• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Not knocking Ruger as I'm a fan and have many, but which S&Ws do you anticipate failing in .38/.357 or 9mm? I'm curious, as I have many revolvers and the only failures I ever hear of are the pre-endurance package model 29s of 30+ years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not knocking S&W either. They make decent guns, I own a Shield. I will not buy a revolver with an integrated lock though.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Ruger because my trigger pull can be smoothed out, your S&W can't be made sturdier. ;)

Who manufacturers the revolver in the largest calibers again? :nono:

Ruger leaves you with peashooter calibers like .454 casull and .480 ruger.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Who manufacturers the revolver in the largest calibers again? :nono:

Ruger leaves you with peashooter calibers like .454 casull and .480 ruger.

That would be Magnum Research, built on Ruger Frames I think.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That would be Magnum Research, built on Ruger Frames I think.
    Yep.
    I'm not counting rifle caliber abominations.
    Selective reasoning. Ah, I see.

Are you going to actually shoot this year? You know we are doing another event 4/26. I would love to see you shoot my SP101 2.25" with 158 grain .357 loads. If memory serves me you played spectator last year. Do you own any of these large caliber S&W's? Please bring them. ;)

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yep.

Are you going to actually shoot this year? You know we are doing another event 4/26. I would love to see you shoot my SP101 2.25" with 158 grain .357 loads. If memory serves me you played spectator last year. Do you own any of these large caliber S&W's? Please bring them. ;)

pffft...I ordered a 2.25 inch barrel 44 mag.....yea I went the other way.

Not.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'm not counting rifle caliber abominations.

You may be seriously confused............ :sad20: rifle caliber are abominations, .454 casull and .480 ruger are peashooters............... Josh Earnest really should be concerned when you decide to go into the Bigs. :sad20: Would a deer or democrap know the difference from a 44 Mag to a 500 S&W? I doubt t.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I'm trying to visualize you shooting the big-bore beasties.

But, as long as the caliber begins with a 4 (or more), who's to argue, eh????

He shoots them in video game land. ;)

You may be seriously confused............ :sad20: rifle caliber are abominations, .454 casull and .480 ruger are peashooters............... Josh Earnest really should be concerned when you decide to go into the Bigs. :sad20: Would a deer or democrap know the difference from a 44 Mag to a 500 S&W? I doubt t.

I don't see myself ever wanting to go past .44 magnum in a handgun, I think that round handles just about anything you could want.

Yep.

Last I checked, the .500 S&W held the record for most powerful handgun cartridge.

But no, currently the only handgun I own is chambered in 9mm.

But if things went a bit differently a few years ago, I would be the owner of a S&W Model 29-2 with either a 6.5 or 8 and 3/8ths inch long barrel.

That may change in the future, but prices have increased considerably. (and availability decreased, I would imagine)

I'm just happy people are still chasing after pythons, though not much escaped the market increases of Firearmageddon.

I'm sarcastic, not an idiot. Why would I want a facefull of muzzle flash? I'll stick to .357 revolvers with 4+ inch long barrels.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

I don't see myself ever wanting to go past .44 magnum in a handgun, I think that round handles just about anything you could want.

Last I checked, the .500 S&W held the record for most powerful handgun cartridge.

But if things went a bit differently a few years ago, I would be the owner of a S&W Model 29-2 with either a 6.5 or 8 and 3/8ths inch long barrel.

That may change in the future, but prices have increased considerably. (and availability decreased, I would imagine)

I'm just happy people are still chasing after pythons, though not much escaped the market increases of Firearmageddon.

I'm sarcastic, not an idiot. Why would I want a facefull of muzzle flash? I'll stick to .357 revolvers with 4+ inch long barrels.

Yes, with these new monitors that see's one typing we should have noticed that.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

So are you shooting at this year's event? Real guns and all. Playstation doesn't count. ;) 4/26 at FreeState.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    So are you shooting at this year's event? Real guns and all. Playstation doesn't count. ;) 4/26 at FreeState.

Still an indoor range. If only delmarva wasn't on the other side of the bay bridge.

I'll probably be there, but I haven't made my mind up if I will partake in shooting that day.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Still an indoor range. If only delmarva wasn't on the other side of the bay bridge.

I'll probably be there, but I haven't made my mind up if I will partake in shooting that day.
    Well at least bring your gun so I can cut you some slack on the Playstation Jokes youngster. LOL

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just get one of these and be done with it.

super_shorty_obrez.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    S&W 442 or 642. I prefer 442 because it's flat black and less noticeable. Forget .357 in a subcompact, lightweight revolver. Recoil and hand sting is plenty with .38+P, especially 158gr. With .357, you'll feel like you broke your shooting hand after a shot or two. SP101 in .357 is fine if you don't mind the extra bulk and carry weight compared to lightweight J-frames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom