• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Im sorry you feel that way but im just sayin what i had experienced. nothing personal. everyone has an opinion, right? lol.

and i respect where u r coming from still. I just agree with the forum thread. is h and m that bad? lol.

cant tell me u never had a bad day or said something u wish u hadnt?

Please don't take offense at this, but please post in a clear and concise manner. The "internet/text" speak give a lot of us a headache. As we used to tell our daughter when she was little: "Use your words."

quickdrawsam

Feb 20, 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    Please don't take offense at this, but please post in a clear and concise manner. The "internet/text" speak give a lot of us a headache. As we used to tell our daughter when she was little: "Use your words."

Dear Mr. august1410:

I do apologize for my improper use of computer text. I feel that there was no reason for you to compare me to your younger daughters. So I will say that I do take offense to your choice of language in your statement. The use of speed text is a modern form of the English language to adapt to today's modern technology and fast paced world. I did not realize that this website has restrictions on the use of language, and, to the younger generations, they appreciate, comprehend, and advocate the use of speed text to keep a conversation flowing. In conclusion, I must reiterate my points then so that men and/or women of lower reading capabilities, who cannot understand the use of speed text, may understand the friendly debate that Mr. Vector and I were having.

In other words you are left with these options: learn the evolution of the modern English language or be mindful that your ignorance may leave you out of the conversation.

"I am sorry that you feel that way, but I am just stating what I had experienced. It is nothing personal. Everyone has an opinion, right?

I still respect your opinion and I hope we all can respect each other’s. I just agree with the forum thread. Is Horst and McCann that bad?

I believe that no one can ever say that they have never had a bad day or said something they wish they hadn't."

Thank you for your input Mr. august1410. I look forward to future logical conversations with you that lack passive-aggressive undertones.

Sincerely,

quickdrawsam

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Dear Mr. august1410:

I do apologize for my improper use of computer text. I feel that there was no reason for you to compare me to your younger daughters. So I will say that I do take offense to your choice of language in your statement. The use of speed text is a modern form of the English language to adapt to today's modern technology and fast paced world. I did not realize that this website has restrictions on the use of language, and, to the younger generations, they appreciate, comprehend, and advocate the use of speed text to keep a conversation flowing. In conclusion, I must reiterate my points then so that men and/or women of lower reading capabilities, who cannot understand the use of speed text, may understand the friendly debate that Mr. Vector and I were having.

In other words you are left with these options: learn the evolution of the modern English language or be mindful that your ignorance may leave you out of the conversation.

"I am sorry that you feel that way, but I am just stating what I had experienced. It is nothing personal. Everyone has an opinion, right?

I still respect your opinion and I hope we all can respect each other’s. I just agree with the forum thread. Is Horst and McCann that bad?

I believe that no one can ever say that they have never had a bad day or said something they wish they hadn't."

Thank you for your input Mr. august1410. I look forward to future logical conversations with you that lack passive-aggressive undertones.

Sincerely,

quickdrawsam

And I think the rest of us are forming an opinion very quickly here.......:sad20:

quickdrawsam

Feb 20, 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    You can do a search, its been covered multiple times.

Run down, place opens from old gunpowder range with tmj or hollow point ammo only for hamdguns, expensive but its a health reasoning. Freestate opens now you can shoot fmj with exposed lead well before the competition opened up exposed lead on a bullet was no good and bad for your health.

I asked about why we cant shoot solid lead bullets and they gave the same rundown. tmj is expensive but id still rather shoot it than have health risks for my kids. they seem to have a good vent system. they also told me it was because how expensive the filters are too... which i can understand given how harsh the economy is these days.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Type how you want man, this isn't websters dictionary forum. If someone doesn't like what you post them they don't have to read it

I like to use good English to the best of my small ability but who cares

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Exactly my point. I believe I have the right to defend myself. Especially in a situation where insults are used. I would hope that you would see the logic behind valuing opinions. He stated his, and I stated mine on the matter of "internet/speed text."

I do not see where I insulted you. I asked something and you answered. That's all. I did not insult you and you did not insult me. We simply stated our positions in the discussion.

Enough said. Let's move along.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I had my lead levels checked during regular blood work, I reload shotshells. I don't think you have anything to worry about lead wise unless you have been an employee working on a poor ventilated range for a few years

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I lol'd.

I have no respect for someone who doesn't have enough self-respect to capitalize the personal pronoun "I" in any written communication.
    That sort of diminution doesn't evolve our language, it perverts it.

quickdrawsam

Feb 20, 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    I lol'd.

I have no respect for someone who doesn't have enough self-respect to capitalize the personal pronoun "I" in any written communication.

I am sorry that you feel that way. In my opinion hundreds of years ago as proper English evolved into what it is today, I am sure they believed that how we speak perverts the language as well, but here we are. After all this is just an internet forum, and is no way a professional theatre.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I lol'd.

:thumbsup:The de-evolution of America... Texting like that your spouse is one thing, but in a format where others have to read/decipher it is....:sad20:

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    Dear Mr. august1410:

Sincerely,

quickdrawsam

WOW! Only on MDS...(hopefully):sad20:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    H&M is a small range and them holding classes that take up a third or more of their ranges during normal op hours is insane. I mean even freestate with 12 lanes only take 2 lanes for classes H&M has 6 IIRC so taking 1-2 during normal hours is going to run off customers. I still have a membership there but becuase I can't shoot my AR unless I have frangible bullets I go to freestate.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Opening a little late isn't an issue
    Having a class isn't an issue.

Expecting people to know you're holding a class (when it's not indicated), running late, and treating people with disrespect who ask when you'll be open, IMO is an issue.

Well said, and the face palm later was a nice touch.

quickdrawsam

Feb 20, 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    H&M is a small range and them holding classes that take up a third or more of their ranges during normal op hours is insane. I mean even freestate with 12 lanes only take 2 lanes for classes H&M has 6 IIRC so taking 1-2 during normal hours is going to run off customers. I still have a membership there but becuase I can't shoot my AR unless I have frangible bullets I go to freestate.

They have their classes before hours it just ran a mere half hour late. i dont see what the big deal is still. if they cant open til the class leaves then so be it. I went across the street to burger king while i waited. wasnt too big a deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom