• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Crawler doesn't work in Safari ... just like the rest of the state's websites, its written only for the obsolete IE browser:

0258feb9-f789-4bb8-83b4-adaa8f71f76a.jpg

By law the MSP has only 30 days to issue the HQL. If someone's application is on day 8 or 10,
    the state legally has 20 or 22 days to get the machine fixed, buy a new one or have an outside
    contractor do them.

There is no legal "patience" required by the citizens of the state after the 30 days.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This isn't a shock.

The printer they use for these has a limited lifecycle, and supposedly maintenance is pretty tightly required.

In a way, this was even expected... just a matter of "when"

And so even knowing this would happen, no plan was made to allow printing to continue in the event of a failure. No extra consumables, no spare parts. No spare printer.

Big surprise there.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I can see people guessing at numbers without the license and being able to buy a handgun.

I dont think an FFL is dumb enough to just take the number. An HQL number can easily be verified by logging into your account while youre at the FFL to show status of active, name, and address match up with your driver license.

How willing are FFLs to do that instead of waiting for the physical card?

Oh and I wonder what else is not working for them. My Dad submitted his app on the 9th, everything is checked BUT LiveScan. that would suck if he has to repay to get his fingerprints taken due to problems on MSPs end.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    in case you guys haven't heard, one printer to print the cards? they say, yes? did you now when we were going through record gun sales, the MSP only had one fax machine going for background/ NCIS stuff. ha ha ha, ONE ****** FAX MACHINE for thousands of applications? and now ONE ****** PRINTER for HQL cards?

That tree of liberty shouldn't be without the blood of a tyrant much too longer!

Knightfall

Oct 9, 2013
    so long as you get your HQL number in a timely fashion, no worries. the number is all you need for purchases.

Not true, went all the way to the police barracks to do a transfer and was denied on the spot. They said "no card, cant help you, come back when you get a card".

You HAVE to have the card at the barracks

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Anyone who hits the 30 day mark needs to file a suit immediately. Do not wait. Contact SAF, NRA, etc if you need to.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    so long as you get your HQL number in a timely fashion, no worries. the number is all you need for purchases.

While it is all you "should" need for purchase, there are those dealers that require an actual card in hand to complete the purchase.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Crawler doesn't work in Safari ... just like the rest of the state's websites, its written only for the obsolete IE browser:

0258feb9-f789-4bb8-83b4-adaa8f71f76a.jpg

By law the MSP has only 30 days to issue the HQL. If someone's application is on day 8 or 10,
    the state legally has 20 or 22 days to get the machine fixed, buy a new one or have an outside
    contractor do them.

There is no legal "patience" required by the citizens of the state after the 30 days.

Works fine for me in Safari (7.0.1)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Tried it again in Safari ... waited and waited ... tried reloading and it popped up on the reload. Comes up instantly with Firefox. I still say its a problem with the encoding.

Didn't mean to imply it wasn't, if it was taken that way. I was just stating what version it worked with for me.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    As soon as someone hits 30 days of waiting, definitely

My approval (and my wifes)was December 27 and still no card. 30 days for me will be just before MSI in Annapolis. Might be interesting.

Dec 19 Finished HQL class and livescan
    Dec 20 Submitted Application ......
    Dec 27 Received #mid 4000 numbers
    still no card as of Jan 13 2014

Last edited:

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Finally broke down to go and apply, and I saw this!

Really sad in my book.

Can someone help me understand something.

I hear if you purchased a regulated firearm the year before Oct 1, 2013, I only needed to have my fingerprints scanned.

Is this correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom