• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Two words sum it up for Vinnie "The Shill" DeMarco...

"We believe..."

Who needs facts when you have belief and opinion, right?!!

Vinnie "believes" what he is paid to believe. Seems like I have seen him shilling for some other org in the past, I guess he "believes" whatever is on the agenda for that day.

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    Vinnie "believes" what he is paid to believe. Seems like I have seen him shilling for some other org in the past, I guess he "believes" whatever is on the agenda for that day.

Vinnie has branched out into the health care area. He'll stick his dick in anything that gives him money, because he is a complete and totally empty whore.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Nothing is ever off the record with the media. I tell our rookie officers to avoid them like the plague, because "off the record" becomes on the record distorted information.

Maybe. Probably fair in general, but he didn't use any of our conversation in his article, which was mostly about knife violence in the UK. We didn't give him anything else to work with. :). I specifically summonsed him over to thank him for the email exchange we had over an article he wrote back in March. He does seem to listen.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We had an "off the record" conversation with the journalist from the Sun yesterday, Ian Duncan. Turns out he's from England (hmmmmm). Of course, we had to ask if he came in with Piers... :D

He conceded that knife violence had increased dramatically since the firearm ban over there...

Anyway, we vehemently refused to give him any "on the record" quotes (mentioning the distortion factor), his article seems like the most fair I have seen him turn in thus far. Maybe he got the message.

They need us more than we need them.. no controversy no story... no story no pay.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    We had an "off the record" conversation with the journalist from the Sun yesterday, Ian Duncan. Turns out he's from England (hmmmmm). Of course, we had to ask if he came in with Piers... :D

He conceded that knife violence had increased dramatically since the firearm ban over there...

Anyway, we vehemently refused to give him any "on the record" quotes (mentioning the distortion factor), his article seems like the most fair I have seen him turn in thus far. Maybe he got the message.
    Ian covers the courts for the Sun. After 2013 they took the story from the local beat reporters and put it into the domain of the legal guy. I think it a good thing, largely because the legal issues are fairly involved. It also makes the stories more "straight" in the sense that the legal reporters are used to distilling actual legal arguments vice emotional rhetoric.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'm reminded of the reporterette for WaPo who was in the House building 1Mar2013, who kept looking for quotes, and asking "So what are you telling them to say?"

She couldn't get it through her head that people are independent in their beliefs on 2A, and were only being encouraged to speak to what they felt important.

She eventually got it, as did several others.

And if I am thinking the same person you saw, then that reporter now works for a conservative national magazine and her new boss was (I think) an NRA lifer.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Anyone know why Frosh was able to get an assigned seat while the rest of us did not? Under what theory does he deserve special treatment?
    Either side can request it. Frosh is the likely new AG, so it's not a surprise the AG's office asked for a seat. If "our" attorneys had requested, they could have likely reserved some seats for the plaintiffs or witnesses, as well.

Mr H

Banana'd
    She eventually got it, as did several others.

And if I am thinking the same person you saw, then that reporter now works for a conservative national magazine and her new boss was (I think) an NRA lifer.

I saw/talked to her off-the-record later that session, and she seemed much more understanding of what we are about, so we may be talking the same gal.

Redhead?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Maybe. Probably fair in general, but he didn't use any of our conversation in his article, which was mostly about knife violence in the UK. We didn't give him anything else to work with. :). I specifically summonsed him over to thank him for the email exchange we had over an article he wrote back in March. He does seem to listen.

After meeting that guy, maybe an appropriate answer would be that our opinion is contained in the court documents. I thought the briefs were excellent and they would be easy to interpret. The only issue that may be confusing to a non-lawyer would be the Strict Scrutiny, Intermediate Scrutiny, and Rational Basis thresholds. I'm sure that reporter would know this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I saw/talked to her off-the-record later that session, and she seemed much more understanding of what we are about, so we may be talking the same gal.

Redhead?

She now works for a conservative rag...interesting.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Nothing is ever off the record with the media. I tell our rookie officers to avoid them like the plague, because "off the record" becomes on the record distorted information.

Trust me, nothing was said to Mr. Duncan of any importance "off the record". As soon as I saw him taking notes behind SNI's back, I alerted everybody to the matter and Mr. Duncan started walking away. Somehow, we got him to come back and shoot the BS with us for a couple minutes. I am also the one the brought up his "Not from American accent". It was actually a good discussion with Mr. Duncan.

When I got home, I got to see Frosh and DeMarco on the news. Just wondering why we cannot put anybody in the news that can say the right things while wearing a suit. Mister Duncan was looking for interviews and actually did interview the gentleman that was sitting next to me during the hearings (I apologize whomever you are, but I cannot remember your name).

No pun intended, but we are so gun shy about putting our cause out there. Is it the tinfoil hats? People worried about antis targeting them? Why not have people that look like Frosh and DeMarco (maybe a lot better looking, but you know what I mean), give intelligent interviews after these sorts of events? I know the standard answer, our words will be twisted, but other 2nd Amendment organizations do it and do a good job at it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

lol - you "summonsed" him over after I asked him for his name as he was walking away after I thanked him for his eaves dropping. Glad you put two and two together and realized that he was the one your corresponded with via e-mail. It was actually a pleasant and lighthearted conversation with Mr. Duncan.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Good looking, articulate spokespeople?

Dan and Patrick come to mind. Teratos' hair could also be a spokesdoo.

Yet, nobody was there for the cameras after the hearing. I know, probably because Plaintiffs' counsel said not to do it, but it really does make it tough to recruit people for our side or to show those watching the boob tube that we look like them. SHOCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom