• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Don't mess with revolvers that require "moon clips" to hold or reload ammo like 9mm or .45 in the gun. Misplace that little clip and the gun is useless. If this is a carry piece, you need a foolproof system.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Don't mess with revolvers that require "moon clips" to hold or reload ammo like 9mm or .45 in the gun. Misplace that little clip and the gun is useless. If this is a carry piece, you need a foolproof system.

+1 I had one in 380 and that thing was a pain in the ass to reload the clips, it didn't stay with me for long.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I wouldn't worry about it. You're carrying it loaded which means you have the moon clip. They can also be used as "speedloaders" and carried in the same style.

I've got one in .45 and it came with 5 or 6 moon clips. If I lost one/all of them I'd just order some more. The OP already has other carry guns.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The S&W 625 revolver in .45 is what Jerry Meculik used to set the world record of 12 shots--including one reload--in 2.9 seconds.

I came this close to buying one off the classified here awhile back, but no other gun I own has a little widget--that if dropped or lost in a dark alley--makes the gun hopeless and useless. I may still buy a 625 but it will be a range gun for fun.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ahhh, for multi caliber options why not just go all the way and get a Raging Judge with .454 Casull capability. :) Even if you miss the bad guy the shock wave will knock him over.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=702&category=Revolver

taurus-2-tau_2_513069_lft.jpg

Dec 31, 2012
    Ruger LCR 357/38, it now comes in 9mm if you must.

It's on my short list when/if funds become available.
    My LCR22 is the same size and I can fit it just about anywhere.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    The S&W 625 revolver in .45 is what Jerry Meculik used to set the world record of 12 shots--including one reload--in 2.9 seconds.

I came this close to buying one off the classified here awhile back, but no other gun I own has a little widget--that if lost--makes the gun hopeless and useless. I may still buy a 625 but it will be a range gun for fun.

The 625 can still fire rounds without a moon-clip..

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I came this close to buying one off the classified here awhile back, but no other gun I own has a little widget--that if dropped or lost in a dark alley--makes the gun hopeless and useless. I may still buy a 625 but it will be a range gun for fun.

Get one, they're great shooters

DSCN3919_zpsef5ebb21.jpg

If you drop or lose it in a dark alley it's because you've just emptied all six at a BG and have reloaded or stopped the threat and the police are going to be on the scene soon. Chances are your weapon will be confiscated while the investigation is ongoing and the least of your worries is replacing a nickel 98 moon clip....

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I vote sp101. Super sturdy, 357 isn't too bad out of them. I like mine quite a lot. After you Dry fire it a few times while watching walking dead or some other equivalent the trigger becomes much smoother. Price is right.

Boom.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Yes, I think you are talking about rimmed .45 ammo, but that ammo is harder to find than hen's teeth.

NO! A 625 cylinder is head spaced, so you can still drop a .45ACP round in and fire it without a moon clip. The moon clip is there for extraction because there is no rim on the case. If you reload .45AutoRim is no problem, No moon clips needed and use .45 colt speed loaders.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

NO! A 625 cylinder is head spaced, so you can still drop a .45ACP round in and fire it without a moon clip. The moon clip is there for extraction because there is no rim on the case. If you reload .45AutoRim is no problem, No moon clips needed and use .45 colt speed loaders.

More revolvers than ever that are chambered for 'auto' do not require moon blips as Marauder says. Will work either way. Extracting empty shells is a little harder though without moon clips.

9mm is cheaper, easier to find, generally more powerful than .38 and same ammo as your other guns. 38/357 would be my second choice and is a great caliber.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    More revolvers than ever that are chambered for 'auto' do not require moon blips as Marauder says. Will work either way. Extracting empty shells is a little harder though without moon clips.

9mm is cheaper, easier to find, generally more powerful than .38 and same ammo as your other guns. 38/357 would be my second choice and is a great caliber.

you would go with a 9mm revolver first due to the other carry guns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom