• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Welcome to the forum Cavery.

I bought my first handgun in July last year. It's a Springfield 1911-A1 Stainless 9mm target pistol from Gunrunners. I reasoned at the time, if you are having only one..... might as well go top drawer. But, as many of you already know, you can't just have only one. Soooo, I just got my second. Another Springfield Loaded in .45 cal. and basic parkerized black. Now I'm already thinking, a Colt Commander or a Remington R1 Carry or a S&W E-Series would be a nice addition, right? Oh no! Do you think I'm addicted?

1911 lover? I don't believe I ever saw one I didn't like.
    I think you have the disease, Tom. I think your wife and I need to get you into a motel room and do an intervention. I can't seem to leave you alone for a couple of weeks before you buy something else. Oh, by the way my #1 double stack Bul M-5 is part way thru its .40 conversion from 9x23mm.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    I think you have the disease, Tom. I think your wife and I need to get you into a motel room and do an intervention. I can't seem to leave you alone for a couple of weeks before you buy something else. Oh, by the way my #1 double stack Bul M-5 is part way thru its .40 conversion from 9x23mm.

You may be correct. If I keep shelling out like this I may find myself living in a van down by the river.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    You may be correct. If I keep shelling out like this I may find myself living in a van down by the river.
    I need you to come to one of our 1st weekend of the month pistol matches. You need to learn to shoot under pressure in a low key match. In my squad alone today, out of 14 shooters only 1 was not using either a 1911 or 2011. 11 were single stack 1911 .45s, Dave Scoby was using his 2011 STI 9mm open racegun and I was using my 2011 Bul M-5 9mm 3-gun pistol. In the other squad I know there were 4 shooting 2011 STI 38 Super or 9mm open raceguns, plus a couple of revolver shooters.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There ain't nuttin' wong wiffa' bunch'a qwal'tee nint'n 'levens:D

If the attatchment posts here ^^^, to my customers, please don't sell your garment to buy one. Last year I had a customer (won't mention who it is other than he is a member on here and jus' lives up the hill from the shop) sell his garment in order to afford the purchase of a Springer Operator. It wasn't unusual to see this person running down the hill past the bowling alley (Center St) while only donning a bathrobe (stolen from Motel 8) and his wife's pink fluffy bunny slippers almost every time the UPS truck pulls up in front of Shooters Discount. One of those times he arrived in his rather unusual fashion, thoughbeit normal for him, to discover we jus' received an order of Springer Operators. Money was a bit tight for him at that moment so he wisked away to return just moments later with enough money to make the purchase. However, when he returned, it immediately became quite evident that something was missing, I mean REALLY MISSING. The bathrobe that he WAS wearing was no longer present. He jus' walked in the shop wearing nothing more than his wife's pink fuzzy bunny slippers and a small bag that previously contained frozen peas taped to his nether region (to keep the swelling down from his newly acquired "C342A" tattoo) while carrying his driver's license and piggy bank. Yep, he sold his garment to buy a gun. I almost became unglued as I was laughing so hard the tears rolled down my cheeks. While we were doing the paperwork for his new purchase, his wife strolled in. She was able to track his whereabouts by the trail of frozen peas that were falling out of the frozen pea bag that he hadn't realized a small hole had formed. She was so mad at him that she ultimately cooked the peas and gun together causing a pea green finish on the gun. Once we completed the paperwork and payment process, she ushered him home all the while hollering that the pink fuzzy bunny slippers were for her and the rainbow colored fuzzy "my li'l pony" slippers was his.

In summary, don't take the posted pic/verse literally.:D

You, Mr Lou...are indeed a sick pup! (but funny!) :lol2::lol::rofl:

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    So a few months back I traded a Taurus .454 Casull revolver for a Norinco nickel plated 1911. I shot it once to make sure it worked and it basically sat ever since. I was not really in the market for a 1911 nor was I really a fan of them, just had the opportunity to make a trade for something intriguing so I did.

Fast forward, I was reading this thread last week and though "oh hey, I got one of those, maybe I will take it out and see what the fuss is all about". So I did and low and behold I had an epiphany.... The damn thing shoots great.... Feels great in my hands and was way more accurate with it than my CZ75 9mm or XDm .40 I had out that day. A buddy I was shooting with had his M&P 9mm out that day and was getting some terrible groupings compared to what he usualy shoots so I let him take it for a spin. He emptied one mag, turned around and looked at me with this grin on his face, He had shot a tighter group than he ever had with his 9mm. I dont know if its just a calibre thing or a fluke but needless to say I was very impressed with the 1911. All this is from a stock 80's model Norinco and WWB ammo.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    A 1911 was on my pre Oct. 1st want list, unfortunately it didn't happen. That being said it's still on my list, just trying to find a good reason to get a HQL. The AR pistol Engage just got approved to the MD roster is almost making me get the HQL but I need a bigger push to the edge.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I brought #13&14 home Saturday,would have been sooner on one but seller wouldn't take a c&r since we were both md residents but out of the state,number 15 is inbound from Arkansas,another seller that won't accept a c&r,he said has to be 100years old,I told to him to look it up on the list and he said what list,grrr he cut me a little to make up for the transfer,luckily my guy charges 20$+10$msp.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I brought #13&14 home Saturday,would have been sooner on one but seller wouldn't take a c&r since we were both md residents but out of the state,number 15 is inbound from Arkansas,another seller that won't accept a c&r,he said has to be 100years old,I told to him to look it up on the list and he said what list,grrr he cut me a little to make up for the transfer,luckily my guy charges 20$+10$msp.

That's awesome 12 1911s in the bag and now 13, 14, and 15 on the way! List which ones you have or take some pics...nice 1911 collection! :)

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    My oldest one is a Feb 1913 with the keyhole style mag,some wwwII Remington rands and Colts,a few newer Springfields and colts,working on getting the variants of the war issues,springfield,Ithaca,etc.I figured I will give up some of the newer stuff to get the older stuff,wish I would have sold more ar15s and mags at the height of the panic than what I did.working on figuring out how to post the pics.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    My oldest one is a Feb 1913 with the keyhole style mag,some wwwII Remington rands and Colts,a few newer Springfields and colts,working on getting the variants of the war issues,springfield,Ithaca,etc.I figured I will give up some of the newer stuff to get the older stuff,wish I would have sold more ar15s and mags at the height of the panic than what I did.working on figuring out how to post the pics.

Where'd you find that 1913 Colt WWI with the correct Keyhole mag? that's awesome! I'm looking for a vintage 1912 - 1917 WWI with keyhole mag continuously searching. Is your 1913 fully original and correct? I am finding some of the older ones have been refinished or have later HP barrels or other small parts.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Where'd you find that 1913 Colt WWI with the correct Keyhole mag? that's awesome! I'm looking for a vintage 1912 - 1917 WWI with keyhole mag continuously searching. Is your 1913 fully original and correct? I am finding some of the older ones have been refinished or have later HP barrels or other small parts.

The barrel is the only part not orginal on mine but there is possibility of it turning up when the family gets around to going thru a box of parts they said stepdad has,a customer of mine in the shop was talking about his old 45 he loves to shoot,said I like 45s too he asked if I knew how to take one apart and would I show him,couldbt beleive it when I seen it,told him what it was he kicked around about selling it a good three years,had some good offers,told him he should take them,more than I could afford,eventually he said I would rather someone like me to have it and he said I want a 45 to shoot,showed him some of mine he fell in live with the ruger 1911 that I never shot and some cash and we were both real happy,unfortunately from him showing it to different people and not knowing the gun had two correct mags and an early twotone mag that some one switched out on him explained to him some one took him for several hundred dollars.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ Dude you are very lucky a real 1913 is something to be cherished. If you ever want to part with 'er lemme know. An original barrel may be out there but they are hard to find. The HP barrel used on the 1918 variant is more available, many times even they used to put match or A1 WWII barrels into the older guns to refresh them, discarding the original barrels, and other small parts through the years.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've got four (so far). Para Ordnance P14, Para Elite Target, Ruger SR1911 CMD, and my Father's USGI 1911 from his time in the Navy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    14 for me...My favorite:

Attachments

• DSC_0401-X2.jpg
      DSC_0401-X2.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 173

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    They are an addiction. Can't have just one. I NEEEED an Guncrafter Ind. to add to the collection. So far, EB, WC, SA, and DW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom