• ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ordered. LCR in 9mm

I'm glad you were able to choose. :thumbsup:

I had been debating between an LCR 38 and 357 (picked up several guns in between, incl the Model 60 at Gunrunners as an impulse buy), and then Ruger came out with the LCR 9mm and the LCRx 38 w/ 3-inch barrel. They haven't been making it easy.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    That thing doesn't bark, it BITES! My Shield is slim and trim but it doesn't bite like your PF9. Ouch! That G26 is a hell of a lot more pleasant to shoot isn't it?

Remember the pf9 was one of the first in its class. Its light weight and you forget about carrying it. It does bite but heck it will get the job done, and with adrenaline pumping you wont feel a thing. I can shoot 3 mags before my hand gets sore.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Just an FYI on your gun...

A guy on ar15.com had some trouble using Blazer Brass 9mm ammo in his 9mm LCR. The bullets crept out of their cases as he shot.

The LCR is so light, that if the bullets are not crimped well into their cases, the recoil can act like a bullet puller (this is called bullet creep) and they can cause your cylinder to jam. Apparently, the Blazer Brass rounds are not crimped very tightly. I am not a reloader, and someone else can chime in with more info about this sort of problem, and what ammo might be best to use.

Link here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_20/157486_Blazer_Brass_115gr_FMJ_in_Ruger_LCR_9mm.html

Here is a S&W test for the same issue, which occurs with their lightweight revolvers:

SampWAdvisory_zps46ee3a44.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom