• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AnnieOakley

Mar 7, 2012
    Hagerstown, MD
    Hi Everyone!

Just joined MD Shooters this month. Relatively new to the sport and appreciate any and all help, advice offered. In the process of purchasing a handgun for protection. Know of indoor ranges that are open to the public?

Thanks!
    AnnieO

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    welcome, sniff around the forum there are lots of helpful and informative links and threads for the reading. plenty others with more knowledge will post im sure

john

AnnieOakley

Mar 7, 2012
    Hagerstown, MD
    Thanks John. Have been checking out the forums. I think I need a glossary to the gun "terms". I guess eventually I'll figure out all of the abbreviations --
    AnnieO

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville and welcome to the lockeroom. Settle in with some sweet lemonade(official beverage) and enjoy the show. I hope you are thick skinned so you won't have to file any hurt feelings reports.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Hi RJ -- That's one of the reasons that I joined this site. Lady shooters need all the info they can get.

Not just women shooters , we all need help with something along the way :thumbsup:

Its always good to see more women getting into the sport and standing up for their right to defend themselves .

AnnieOakley

Mar 7, 2012
    Hagerstown, MD
    Just so happens that last weekend I had a close encounter with the "zombie type". If it hadn't been for my dog alerting me in the middle of the night -- it could have gotten real ugly real fast. Long story short, the police arrived and eventually apprended the dude and took his sorry A$$ to jail. Now, I'm waiting for my paperwork to get approved so I can pick up my new S&W 38. Saturday night's just won't be the same anymore at my house!

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Welcome form southern Balto County! Sorry you had a situation but glad to hear it turned out OK. You will find lots of helpful souls here, a fair number of PD types to give pointers, some excellent instructors for whatever kind of shooting you like and of course industry partners to help lighten your pocketbook.

:party29:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    Welcome from Boonsboro. There is a publickk indoor range up in Chambersburg. Izak Walton league in clearspring. If you ever want to try the IWLA let me know, it is close by and prety cheap to join.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Welcome Annie from Harford County. A lot of forums on here depending on you interests. Great people - all similar interests. I have learned a lot and great to be among friends with similar interests! Good luck!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Welcome from Catonsville! You may want to check out the Women On Target events at Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club. You can get info at mwtoinfo@gmail.com.

They also have a Women's Division that has casual shoots on Wednesday evenings and on the weekends. A very supportive group for women shooters, in fact two of them are attending the Bullseye Shooting Clinic at 12th Precinct Pistol and Archery Range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom