• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MudPuppy

Jul 20, 2012
    Another 1911 owner and lover. I keep it simple though, GI Springfield much like the one I was issued, except this one actually hits paper more often than not.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Need I say more...

1911God-1.jpg

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Too many 1911s ain't enough fer me. I doubt my collection would impress Lou but they're all quality firearms.

There ain't nuttin' wong wiffa' bunch'a qwal'tee nint'n 'levens:D

If the attatchment posts here ^^^, to my customers, please don't sell your garment to buy one. Last year I had a customer (won't mention who it is other than he is a member on here and jus' lives up the hill from the shop) sell his garment in order to afford the purchase of a Springer Operator. It wasn't unusual to see this person running down the hill past the bowling alley (Center St) while only donning a bathrobe (stolen from Motel 8) and his wife's pink fluffy bunny slippers almost every time the UPS truck pulls up in front of Shooters Discount. One of those times he arrived in his rather unusual fashion, thoughbeit normal for him, to discover we jus' received an order of Springer Operators. Money was a bit tight for him at that moment so he wisked away to return just moments later with enough money to make the purchase. However, when he returned, it immediately became quite evident that something was missing, I mean REALLY MISSING. The bathrobe that he WAS wearing was no longer present. He jus' walked in the shop wearing nothing more than his wife's pink fuzzy bunny slippers and a small bag that previously contained frozen peas taped to his nether region (to keep the swelling down from his newly acquired "C342A" tattoo) while carrying his driver's license and piggy bank. Yep, he sold his garment to buy a gun. I almost became unglued as I was laughing so hard the tears rolled down my cheeks. While we were doing the paperwork for his new purchase, his wife strolled in. She was able to track his whereabouts by the trail of frozen peas that were falling out of the frozen pea bag that he hadn't realized a small hole had formed. She was so mad at him that she ultimately cooked the peas and gun together causing a pea green finish on the gun. Once we completed the paperwork and payment process, she ushered him home all the while hollering that the pink fuzzy bunny slippers were for her and the rainbow colored fuzzy "my li'l pony" slippers was his.

In summary, don't take the posted pic/verse literally.:D

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There ain't nuttin' wong wiffa' bunch'a qwal'tee nint'n 'levens:D

If the attatchment posts here ^^^, to my customers, please don't sell your garment to buy one. Last year I had a customer (won't mention who it is other than he is a member on here and jus' lives up the hill from the shop) sell his garment in order to afford the purchase of a Springer Operator. It wasn't unusual to see this person running down the hill past the bowling alley (Center St) while only donning a bathrobe (stolen from Motel 8) and his wife's pink fluffy bunny slippers almost every time the UPS truck pulls up in front of Shooters Discount. One of those times he arrived in his rather unusual fashion, thoughbeit normal for him, to discover we jus' received an order of Springer Operators. Money was a bit tight for him at that moment so he wisked away to return just moments later with enough money to make the purchase. However, when he returned, it immediately became quite evident that something was missing, I mean REALLY MISSING. The bathrobe that he WAS wearing was no longer present. He jus' walked in the shop wearing nothing more than his wife's pink fuzzy bunny slippers and a small bag that previously contained frozen peas taped to his nether region (to keep the swelling down from his newly acquired "C342A" tattoo) while carrying his driver's license and piggy bank. Yep, he sold his garment to buy a gun. I almost became unglued as I was laughing so hard the tears rolled down my cheeks. While we were doing the paperwork for his new purchase, his wife strolled in. She was able to track his whereabouts by the trail of frozen peas that were falling out of the frozen pea bag that he hadn't realized a small hole had formed. She was so mad at him that she ultimately cooked the peas and gun together causing a pea green finish on the gun. Once we completed the paperwork and payment process, she ushered him home all the while hollering that the pink fuzzy bunny slippers were for her and the rainbow colored fuzzy "my li'l pony" slippers was his.

In summary, don't take the posted pic/verse literally.:D

:lol: :lol2:

Where do you swipe his credit card? :lol2:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I was surprised when my wife was first offered a chance to shoot a 1911. I figured she would refuse because it was bigger than anything she had fired before. But she took it, fired 7 rounds then looked at me with an ear to ear grin! It was that "I want one" look. She got one, a SS Colt Gold Cup. She shoots it better than any of her Glock's.

My pride and joy is a Spri... uh, er, a 1911. Yep, just a plain old 1911.

I hear he misses that bath robe.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was surprised when my wife was first offered a chance to shoot a 1911. I figured she would refuse because it was bigger than anything she had fired before. But she took it, fired 7 rounds then looked at me with an ear to ear grin! It was that "I want one" look. She got one, a SS Colt Gold Cup. She shoots it better than any of her Glock's.

My pride and joy is a Spri... uh, er, a 1911. Yep, just a plain old 1911.

I hear he misses that bath robe.

But ya' still have your wife's pink fuzzy bunny slippers to wear, well, at least when she's not home.:D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Welcome to the forum. There's a guy here named Lou who've I've heard has a 1911 or two.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Wonder who's leg he's tryin' to pull? or hump???:innocent0

Rumors... Just nasty rumors. He is more likely the Glock Miester. :lol2:

I luv m' Gee-Lock nahmeel.:D

But when it comes shootin' .45, there' nuttin' like de' ol' 1911. Yeah, I drank alotta' that JMB koolaid.:lol2:

Last edited:

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    1911 is like Porsche..."there is no substitute"

Only problem with 1911: will have you reaching in the safe for it so often you will neglect your other pistols.

I can't stop taking my Wilson Combat Custom CQB to the range!

God Bless John Moses Browning, thank you thank you thank you! For it not the genius of JMB we wouldn't have the 1911, the Hi Power, or the ma deuce (to name a few)!

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Hello and welcome!

I'm not much of a 1911 fan, don't get me wrong, they can be awesome guns and I enjoy shooting them from time to time.

You'll enjoy some of the "water cooler" threads, but you posted this in the right spot.

At Berwyn we have a contest a few times a year; 9mm vs .45. Most if not all of the .45 guys shoot 1911's. Last year was the first time I participated and the first time the 9mm guys beat the .45 guys! It's a simple marksmanship format, I'd like to think I helped. :)

Ahh yes. The Slider Comp.
    I've shot that a few times myself. In fact, I think I was there the first time 9mm won. I've got the Tshirt to prove it! :)

(Not that I actually helped with my terrible grouping, but still ;))

In any case, a 1911 is on my "To Buy" list. But there's a couple other things I want/need first.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    Welcome to the forum Cavery.

I bought my first handgun in July last year. It's a Springfield 1911-A1 Stainless 9mm target pistol from Gunrunners. I reasoned at the time, if you are having only one..... might as well go top drawer. But, as many of you already know, you can't just have only one. Soooo, I just got my second. Another Springfield Loaded in .45 cal. and basic parkerized black. Now I'm already thinking, a Colt Commander or a Remington R1 Carry or a S&W E-Series would be a nice addition, right? Oh no! Do you think I'm addicted?

1911 lover? I don't believe I ever saw one I didn't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom