• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Whatever you decide on make sure you call Arrow and Bullet in Hagerstown. I know it is a bit of a hike for you but I just picked up a Glock 19 for $525 (new). Bill (I believe that is his name) is a super nice guy.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I also say stretch/save a little more and go for a Glock. MSRP on a new one should be under $600, and police trade-ins can be had from the $400 mark and up (depending on condition).

Cheap guns are usually not worth the trouble. I bought them too, and I got rid of them. Buy once cry once, I can promise you the Glock is a quality pistol. Anything with an MSRP under $450 (centerfire) is sketchy. Some people love Hi-Points, but then some people only eat McDonald's and their favorite drink is Milwaukee's Best. They can get the job done but just barely. Spend the extra cash and buy something you won't regret later. :thumbsup:

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm with FPS on this one. When I wanted a 9mm, I got my C & R license and bought a Walther P 1. Great shooter, readily avail ammo and parts, some history with it and delivered right to my door. Like it so much I may get another.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Marylandfisherman said:
    Hey, Milwaukees Best "Ice" isn't too bad. Don't knock it 'till you try it...

<Still on the Ruger P95 kick:party29:...

Used to drink Milwaukee's Best when I couldn't afford better, now I can yet I stick to Bud Light. What you can afford often has nothing to do with your likes and dislikes.

coynedogg

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2012
    UR2PC4ME
    Bud's, that is laughable :lol2:

Check out the thread about a member trying to purchase a handgun from them :sad20:

I have had really good experience with Buds. The only thing I don't like is the way they add 3% for non-cash orders and change items to VIP items. Most of the time the shipping is free.

I just purchased three more firearms from them. Look in the pistol lock thread for a photo.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Used to drink Milwaukee's Best when I couldn't afford better, now I can yet I stick to Bud Light. What you can afford often has nothing to do with your likes and dislikes.

I understand that. I haven't bought a new gun for over a year. Just because I come up with a couple hundred bucks here and there doesn't mean I go out and buy a cheap gun. That's just me though. Once I get some money saved up I've got a short list of things I want, most of them are over $1k so I'll be getting them over the next couple years.

I don't use credit cards, I save up and buy when I can. Or I go without it. :thumbsup:

And BTW a Glock isn't super fancy. It's like going to Five Guys instead of McDonald's. Marginally more expensive, but infinitely better. :thumbsup:

Glockman

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm a Glock fanboy, but my friend got a Sig P2200 for $400 and it is pretty sweet. Only problem is the mags are really expensive.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    For a cheap addition to my collection I joined GSSF for 3 years so I could buy the 3 glocks I want for LEO prices :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom