• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rawpower

Aug 20, 2011
    I wonder if its possible to get an official statement in support of the 2a from mr grambo?
    Please call me Rick. I am the President of the Harford County Board of Education and I support the 2nd amendment with no exceptions or excuses. Our rights were granted by our creator and no human has the right to take them away.

Nice turnout today. I met a lot of really good people;
    Rick Grambo

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I planned on coming out with my whole family but my youngest spiked a 101 fever this morning and we ended up nursing and cleaning up puke. thanks for being out there guys.

For the record, here is a somewhat non-commital response I got from Delegate Dulaney James in response to a letter I sent her after DINO-ing up.

Barton,

The complex problem of severe mental illness and violence is one to which there is no easy solution. Many of you have reached out to me to voice your opinion about the best way for our society, government and culture to move forward.

So far, in Maryland, three major areas are being discussed: Mental Health, School Safety, and Lawful Gun Owners.

Mental Health: As the Chairman of the Subcommittee for Health and Human Resources I am supporting more intensive mental health outreach and services, especially to our youth. We are looking at creating the first emergency help-line in the nation specifically dedicated to mental health emergencies. We are also considering the potential benefits of establishing a mental health evaluation center to help with early diagnosis and treatment of individuals suffering from mental illness before they can harm themselves or others.

School Safety: I believe it is important to invest in security upgrades for schools including cameras at building entrances, automatically locking doors, shatter proof glass and buzzer entrance systems. Promoting additional collaboration among law enforcement agencies also needs to be strengthened. Our proposed state budget includes $26 million for increased school safety.

Lawful Gun Owners: I am well aware of the tremendously large number of law abiding gun owners who have obtained their weapons legally. It is very important to me that these citizens are not punished as a result of any new legislation.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to this important issue. I rely on individuals such as yourself to reach out to me and make your voice heard so that I may best represent my constituency while here in Annapolis. If there is anything further I may assist you with please do not hesitate to contact my staff at (410) 841-3331.

Sincerely,

Mary-Dulany

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:49 PM
    To: James, Mary-Dulany Delegate
    Subject: You are My Harford County Representative

Delegate Dulany-James,

My wife and I are a registered Harford County Democrats, and Voters in your district. I am writing to implore you as my representative to truly represent us by voting against and working to defeat any new gun legislation in Maryland especially HB294 or any other legislation proposed to mirror SB281.

I watched in disbelief as Senator Frosh told the senate floor that any gun taken off the streets will reduce violence. I'm not entirely sure what he means by taken off the streets, but I know that as someone who follows the law this bill infringes on my right and ability to enjoy my shooting hobby. I am not a hunter, I target shoot and my firearms have never hurt anything but paper. In fact in 10 years of military service post 9-11 I thankfully have never been in the situation where I was forced to pull the trigger on an enemy. I am, however devout in my belief that if faced with a threat to myself or my family I have the right to defend.

I have yet to see anyone including Senator Frosh offer any solid evidence that any provision of these bills will affect anyone intending to do something Illegal. I know without a doubt that it will affect my rights.

I will be watching your vote with this in mind and my wife and I are absolutely committed to voting accordingly in both the primary and general elections.

Respectfully

Barton A Weitzel

District 34A Voter

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Please call me Rick. I am the President of the Harford County Board of Education and I support the 2nd amendment with no exceptions or excuses. Our rights were granted by our creator and no human has the right to take them away.

Nice turnout today. I met a lot of really good people;
    Rick Grambo

thank you sir.

I was thinking of a statement for use in social media, much like the statements made by several maryland sherrifs. specifically addressing school safety and gun rights, since that is the reasoning our opponents are using to attack our rights with low information voters.

while your photo with that banner and your statement make ME happy and give me hope in my county, I'm not sure that would be the best image to present to low information voters.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I planned on coming out with my whole family but my youngest spiked a 101 fever this morning and we ended up nursing and cleaning up puke. thanks for being out there guys.

For the record, here is a somewhat non-commital response I got from Delegate Dulaney James in response to a letter I sent her after DINO-ing up.

Barton,

The complex problem of severe mental illness and violence is one to which there is no easy solution. Many of you have reached out to me to voice your opinion about the best way for our society, government and culture to move forward.

So far, in Maryland, three major areas are being discussed: Mental Health, School Safety, and Lawful Gun Owners.

Mental Health: As the Chairman of the Subcommittee for Health and Human Resources I am supporting more intensive mental health outreach and services, especially to our youth. We are looking at creating the first emergency help-line in the nation specifically dedicated to mental health emergencies. We are also considering the potential benefits of establishing a mental health evaluation center to help with early diagnosis and treatment of individuals suffering from mental illness before they can harm themselves or others.

School Safety: I believe it is important to invest in security upgrades for schools including cameras at building entrances, automatically locking doors, shatter proof glass and buzzer entrance systems. Promoting additional collaboration among law enforcement agencies also needs to be strengthened. Our proposed state budget includes $26 million for increased school safety.

Lawful Gun Owners: I am well aware of the tremendously large number of law abiding gun owners who have obtained their weapons legally. It is very important to me that these citizens are not punished as a result of any new legislation.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to this important issue. I rely on individuals such as yourself to reach out to me and make your voice heard so that I may best represent my constituency while here in Annapolis. If there is anything further I may assist you with please do not hesitate to contact my staff at (410) 841-3331.

Sincerely,

Mary-Dulany

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:49 PM
    To: James, Mary-Dulany Delegate
    Subject: You are My Harford County Representative

Delegate Dulany-James,

My wife and I are a registered Harford County Democrats, and Voters in your district. I am writing to implore you as my representative to truly represent us by voting against and working to defeat any new gun legislation in Maryland especially HB294 or any other legislation proposed to mirror SB281.

I watched in disbelief as Senator Frosh told the senate floor that any gun taken off the streets will reduce violence. I'm not entirely sure what he means by taken off the streets, but I know that as someone who follows the law this bill infringes on my right and ability to enjoy my shooting hobby. I am not a hunter, I target shoot and my firearms have never hurt anything but paper. In fact in 10 years of military service post 9-11 I thankfully have never been in the situation where I was forced to pull the trigger on an enemy. I am, however devout in my belief that if faced with a threat to myself or my family I have the right to defend.

I have yet to see anyone including Senator Frosh offer any solid evidence that any provision of these bills will affect anyone intending to do something Illegal. I know without a doubt that it will affect my rights.

I will be watching your vote with this in mind and my wife and I are absolutely committed to voting accordingly in both the primary and general elections.

Respectfully

Barton A Weitzel

District 34A Voter

Look at her school safety recommendations. She thinks that cameras will stop a psycho? Doesn't she understand that a video record will help draw a maniac? And, that door locks keep the children locked in so they cannot escape the psycho. What is she thinking? She wants trapped victims so they can be filmed.

She is a leftest that conned her way into representing a more conservative district. She needs voted out. If she hasn't changed by now she is really a doctrinaire trotskyist.

PaiDaGuerra

Mar 4, 2013
    Thermopylae,MD
    Look at her school safety recommendations. She thinks that cameras will stop a psycho? Doesn't she understand that a video record will help draw a maniac? And, that door locks keep the children locked in so they cannot escape the psycho. What is she thinking? She wants trapped victims so they can be filmed.

She is a leftest that conned her way into representing a more conservative district. She needs voted out. If she hasn't changed by now she is really a doctrinaire trotskyist.

Yeah, I tried to mention Senator Jacobs bill SB533 and she tried to drop the conversation. None of them for HB294/SB281 are for protecting our kids ... just getting the list of names for the next big roundup!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    img_4420.jpg

Here are my two oldest helping me do our part. We couldn't stay long, but they got a valuable experience. Only one single finger solute from a driver, while we were there.

Sep 16, 2009
    A special thanks to wesser1, on the rox, montoya32, and the phantom patriot for all the great photography and video!

oathkeeper

Mar 16, 2013
    The turn out today was great. Hundreds of people at the rally. Hundreds more waving as they drove by & honking their horns expressing support.

Tidewatcher

Jan 29, 2012
    Bart man, that was a fine crafted letter to the delegate. She had a great opportunity to be out front and affirm support for your position as many of our representatives have. She chose not to commit and we are still left to wonder why. Our expectation is that she will represent the position of her district, vote and uphold the 2nd Amendment. We do not need her or anyone else to lead us in a direction that diminishes our gun rights. As a representative of the people, her position should be open and clear. Presently it is neither. Delegate James is a nice person. I like her. She has worked hard in Annapolis unlike many others. This is late in the session and the gun bills have consumed much energy in Annapolis. Positions of respective senators and delegates should be well known at this point. I am unhappy that she has not distinguished her opposition to the Governor's Gun Bill package. She and others are deserving of our loud and repeated messages. So too are they sending us a message. They are informing us that they no longer respect their duty to represent us. Their job is not to lead. It is merely to represent. They no longer respect their duty to defend and protect the constitution and rights of the lawful. We must work diligently to elect representatives who will work tirelessly to support and defend the 2nd Amendment. When we have to invest such effort to get our representatives to communicate clearly and do what is right to protect our liberty, it is time for change.

I don't have to personally like my representatives. I want to be confident of their position and performance.

oathkeeper

Mar 16, 2013
    Bart man, that was a fine crafted letter to the delegate. She had a great opportunity to be out front and affirm support for your position as many of our representatives have. She chose not to commit and we are still left to wonder why. Our expectation is that she will represent the position of her district, vote and uphold the 2nd Amendment. We do not need her or anyone else to lead us in a direction that diminishes our gun rights. As a representative of the people, her position should be open and clear. Presently it is neither. Delegate James is a nice person. I like her. She has worked hard in Annapolis unlike many others. This is late in the session and the gun bills have consumed much energy in Annapolis. Positions of respective senators and delegates should be well known at this point. I am unhappy that she has not distinguished her opposition to the Governor's Gun Bill package. She and others are deserving of our loud and repeated messages. So too are they sending us a message. They are informing us that they no longer respect their duty to represent us. Their job is not to lead. It is merely to represent. They no longer respect their duty to defend and protect the constitution and rights of the lawful. We must work diligently to elect representatives who will work tirelessly to support and defend the 2nd Amendment. When we have to invest such effort to get our representatives to communicate clearly and do what is right to protect our liberty, it is time for change.

I don't have to personally like my representatives. I want to be confident of their position and performance.

Amen. Those that do not honor their oath are an affront to every man & woman that has ever put on a military uniform.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Did anyone end up at Mamie's around 4:30-5pm? I ALMOST could have come to this event, but timing was off. I was stuck in Havre De Grace with my parents, but we met some friends of theirs at Mamie's at 4:30. I couldn't have come over on my own earlier, 1 big ass hard to park vehicle and I have zero familiarity of Aberdeen, though I have a visual memory from yesterday now. I wasn't even to be in that area yesterday but a MDS member came by early to sell me 5.7 ammo, and going over to the house my parents and I will be moving to ended up impromtu to my being up early.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    img_4420.jpg

Here are my two oldest helping me do our part. We couldn't stay long, but they got a valuable experience. Only one single finger solute from a driver, while we were there.

Tim, I wish I would have known you were over there. I would have come over to say hi. I was on the Rt. 22 side of the Credit Union. Hands full, holding a flag and sign.

Feb 4, 2010
    Great effort by all attending.

Thank you to the MDShooters Community, the Harford Campaign for Liberty, and all the volunteers that made this event such a success. Harford Campaign for Liberty paid for 13000 robocalls to go to folks who live in District 34A and the surrounding area.

1/3 or so of the folks attending said they got the robocall, 1/3 saw it here, and 1/3 received an email about it.

Keep the passion moving-- but make sure to talk to your friends and family outside of the echo chamber, too. Little sisters, mothers-in-law, and co-workers need to have their voices heard to beat these squishy politicians.

Congratulations for a good event, and thank you for your support. Especially wesser1 and thephantompatriot for taking photos.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Thanks for all who put this together. A great example of getting people moving and visible.

Great effort by all attending.

Thank you to the MDShooters Community, the Harford Campaign for Liberty, and all the volunteers that made this event such a success. Harford Campaign for Liberty paid for 13000 robocalls to go to folks who live in District 34A and the surrounding area.

1/3 or so of the folks attending said they got the robocall, 1/3 saw it here, and 1/3 received an email about it.

Keep the passion moving-- but make sure to talk to your friends and family outside of the echo chamber, too. Little sisters, mothers-in-law, and co-workers need to have their voices heard to beat these squishy politicians.

Congratulations for a good event, and thank you for your support. Especially wesser1 and thephantompatriot for taking photos.

:clap::clap::clap:

awsom

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom