• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kobold Thief

Oct 20, 2015
    Brooklyn Park
    A flat top with removable carry handle is going to be my last option if I can't find anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You can select an A2 upper from the dropdown menu on that page, it's the upper that I used for my A2 build.
    I like it a lot, I went for chrome lining on mine and after 700 rounds the barrel still looks like it left the factory yesterday. The only downside about RRA heavy barrels is that they're real bull barrels under the handguard, about 1" in diameter. I'm sending mine to ADCO soon to have it reprofiled to something more manageable.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You can select an A2 upper from the dropdown menu on that page, it's the upper that I used for my A2 build.
    I like it a lot, I went for chrome lining on mine and after 700 rounds the barrel still looks like it left the factory yesterday. The only downside about RRA heavy barrels is that they're real bull barrels under the handguard, about 1" in diameter. I'm sending mine to ADCO soon to have it reprofiled to something more manageable.

HBARs are heavy!! I have a 16" HBAR (top below) and it is heavier than my 20" gov profile!

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
      DSC_0011.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 154

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    HBARs are heavy!! I have a 16" HBAR (top below) and it is heavier than my 20" gov profile!

That's what drives me crazy about HBARs, my 20" HBAR A2 is HEAVY and feels unbalanced.

BTW not to hijack but I want to build an A2 stock 16" what buffer and gas tube length is that? Guess I am stuck with an HBAR since I don't want to give up one of my pre- FSA lowers for this build.

A while back I was running a rifle buffer and A2 stock on a carbine and it was not feeding well. Ended up reconfiguring it but I miss that classic A2 look.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That's what drives me crazy about HBARs, my 20" HBAR A2 is HEAVY and feels unbalanced.

BTW not to hijack but I want to build an A2 stock 16" what buffer and gas tube length is that? Guess I am stuck with an HBAR since I don't want to give up one of my pre- FSA lowers for this build.

A while back I was running a rifle buffer and A2 stock on a carbine and it was not feeding well. Ended up reconfiguring it but I miss that classic A2 look.

The 16" in the above pic is a carbine length gas tube, I just used a standard rifle buffer and have has no problems as of yet. Just a standard A2 butt stock kit I got from Rock River.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...tegory_id=296&CFID=554153800&CFTOKEN=12762738

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm going to build my upper. It'll be a standard A2 with A1 handguards and an A1 flash hider.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom