• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Not to tread on your thread but I too found a good one. She isn't into firearms herself, but respects my rights, and I think she would admit feeling far safer with me having access to and experience with firearms. She doesn't by into the dial 911 and wait until you are killed BS. BTW, it is our 20th anniversary today! :)

Congrats!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Been married 20 years. My wife and I shoot and clean our 1911's side by side. When I call from a gun show and say, "honey I need to have this (whatever)", she's like," go ahead, you always do your research."
    She's a keeper!

Sounds like it. :thumbup:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    It's been a while since I have updated this thread because of my early December wedding and the holidays so here goes... I did everything I could to make our wedding be her dream come true and wouldn't you know it she topped me. After we exchanged vows as I am standing up speaking to our guests she interrupts me and pulls me aside. She tells me she has been saving every penny from her ebay business for the past year to surprise me. She points to an area in our venue that is curtained off and says your surprise is back there. I was clueless. The curtain opens and I am shocked beyond shocked. She somehow managed to get my favorite jazz artist to perform at our wedding. If you are a contemporary jazz fan you may recognize the name Marcus Johnson (has has put out 15 albums) if not see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Johnson_(jazz_musician)

So all in all December 6th was an awesome experience for a multitude of reasons. I love this woman. I definitely feel like one of the lucky ones.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's been a while since I have updated this thread because of my early December wedding and the holidays so here goes... I did everything I could to make our wedding be her dream come true and wouldn't you know it she topped me. After we exchanged vows as I am standing up speaking to our guests she interrupts me and pulls me aside. She tells me she has been saving every penny from her ebay business for the past year to surprise me. She points to an area in our venue that is curtained off and says your surprise is back there. I was clueless. The curtain opens and I am shocked beyond shocked. She somehow managed to get my favorite jazz artist to perform at our wedding. If you are a contemporary jazz fan you may recognize the name Marcus Johnson (has has put out 15 albums) if not see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Johnson_(jazz_musician)

So all in all December 6th was an awesome experience for a multitude of reasons. I love this woman. I definitely feel like one of the lucky ones.

Congrats. Sounds like a great wedding. Now things get "exciting" after the wedding.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member

I have a theory: you're really god in bed.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Congrats. Sounds like a great wedding. Now things get "exciting" after the wedding.

Exactly. We honeymooned in Puerto Rico (What a beautiful island). She took the gun purchase cuffs off of me and said as long as I am her husband I can buy as much gun stuff as I want with no restriction. She knows how much I hate not being able to shoot (MSAR has been doing Groupon and keeps filling the place up with gun renters) so she bought me a Glock 19 replica Airsoft to shoot at home. The thing looks and feels like a real gun (see the pic, metal slide, blowback operation). We will pick up my new Ruger SP101 tonight after the obligatory MD waiting period. This of course is my second SP101 and she didn't blink an eye or ask me why I needed another almost identical gun.

Attachments

• GP-WE-G19-GBB-1.jpg
      GP-WE-G19-GBB-1.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 183

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Exactly. We honeymooned in Puerto Rico (What a beautiful island). She took the gun purchase cuffs off of me and said as long as I am her husband I can buy as much gun stuff as I want with no restriction. She knows how much I hate not being able to shoot (MSAR has been doing Groupon and keeps filling the place up with gun renters) so she bought me a Glock 19 replica Airsoft to shoot at home. The thing looks and feels like a real gun (see the pic, metal slide, blowback operation). We will pick up my new Ruger SP101 tonight after the obligatory MD waiting period. This of course is my second SP101 and she didn't blink an eye or ask me why I needed another almost identical gun.

lol - I never had any gun cuffs on me. If anything, cuffs would have come after marriage, but they haven't. Guess it is all related to the amount of money on hand.

Wait until you have kids, vacations, etc. Then things get fun in more ways than one. Almost 9 years after marriage, I say I have the greatest woman and family in the world.

Attachments

• MdShooters22.jpg
      MdShooters22.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 159

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    As a single male....or as I call it "happily un-predivorced " I admire you. But I still like my aragement. :) God speed to you both,however.....:)

Studies show that relationships without kids last longer than relationships with kids. At least that is the most recent study I read. Thing is, why even get married if you aren't going to have kids. Sometimes, I wonder why people even get married at all, even when they want to have kids. Maybe for health insurance, like they are doing out in Washington State right now because of ObamaCare. Not even trying to get started on the entire marriage penalty income tax BS.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I have the best kind of fiance. She's not a shooter and doesn't even really like guns, but in spite of that she's not afraid of guns and is a "government should mind it's own damned business" kinda gal so she supports my 2A efforts 100% regardless of her own reservations.

That kind of understanding, to support someone in something you don't necessarily do, or even understand, yourself, is a true gift.

Her other qualities are equally amazing, but I don't want to gush.... ;)

As a single male....or as I call it "happily un-predivorced " I admire you. But I still like my aragement. :) God speed to you both,however.....:)

As a man who is happy to be out of a bad marriage, I don't call myself divorced, I call myself "single, with experience". :D

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I thought you guys should know how lucky I am. My fiancee became a convert this year and now gets dressed in all black "like an assassin" to go to the range with me. She wanted to buy me a Glock 30S for my birthday but they hadn't cleared the roster yet so she bought me an expensive watch. For Fathers Day she bought me Beretta CX4 Storm (Glock 30S still hadn't cleared the roster). In July when the Glock 30S finally cleared the roster she didn't blink an eye when I bought it the first day it went on sale. When I went to pick it up she ended up buying a Beretta Nano and a Ruger SR22 for herself. She is one hell of a shot with anything she picks up too. All this not to mention she is beautiful and brilliant too. We should all be so lucky. I officially take her off the market forever on Dec. 6 and I couldn't be happier.

Is anyone else lucky enough to be in a similar situation?

Perhaps I am...

My wife is a shooter and it was she and her family who introduced me to shooting by way of hunting on her family farm. I can hear her father's words today: "WHAT! That city boy you brought home never handled a rifle before??? WE GOTTA FIX THAT!".

Her wedding gift to me was a brand new Browning Auto 5 12 GA shotgun which I still hunt with and cherish today.

Having a spouse that's a shooter CAN sometimes be a problem. There are times that we argue over her getting a new handgun vs. getting me a nice new outfit. But we manage. :innocent0

PS: congrats on finding the right woman. So few of us do.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have the best kind of fiance. She's not a shooter and doesn't even really like guns, but in spite of that she's not afraid of guns and is a "government should mind it's own damned business" kinda gal so she supports my 2A efforts 100% regardless of her own reservations.

That kind of understanding, to support someone in something you don't necessarily do, or even understand, yourself, is a true gift.

Her other qualities are equally amazing, but I don't want to gush.... ;)

As a man who is happy to be out of a bad marriage, I don't call myself divorced, I call myself "single, with experience". :D

I was lucky enough to get myself out of a bad engagement. I was just talking to a friend about that yesterday and how lucky I was to have realized ahead of time that the relationship was going to be a disaster.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Perhaps I am...

My wife is a shooter and it was she and her family who introduced me to shooting by way of hunting on her family farm. I can hear her father's words today: "WHAT! That city boy you brought home never handled a rifle before??? WE GOTTA FIX THAT!".

Her wedding gift to me was a brand new Browning Auto 5 12 GA shotgun which I still hunt with and cherish today.

Having a spouse that's a shooter CAN sometimes be a problem. There are times that we argue over her getting a new handgun vs. getting me a nice new outfit. But we manage. :innocent0

PS: congrats on finding the right woman. So few of us do.

I was reading that and thought the end was going to be "we argue about who is going to get to go shooting or hunting and who is going to have to stay home and watch the kids." That is my dilemma right now. My wife wants to shoot her new handgun and has been bugging me about it, but I keep reminding her that we need a sitter because she will not go to the range without me and going with a 6 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old is out of the question.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    here's one from my wife

New Years morning she asks what I had planned for the day . Told her I was cleaning the garage. I am out there about 30 minutes she comes out with a sad face on so I ask her whats wrong. She wanted to go shooting instead of me cleaning the garage , garage was closed 30 seconds later :D

BTW 23 yrs married

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    here's one from my wife

New Years morning she asks what I had planned for the day . Told her I was cleaning the garage. I am out there about 30 minutes she comes out with a sad face on so I ask her whats wrong. She wanted to go shooting instead of me cleaning the garage , garage was closed 30 seconds later :D

BTW 23 yrs married

It took you that long to close the garage? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom