• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    What amazes me is the total mis-representation of facts as well as just plain ignorance to the facts. A great majority of people still believe the AR-15 and AK-47 are "automatic" weapons, I spoke with somebody today who had that very misconception.

Also the media coverage over the outcome of the hearing was next to nothing. How sad and obvious is it that our media is controlled by people with an agenda.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What amazes me is the total mis-representation of facts as well as just plain ignorance to the facts. A great majority of people still believe the AR-15 and AK-47 are "automatic" weapons, I spoke with somebody today who had that very misconception.

Also the media coverage over the outcome of the hearing was next to nothing. How sad and obvious is it that our media is controlled by people with an agenda.

People with an agenda make a point of buying media companies.

If conservatives are such smart, greedy, loathsome manipulators, how come they are totally outmaneuvered and outspent by the Left, who control NYT, WPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, NPR, LA Times, Comcast, and most of the rest of them? It must be the Left who are the wealthy, loathsome manipulators, n'est pas?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yet, nobody was there for the cameras after the hearing. I know, probably because Plaintiffs' counsel said not to do it, but it really does make it tough to recruit people for our side or to show those watching the boob tube that we look like them. SHOCK

This is exactly the reason no one from the plaintiff's spoke on camera with the exception of Mr. Sweeney. In this case, not speaking and "running our mouth" in the news like Vinnie and Frosh, while folks wonder what our position is, we let the motions and the hearing speak for itself. Vinnie and Frosh can sit there and spew all of the wrong things (Vinnie: fingerprints) they want and make the state look more ridiculous.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Good looking, articulate spokespeople?

Dan and Patrick come to mind. Teratos' hair could also be a spokesdoo.

Thanks, but I really hate the camera. I will do it when needed but I really don't search it out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This is exactly the reason no one from the plaintiff's spoke on camera with the exception of Mr. Sweeney. In this case, not speaking and "running our mouth" in the news like Vinnie and Frosh, while folks wonder what our position is, we let the motions and the hearing speak for itself. Vinnie and Frosh can sit there and spew all of the wrong things (Vinnie: fingerprints) they want and make the state look more ridiculous.

Did not know that Sweeney actually spoke for the cameras. Did not see him on the TV when I got home. Could have been before I walked into the room.

Thing about letting the Motions, briefs, and discovery speak for itself, do you really think that people other than a select few on this forum and those getting paid to read them, are actually going to read through all of that? If we lose the Court battle and have not swayed public opinion one bit, goodbye 2nd Amendment in Maryland. Seems like all our eggs are in one basket, the Courts. Courts, please don't fail us now.

I know, we are trying to educate those that go to gun shops and gun shows, but are those the people that really need educating? Targeting your membership doesn't increase membership. Maybe contributions, but not membership.

Sweeney is an attorney. The masses expect him to be clean kept, well dressed, and to look like them. Just because he represents the Plaintiffs does not mean he is a gun owner or actual supporter of the 2nd Amendment either (don't know if he is or isn't a 2nd Amendment supporter, but most attorneys will zealously argue a non-frivolous case as long as they are getting paid to do so).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Did not know that Sweeney actually spoke for the cameras. Did not see him on the TV when I got home. Could have been before I walked into the room.

He basically said we have no comment other than we thank the court for it's time and it's consideration in the matter and we look forward to the ruling.

Thing about letting the Motions, briefs, and discovery speak for itself, do you really think that people other than a select few on this forum and those getting paid to read them, are actually going to read through all of that? If we lose the Court battle and have not swayed public opinion one bit, goodbye 2nd Amendment in Maryland. Seems like all our eggs are in one basket, the Courts. Courts, please don't fail us now.

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. Right now, public opinion is not who we are aiming this at, but the court. If we do not run our mouth in public and make bombastic comments, come off as reserved and polite, it gets us further with the courts than being a mouth piece (according to the legal team). That can be proven simply by Vinnie and his interview and his lack of knowledge of the lawsuits when he mentioned fingerprints (different lawsuit).

Once we get a ruling then we can start to educate the public.

I know, we are trying to educate those that go to gun shops and gun shows, but are those the people that really need educating? Targeting your membership doesn't increase membership. Maybe contributions, but not membership.

This is a very good point and I am glad you brought it up. MSI will continue to be at gun shows and outdoor shows, but we want to start increasing the mainstream shows we do, such as Bowiefest, Towson festival, Beltsville Day, etc. All have been very good shows for MSI along with shows in College Park and Burtonsville.. MSI would like to expand those, for just the above reason.

Sweeney is an attorney. The masses expect him to be clean kept, well dressed, and to look like them. Just because he represents the Plaintiffs does not mean he is a gun owner or actual supporter of the 2nd Amendment either (don't know if he is or isn't a 2nd Amendment supporter, but most attorneys will zealously argue a non-frivolous case as long as they are getting paid to do so).

I believe he is a gun person, I know Jay Porter and Sky Woodward are.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    People with an agenda make a point of buying media companies. If conservatives are such smart, greedy, loathsome manipulators, how come they are totally outmaneuvered and outspent by the Left, who control NYT, WPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, NPR, LA Times, Comcast, and most of the rest of them? It must be the Left who are the wealthy, loathsome manipulators, n'est pas?

So true

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel

I see that a lot as well, the liberal media dropping the ( automatic weapons ) misnomer. Hillary did it an an interview recently. Basically stating than anyone can walk into a walmart and buy an ( automomatic ) weapon without a background check, and people believe it, which is exactly how they dupe folks into voting for a ( universal background check ) bill. How could you be against that? Well, because it basically all ready exists, and the bill's tille is not the bills purpose. It has many, many other ramifications, none of which affect criminals, all of which affect non criminals, making them criminals. I even know a daughter of a DC police officer who claims to be ( pro 2 a) that thought automatic weapons were common place. Her reasoning for banning them was that they are used in gang warfare in DC. See the thought process.....

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    I see that a lot as well, the liberal media dropping the ( automatic weapons ) misnomer. Hillary did it an an interview recently. Basically stating than anyone can walk into a walmart and buy an ( automomatic ) weapon without a background check, and people believe it, which is exactly how they dupe folks into voting for a ( universal background check ) bill. How could you be against that? Well, because it basically all ready exists, and the bill's tille is not the bills purpose. It has many, many other ramifications, none of which affect criminals, all of which affect non criminals, making them criminals. I even know a daughter of a DC police officer who claims to be ( pro 2 a) that thought automatic weapons were common place. Her reasoning for banning them was that they are used in gang warfare in DC. See the thought process.....

DC liberals just got a nice court ruling stating that people have the right to bear arms outside the home.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    What amazes me is the total mis-representation of facts as well as just plain ignorance to the facts. A great majority of people still believe the AR-15 and AK-47 are "automatic" weapons

Didn't the hinge-head in charge of the state police say that in the hearings last year?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Didn't the hinge-head in charge of the state police say that in the hearings last year?

May have said it in the hearings. Definitely said it in one of the "town halls" they had to "inform" people.

hjc4604

Aug 1, 2009
    Sykesville
    Thanks Ron.

To those unfamiliar with the process, it's not a trial but rather a hearing for oral legal arguments by counsel on the factual record and briefs already before the court. Catherine Blake is no nonsense federal judge and this is a federal court. If you go, leave your message T-Shirts and attitudes at home. Dress appropriately. Don't bring pocket knives you will enter through metal detectors and be scanned. Cell phones are okay, and you may use them in the public areas only. They must be off before you enter a court room, and you can not use them under any circumstances to record or take pictures anywhere. If you have never been you might find it interesting and educational. This may be an opportunity for you to be seen as an interested citizen in attendance, but it is not an opportunity to be heard except through the counsel representing the plaintiffs and plaintiff organizations.
    I'm not encouraged after seeing this. http://www.therobingroom.com/Judge.aspx?ID=778#comments

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    My post wasn't a prediction of the outcome, but merely a summary of the process and forum/decorum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom