• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sep 16, 2009
    Her aide told me he was a graduate of UM, College Park. Either way when I called he told me that Delegate James will not support anything that violates our second amendment rights. He also indicated that Delegate James said she recognizes the bill does not effectively target the criminal use of guns. Lastly, he told me that the House will only be dealing with the Senate version SB 281, not the House version HB 294.

So she says she "will not violate our second amendment rights" ?? So I guess that means she will now support concealed carry for every responsible Maryland citizen without the "good and substantial" roadblock? Does she agree with Judge Legg's opinion in the Woolard decision? I think not.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I would suggest everyone not familiar with the area obey the speed limit by Ripken Stadium, and Paradise Road as it gets close to Route 22, it drops from 50 to 40 to 30.

Sep 16, 2009
    Is this event rain or shine? Sounding like rain all weekend long.

Bob Turk says no rain until late Saturday so come on out and bring a flag or a homemade sign. You can call Joe Fleckenstein at 443-904-4768 for up to the date information. See ya there!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I went to her website and called and left a message.
    I also just sent out an email to all the delegates. Guess what, she replied with her laptop and asked for my address. I told her I donot live in her district but nearby in Harford County. I told her it's easy for me to door knock in her district and I promised her I would. I did give her my address.
    Everyone in hazzard and cecil county needs to email and call her.

See you all Saturday

HLOWERY

Jun 5, 2010
    Joppatowne, Md.
    I would love to be there but I'm stuck in sunny Florida bass fishing. I pray the rally stops traffic. Go get them!

By the way, no ammo and very few guns down here also! Plenty of hi caps though. Need an extra suitcase. Lol

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I went to her website and called and left a message.
    I also just sent out an email to all the delegates. Guess what, she replied with her laptop and asked for my address. I told her I donot live in her district but nearby in Harford County. I told her it's easy for me to door knock in her district and I promised her I would. I did give her my address.
    Everyone in hazzard and cecil county needs to email and call her.

See you all Saturday

I sent her an email and pretty much said the same thing.
    She is trying to fly under the radar and her district doesn't really know her core beliefs.

These people need to be reminded that Casper Tayler, then Speaker of the House, lost an election by 76 votes over gun control!!!

These folks think they are safe; they are not.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I would love to be there but I'm stuck in sunny Florida bass fishing. I pray the rally stops traffic. Go get them!

By the way, no ammo and very few guns down here also! Plenty of hi caps though. Need an extra suitcase. Lol

You a Bass fisherman?

Tidewatcher

Jan 29, 2012
    Now that I remember...I seem to recall that Delegate James and her husband were crime victims a few years back. At the time , she obtained her concealed carry permit after they were robbed in Havre de Grace. I sure hope she uses her vote to support no further infringement to her constituents. I wonder if she still maintains an active permit? I am certain that this thread is monitored. It would be great for her to challenge the Gov on this one...perhaps even change party affiliation. LOL

GreenDragon69

Mar 11, 2013
    This is a "rain or shine" event. The founding fathers knew they could be hanged for their resistance, the worst we will endure is getting cold and wet. See you in Aberdeen on Saturday!

Sep 16, 2009
    Tom Marr mentioned the rally on WCBM Radio this morning, should be a great turnout, a little rain won't hurt anything. See ya Saturday!

ekul88

Mar 12, 2013
    So she says she "will not violate our second amendment rights" ?? So I guess that means she will now support concealed carry for every responsible Maryland citizen without the "good and substantial" roadblock? Does she agree with Judge Legg's opinion in the Woolard decision? I think not.

In 2009 she published this statement about a bill that she was on of two sponsors for,
    "Handgun Permits Bill
    I am co-sponsoring HB 470 with Delegate Riley to help reduce the excessive requirements to be able to receive a handgun permit. This bill repeals a part of a law governing a finding that must be made by the Secretary of State Police for the issuance of State handgun permits. Currently the Secretary of State police must find that an applicant ‘has a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, and that a handgun permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against imminent danger.’ This condition that ‘imminent danger’ to the applicant is required for the issuance of a handgun permit is an unnecessary regulation of the right to bear firearms. Our Second Amendment right is being overly limited under current law."

ekul88

Mar 12, 2013
    I think it would be wise to stop allowing those who want to progress their own ideological agenda to use us as puppets by providing us with FALSE information. I am an avid gun entusiast, but I recognize quickly when people like Patrick McGrady or Joe Fleckenstein, who have NO real world experience, are trying to take adavantage of a highly polarized issue to expand their political platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom