• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I made a similar plea during my hearing before the review board.
    It would also be nice to have some actual teeth to the limitations on the HPRB process. I applied for a "formal appeal" to the HPRB back in August, as one of the pre-stay applicants, and have been soundly ignored since that time.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    It would also be nice to have some actual teeth to the limitations on the HPRB process. I applied for a "formal appeal" to the HPRB back in August, as one of the pre-stay applicants, and have been soundly ignored since that time.

Your application may end up being one of the very few that stay in the system long enough to be valid when concealed carry for everyone is finally approved. Wait, I forgot, when Hell freezes over all apps will be void.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

PM me please

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Some of you guys that have requested and are waiting for informal (or even formal) reviews may want to think about banding together and filing a suit in Circuit Court, i.e. filing in court based on a "deemed denied basis" for the informal (or formal) review. You might get lucky and get a judge that is more receptive to your arguments than the review board; especially since the review board is ignoring the law and depriving you of even the right of redress through an appeal hearing? Its amounts to letting the Licensing Division reject your application with no right of appeal. I'd have to think about it some more, but if nothing else it would bring attention to the fact that the law is being arbitrarily applied by the agency.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    New Hampshire requires G&S ( or whatever thermenology), the goes on to state " Hunting OR Target shooting OR Self-Protection Shall deemed G&S .

Gov Bob could have done this administraively in a cpl hours, but he was more concerned in being Mr Bipartisan Nice Guy futilely trying to get reelected.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Exactly. Bob pandered too much and didn't play to his base, and was way too soft on 2A issues when he had the chance. Taxes, fees, whatever Bob all the same, but at least he didn't grow the budget like MOM.

Paladin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Feb 23, 2011
    Now that the 9th Circuit Appeals has ruled San Diego County 's G&S as unconstitutional it might force SCOTUS to take a look at G&S with the end being that it gets struck down - then Del Mike is a Winner and his head bashing (against this wall) can end!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Exactly. Bob pandered too much and didn't play to his base, and was way too soft on 2A issues when he had the chance. Taxes, fees, whatever Bob all the same, but at least he didn't grow the budget like MOM.

Very true. Bob didn't come to us until the 12th hour of his second campaign. Craig isn't making that mistake, his people were handing out stickers saying Craig is for concealed carry.

Feb 28, 2013
    New Hampshire requires G&S ( or whatever thermenology), the goes on to state " Hunting OR Target shooting OR Self-Protection Shall deemed G&S.

You mean you mean actually don't have to drag yourself into the State Police barracks bleeding from bullet or knife wounds from someone that really did just try to kill you to get G&S?:rolleyes:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I just got my renewal returned to me. I need an 8 hour training class to renew a license I already had previously...... I am 60days left to expiration and I was unaware of this requirement and it was not on the application checklist..... Pretty pissed right now!!!!
    I got my training class in... It was the first one offered(BCG&F) after the date I had my application returned. It was offered on the date of my expiration, over a month and a half later. I turned my application in with everything requested in person and had them check it. I asked about the class not be listed on their , online application and she admitted to it being a problem. Now I am in lapse because they cant get their online application fixed. I was immediately infuriated. Knee jerk BS..... their curriculum is just an outline given to instructors to fill with what they want to. The live fire exercise is the only thing they gave explicit instruction on....

Oh' when I asked how long the backlog was...she said "about 90 days".......

I am sick and tired of jumping through their hoops to live the way I have always lived.....I will continue to do so as an "FU" to their system no matter how much is costs in time and money...... sorry for the rant....just thought I would share.:D

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    since it is the phrase "good and substantial" that is the poison pill in this legislation.... AND it is specifically up to the MSP to decide what G&S is I was wondering what your thoughts are of the following.

1st don't repeal anything.

2nd have the legislature define G&S.

It seems that this would not only document a legally bind definition so we're not chasing ghost on the applications. It would also go e some thing more concrete to challenge the constitutionality of.

I realize that this might cut both ways, but it might be a start.

Thoughts?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    since it is the phrase "good and substantial" that is the poison pill in this legislation.... AND it is specifically up to the MSP to decide what G&S is I was wondering what your thoughts are of the following.

1st don't repeal anything.

2nd have the legislature define G&S.

It seems that this would not only document a legally bind definition so we're not chasing ghost on the applications. It would also go e some thing more concrete to challenge the constitutionality of.

I realize that this might cut both ways, but it might be a start.

Thoughts?
    MSP asked for that guidance over the past couple of years and several legislators have attempted to add legislation to do that very thing, including this year. The attempts this year, in both the House of Delegates and the Senate, were desk-drawered by Vallario & Frosh (presumably at the demand of TPTB) and not permitted a vote in committee, much less on the respective floors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom