fervor.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I like Kokesh. He pushes back against the increasing bull$hit we experience from our government. TSA is a joke, they don't keep us safe. Remind me how many terrorists the TSA has stopped? The only thing they seem to good at is sexually assaulting adults and children so they can get on a plane.

You may not like his methods but he does expose and spotlight the erosion of our liberties and rights. **** the TSA and **** anyone violating a citizen's rights.

The hypocrisy of criticizing his drug use is hysterical. Many drugs are outlawed for a variety of reasons OTHER than their danger to society, like cannabis. Drug laws are a lot like this states gun laws, they are based on emotion and political interests, and not on logic or facts. I don't fault or judge someone for disregarding unjust laws.

Edit: just watched the video, he asked the same question I had, how many terrorist has the TSA stopped?

He was asking random low-level TSA people how many terrorists has the TSA stopped to essentially gauge which employees can be easily riled up. The actual answer really doesn't matter, since a lot of that info is way above their pay grade.

I agree that the TSA agents and LEO's acted improperly...especially that old LEO in the middle that apparently thinks himself a king.
    I bet King George thought George Washington was a douche.

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong."

--Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    I'm calling him a douche because he personally seems like a douche to me. An example is him justifying and excusing the las vegas shooters. I agree with him on a LOT of liberty issues, but just find him to suck at life. It's possible to completely agree with someone on a lot of issues, but still think they're a dick.
    +1

While I do think Kokesh can be a little dooshey sometimes. I think he is on the right track. I think he can do it better and a bit more respectfully sometimes. He didn't have any legal obligation to show his ID as far as I could tell, yet he complied after being threatened with what I would deem as an unjust arrest. Funny the Maryland Police would not tell him what crime he was suspected of committing as is required for them to proceed with the investigation. I'm sure the officer there would have used disturbing the peace or a multitude of other generic disorderly type charges to justify it. Fact is the power mongering is steadily increasing in this state and nationally. A citizens rights to privacy is slowly eroding. Yes I realize Kokesh brought this onto himself by causing a scene at an airport checkpoint. I think it highlights the .gov agenda though.
    I agree completely with this

What was the actual point of the question? To embarass the screener? Why would a low level employee need to know such a fact? That's why his motivation is always suspect to me.

It's possible he is using a sociological tactic to essentially draw out the wolves. Authoritarian, power-hungry people do not like people that question authority and act outside of their established norms. Right off the bat, AK makes himself unlikeable by probing questions like, "How many terrorists has the TSA stopped". That question in and of itself questions the very usefulness of the person he is asking it to. If they answer, "none", it means their job is worthless and therefor, they are worthless.

People have an easier time hassling unlikeable people and enforcing all rules available to the fullest extent, maybe even making their own along the way. By being unlikeable, it's more likely he'll draw out a TSA agent that will violate his rights and violate policy...LEO's too.

Once there's film of govt agents violating his rights and abusing their power entrusted to them by the public, he has something useful to sway public opinion, or at least to try his own lawsuit to get some mandated change.

I personally just think he appears to be a dick because he is a dick and it's not a strategical thing. I could be wrong though.
    Its funny that the defenders of liberty® on this site will ignore the gross violations here because Kokesh has a history of douchbaggery elsewhere.

Oh wait, I read it again and apparently the Constitution has an exemption on rights and due process for those you don't agree with... Well excuse me.

Who's excusing the improper actions of the LEOs and TSA? They both clearly acted improperly...but AK is still a douche. A good way to summarize it is, "HEY! those TSA and LEO employees acted improperly and abusively to that douche!"

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    This guy is a moron without a point. Also, some of the comments above are disappointing. TSA screenings prior to voluntarily boarding a plane is hardly tyranny. Try to keep a shred of perspective in your fervor.

How about this for perspective. The screening is not voluntary. I have a spotless record and was born here in Maryland. Some minimum wager rubbing my dick in the name of national security doesn't make you safer. I am NOT a threat to anyone. Nor, are my children, nor are the countless other people who are hassled, inconvenienced, and violated with NO evidence or cause. 4th Amendment anyone?

If we are going to screen people screen, foreigners and people with criminal records. Leave grandmas, kids, and red blooded Americans out.

How many American born people with clean records have hijacked or blown up airplanes in the USA? ZERO

All of this ******** is over 19 guys for Saudi Arabia (not Iraq, not Afghanistan), of which the government (FBI/CIA) knew about them (reports of the run through, and reports from flight school), and chose to do NOTHING.

I guess you are a better sheep than I am.;)

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    How about this for perspective. The screening is not voluntary. I have a spotless record and was born here in Maryland. Some minimum wager rubbing my dick in the name of national security doesn't make you safer. I am NOT a threat to anyone. Nor, are my children, nor are the countless other people who are hassled, inconvenienced, and violated with NO evidence or cause. 4th Amendment anyone?

If we are going to screen people screen, foreigners and people with criminal records. Leave grandmas, kids, and red blooded Americans out.

How many American born people with clean records have hijacked or blown up airplanes in the USA? ZERO

All of this ******** is over 19 guys for Saudi Arabia (not Iraq, not Afghanistan), of which the government (FBI/CIA) knew about them (reports of the run through, and reports from flight school), and chose to do NOTHING.

With necessary respect, you failed to make a single valid point.

The screening, is in fact, voluntary. If you don't like it you don't have to fly. Since you like bringing up the Constitution. I will preemptively remind you that you don't have a constitutional right to air travel. It's a privilege, not a right.

With regard to your point about grandmas, kids, foreigners, and "red blooded American," you must know that the types listed above do shitty things all the time at their own discretion and under duress. This county has a long history of domestic terrorism and, as of late, a number of American traitors who have joined the enemy. Anyone can be a perpetrator or an unwilling vessel.

While your self-interested approach is appealing to you and anyone with your endorsement, it would cripple the American economy at the first sign of trouble.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The screening, is in fact, voluntary. If you don't like it you don't have to fly. Since you like bringing up the Constitution. I will preemptively remind you that you don't have a constitutional right to air travel. It's a privilege, not a right.

Yes, travel is a right.

It is in the Privileges and immunities clause of the Constitution Article IV, Section 2, Clause 1

"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

and Amendment 14, Section 1, Clause 2.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    Yes, travel is a right.

It is in the Privileges and immunities clause of the Constitution Article IV, Section 2, Clause 1

"The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

and Amendment 14, Section 1, Clause 2.
    There is no constitutional right to commercial air travel. There is a statutory right to the use of domestic air space. That has little to do with security measures intended to protect commercial airlines in general. If you end up on a no-fly-list, then you would have a right to appeal or sue under that statute. With that said, it does grant any individual immunity against general security measures.

What you may be referring to is the constitutional right to the freedom of movement. That is not at issue here.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    There is no constitutional right to commercial air travel. There is a statutory right to the use of domestic air space. That has little to do with security measures intended to protect commercial airlines in general. If you end up on a no-fly-list, then you would have a right to appeal or sue under that statute. With that said, it does grant any individual immunity against general security measures.

What you may be referring to is the constitutional right to the freedom of movement. That is not at issue here.

What right do you have to go to a shopping mall, to the grocery store, or to really leave your property in any way? Are you suggesting it would be completely fine for airline-style TSA security to be at every public space?

If not a constitutional issue, it absolutely seems like an issue people should be fighting against so that policy decisions can be reversed. I sure as hell don't want to be sniffed, scanned, and groped to just go about my daily activities.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    What right do you have to go to a shopping mall, to the grocery store, or to really leave your property in any way? Are you suggesting it would be completely fine for airline-style TSA security to be at every public space?

If not a constitutional issue, it absolutely seems like an issue people should be fighting against so that policy decisions can be reversed. I sure as hell don't want to be sniffed, scanned, and groped to just go about my daily activities.

it's slowly/sadly shifting that direction my friend;

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Harassing tsa employees for the agencies policies is like shitting in a Mcdonalds urinal because you don't like their food. The only thing this guy is proving is that he's a dick.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

It is a constitutional issue, or basically a lack of constitutional authority to perform security duties for private entities. The same 1A, 4A and 5A constitutional rights that allow me to keep my window up, mouth closed, and give the finger to a FEDERAL(state laws vary) agent conducting a checkpoint without reasonable suspicion of a crime exists in all modes of travel. Thing is private entities are not subject in the same way, that is key, a private business could establish an official religion, could throw people out for any number of reasons without suspicion of a crime, the federal government is far more limited by the constitution. If American Airlines wants you to voluntarily sign a waiver, submit to neeked pictures or a sensual rub down to fly on their plane there is a strong argument that as a private property owner they can do as long as they do not violate law, and they would be liable for damages if their practices cause them. There is a fine balance between power and accountability in order to preserve liberty, too much power and too little accountability leads down the road from nanny state to police state every time, in this case you have government agents that have power over a citizen without much if any accountability, there really isn't much to stop the expansion and normalization of that power. If it is OK to "protect the public" in air travel, then it will expand into other aspects of daily life. If this particular encroachment is occupied with a daily flow of opt-outs, refusals to give unwarranted information, public videos, outcries and action every time they cross the line and a constant stream of general "douchery" then the status quo has a better chance to stay put, or possibly improve instead of falling down the toilet.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So the "if you never did anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" does not apply?

No, it does not apply. Had nothing to do with what I'm talking about. This is about bad guys keeping a clean criminal record so they don't come up on any record checks that would keep them from carrying out ab act of terrorism.
    And it's about a white, criminal record free, American could still commit a nefarious act.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    No, it does not apply. Had nothing to do with what I'm talking about. This is about bad guys keeping a clean criminal record so they don't come up on any record checks that would keep them from carrying out ab act of terrorism.
    And it's about a white, criminal record free, American could still commit a nefarious act.

Which is what everyone is saying.

Why penalize the law-abiding types, in the name of public safety?

There is real security, then there is the farce that is being perpetrated on us.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    He is a worthless tool.

A tool? Yes. Worthless, maybe not so much. While he is annoying and in general terms a douchebag, he is working within the limits of the law.

While watching that video, I got chills seeing the people being herded through and scanned. Something about it just made me very uncomfortable.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A tool? Yes. Worthless, maybe not so much. While he is annoying and in general terms a douchebag, he is working within the limits of the law.

While watching that video, I got chills seeing the people being herded through and scanned. Something about it just made me very uncomfortable.

This time, previous stunt landed him in jail.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

He is a piece is crap. He is no patriot. He is a drug using progressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom