• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    What do you have against Del Ton? I have read that their stuff is pretty good. I just ordered a 20 inch Govt Profile A2 to put on a pre Oct 13 lower.

I will give a range report after I get it..... :)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Are there any other companies that make a 20" govt profile kit like Del-Ton? I'm having a heck of a time finding any kind of fixed carry handle uppers. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...n=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com

Who makes middle-of-the-road, quality AR barrels? I'm thinking of just piecing together my own upper. I've already checked out Green Mountain. I'm trying to keep those build strictly mil-spec.

KAK makes barrels using Green Mountain barrel blanks. www.kakindustries.com

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The last build I did I wanted an carry handle upper receiver. Everyone at the time didn't have any in stock. I asked here and bought one from another member. I tried to buy another upper receiver from a member here, but he didn't want to ship it and I didn't want to drive past Baltimore to pick it up.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

i've seen this guys builds on Gunbroker...not bad

Watch out for this one, I just got an upper from him, took 45 days, but his auction stated shipped in 15-30 business days, shipped on the 29th business day. His description of what he does is a little off too, especially when it comes to the deburr and polish part. Another member from here is in a dealing with him right now and I'll let him fill you in with his details.
    My XM was built with Del-ton and DPMS parts, nothing wrong with them, but nothing real special for the price and the wait time.

Last edited:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I am not sure about the quality, however do a search on them, and NOTHING nice said about their customer service or adhering to their delivery times stated.

Yeah, don't go by their gunbroker feedback without looking back through it, most of it is from upper receivers, BCG's, charging handles, stuff that is a handle once and ship stuff. I'm glad I got my assembly, but I won't be going back for another.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I stumbled across A2 uppers from Fulton Armory but they carry an $800 price tag . So far it's one of the few fixed carry handle uppers I've seen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    You could look at getting a national match upper. Not quite the same as A2 but pretty close to the average onlooker. Might be a little more $ than looking for though.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I would just buy the Del-ton. Mine is a go-to gun with many thousands of rounds through it. As accurate as any of my ARs.

I think I had one spec'd out (and in stock) website for $425? Basic A2 but not bad, ad $35 if you are obsessed with chrome lining. I would order one if I wasn't wasn't waiting for either Aero or PSA to get a decent priced .308 20" upper available.

In the interim I am thinking of ordering an extra .300AAC basic upper from KYGCO they have Andersons for $229. Nothing fancy.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    www.nodakspud.com/ Check out this little hidden gem of a website. They have Retro A1 A2 lowers and same with the uppers. They can provide either the product or direct you to where you need to go to build a genuine high quality retro AR/M16 from the 70's era. Great place to do buisness with. I bought their 10-22 sights years ago, and am going to get their 80% lower for a 10-22 build soon. They also have 80%ers for the A1 A2 lowers if your feeling like doing it yourself but have completed ones if not :-) Good luck, have fun and send pics when completed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom