• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb1776

Apr 16, 2015
    Well, the very nice lady said that my HQL is being held up due to the fact a citation came back on my CJIS that needs to be reviewed by a sworn officer. The only citation I got out of state was a reckless driving in NC in 1997.

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    Broke down and applied for my HQL, buying the wife a G19. I hope that I didn't mess up in the part about what regulated gun you have owned to make you training exempt.. I am at work and didn't have the serial number for the gun I listed. I have taken a NRA handgun course but it was about 5 years ago, but the way I understand it , the class wasn't needed..

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Got mine today... Forgot the date.. I'll edit when i get my dates right

Ughh.. Only reason why i got it was for the g43.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Got my card on Wednesday. I applied on the 11th and It went active on the 29th. So about a month to get the card from start to finish. Now if I could just get my form 1 back I'll be a happy man.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Congrats to all that have received their HQL. See, it wasn't that bad, was it?

In a word: yes. We should not have to buy our rights from the State. I got mine because to do otherwise would be to allow them strip me of my rights, but we should not downplay the burden. If you had to go through this process to exercise free speech or to vote, there would be open revolt.

tnava68

Apr 24, 2015
    In a word: yes. We should not have to buy our rights from the State. I got mine because to do otherwise would be to allow them strip me of my rights, but we should not downplay the burden. If you had to go through this process to exercise free speech or to vote, there would be open revolt.

hear hear !! couldn't agree more

phil_c42

May 15, 2015
    Damascus, MD
    I applied for my HQL on May 1 and it is still pending. Only the Application/License Fee and DHMH parts are completed. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the month...

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    I have everything checked off except the CJIS criminal investigation check? All others we completed about a week and a half ago.

I have no criminal history at all. Anyone else have this experience.

I submitted my info on April 24 and still am waiting.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I have everything checked off except the CJIS criminal investigation check? All others we completed about a week and a half ago.

I have no criminal history at all. Anyone else have this experience.

I submitted my info on April 24 and still am waiting.

Yes, that's fairly common. One common cause for this is if you have a fairly common name, as I do. You can check the Maryland CJIS database for yourself and see if some unknown namesake is holding you up. Don't bother telling MSP, though. They'll just remind you they have 30 days.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Fingerprinted and filled out the application today, May 16. The wait begins.

I'm hearing it's taking the MSP about 90 days to complete the applications, something about a computer glitch.
    Just Kidding. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom