• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    You really think so?

They're very willing and even eager to violate his 1A rights, you really think they would so much as hesitate to violate 2A rights?
    I said they would be willing to. Willing + Able = success. They're not able to. After the 1st attempt, they would realize that they are not able to, so they would lose their willingness. They don't have the resolve or the ability to confiscate firearms. The TSA is not a threat to the 2nd amendment.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I honestly think that an encounter with Kokesh proves little. His greatest strength, maybe his only strength, is provoking people. You can't meet him and not want to punch him in the mouth.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You really think so?

They're very willing and even eager to violate his 1A rights, you really think they would so much as hesitate to violate 2A rights?

It's easy to suppress speech, when someone is reasonably sure the victim doesn't have a firearm nearby.

Now trying to remove firearms from a armed individual, diff't ball of wax there.

Are there people who would be eager and willing to try, of course. Are there more of those types than we'd be willing to admit, in all probability yes.

Are those people willing to lose their lives trying? Only one way to find out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    AK is a major douche, but if the yutes of America who may or may not know him or his history see this video it will definitely help inform the low information public on .gov tyranny....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I thought violating a person's civil rights could hold the violator personally responsible under 1983 with no qualified immunity.

Not correct?

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    You really think so?

You realize you are defending and supporting a drug addicted attention whore who jeopardized and may have lost his right to bear arms because he is a attention whore who enjoys drugs. That's makes a lot of sense... He is just the type of person with character to be in the fore front of this fight.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yea, he's a attention whore, drug user and a douche, and it takes very little effort for him to expose unconstitutional practices and the erosion of liberty we see in our day to day lives. If every other citizen would act just as douchey when their rights were infringed as Kokesh, up to the edge of law no matter how inconvenient, embarrassing or intimidating, most of the unconstitutional BS agencies he goes around provoking would probably be out of the job, and we would be far better off. Lots of people think he's a douche, few think he's actually wrong, might not be the best poster boy for liberty, but there isn't exactly a line of volunteers willing to take his place either.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    AK is a douche.
    Unclear if he brought out the inner douche in the cops of if they are full blown douches on their own.
    Regardless of who did what, the video is disturbing. "Because I said so" should be reserved for God and parents to command. The police need the rule of law behind them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If I thought his motives were pure, I'd be more inclined to condone his antics.

I don't see that but that's just my .02

His agenda is himself as far as I can see. His theatrics have pointed out some deficiencies in training for LE but what agenda has been furthered besides his own?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Yea, he's a attention whore, drug user and a douche, and it takes very little effort for him to expose unconstitutional practices and the erosion of liberty we see in our day to day lives. If every other citizen would act just as douchey when their rights were infringed as Kokesh, up to the edge of law no matter how inconvenient, embarrassing or intimidating, most of the unconstitutional BS agencies he goes around provoking would probably be out of the job, and we would be far better off. Lots of people think he's a douche, few think he's actually wrong, might not be the best poster boy for liberty, but there isn't exactly a line of volunteers willing to take his place either.

yup.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Him tossing himself into positions like in the video also gives the LEO/TSA folks a reason for more legal training. In some of the parts of the video, the TSA and LEOs were flat out wrong. Stunts like this can cause their bosses to mandate more training.

It goes back to things like how carry was liberalized in philly, with one person going out to essentially bait police into actin improperly on camera...then suing. The lawsuit results in retraining to update everyone, and then repeat.

So, yeah...it can result in some good things happening.

....doesn't change the fact that kokesh is a douche.

Yep, This is the expected result.

When the professionals are trained to get it right, then the only one hurt is the prima-dona's feelings.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Him tossing himself into positions like in the video also gives the LEO/TSA folks a reason for more legal training. In some of the parts of the video, the TSA and LEOs were flat out wrong. Stunts like this can cause their bosses to mandate more training.

It goes back to things like how carry was liberalized in philly, with one person going out to essentially bait police into actin improperly on camera...then suing. The lawsuit results in retraining to update everyone, and then repeat.

So, yeah...it can result in some good things happening.

....doesn't change the fact that kokesh is a douche.

Soooooo, TSA and the LEO's should thank him for the learning experience and this will improve their customer service??
    How about this, how about just going through a busy fcking security checkpoint and get to your flight?

Nothing would have gone "wrong" if he wouldn't have started something.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Soooooo, TSA and the LEO's should thank him for the learning experience and this will improve their customer service??
    How about this, how about just going through a busy fcking security checkpoint and get to your flight?

Nothing would have gone "wrong" if he wouldn't have started something.

If they knew the law, they would not have to go through remedial training.

See how that works?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

He's like a "secret shopper"

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I honestly think that an encounter with Kokesh proves little. His greatest strength, maybe his only strength, is provoking people. You can't meet him and not want to punch him in the mouth.

He is being a total prick causing shit for no good reason.

Awful lot of people on this thread shooting the messenger and not getting the message. Here's the message from H. L. Mencken: "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."

AK is a scoundrel, and the TSA and the police are trying to shut him up even though he is doing nothing illegal in the video. They want him, and you, to just quietly conform to whatever civil rights violations they deem neccessary to "protect" you. Because they "say so". Baaaaaa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom